• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

anyone own a chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adpeig

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Surprise AZ
i have a question i have been looking into this chuck e cig. does anyone own one of these and would like to meet up so i can see it in action. am really considering buying one of these. i would love to see how it all works and the vapor it dishes out. and how is the throat hit on it. and does it give good flavor from ur juices. soooo many questions.

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Adpeig

Hellen has a Chuck, or two, or three, and will most likely pop in and give her impressions.

You may already know the basics so can stop here, but if not - this is my take on Mods.

Keep in mind the vapor production, throat hit and flavor are dependent on liquid used, atty type and voltage applied. Assuming you move the same liquid filled atty from one device to another, there should be very little difference.

Unless there is something significantly wrong with the design, creating a reduction in current flow, the mods are simply battery packs and should produce similar results.

The real value in Mods comes in reliability, versatility battery life and voltage options, over the standard e-cig batteries. Options include the use of different battery sizes for improved time between charges and voltage from 3.7 up to ???. Voltage becomes personal preference with the most impact on vapor and flavor. (I prefer 3.7, for flavor and feel the vapor is acceptable at that voltage.) The standard e-cig batteries come off the charger at approx 3.7 volts while the comparable 3.7v batteries used in mods charge between 4.1 and 4.2. The batteries used in mods last significantly longer between the need for charging and hold max voltage longer than standards.

From there, it becomes a matter of personal taste, price and the quality of the device. You get to choose a device with lots of battery options for voltage and battery life, but may have to accept a rather large device to get it all, or one dedicated to a specific battery size. Buttons on the side, top or bottom, and overall style are choices to be made.

Next is quality.
I feel the mechanical switches are the best choice as they seem more reliable than the electrical ones, but design still comes into play. There have been lots of switch problems, throughout the process of developing the devices we use, but the issues seem to be reduced as each manufacturer tries to make improvements.
Design and manufacturing quality play a large part in my choice of mod to use. I look at the fit and finish of the device as an indicator of overall quality, allong with switch and connector design.

I have purchased lots of mods before really deciding what is best for me. My preference is 3.7 volts with bottom buttons in a high quality mod. I feel it is worth spending a a few extra dollars to buy quality.

Hope I haven't bored you with my rambling and hope you have fun with your search.

Bob

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I do! I have a Chuck and two Little Chucks. Awesome units.

Sharky also has one.

They make a big difference when compared to running attys on stock batteries.

I'm meeting one of the new guys that lives in Surprise today at 11:00 at Los Fuentes Mexican Food (137th Avenue and Waddell, south of Ultra Star theater). If you can, come along... (or any other Westsiders reading this today!) otherwise we'll have to find a day to meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread