Anyone own a Kanger Aerotank Giant? And help with my Nautilus please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Right now, my two primary tanks I'm using are the Aspire Nautilus and the Aerotank Mega.

I'm constantly having problems with my Nautilus wicking properly. I typically have to keep taking it apart, and adjusting how tight the coil is, then messing with how tight I screw on the base until it will hit without the whole dry/burn taste. Does anyone have any special tricks up their sleeve in regards to a solution for this or what is causing it? It happens EVERY TIME I refill the tank..

I enjoy both tanks, but I like the liquid capacity of the Nautilus. Though, since I seem to have so many problems with it, I'm looking to invest in an Aerotank Giant. I just have one problem with it.... it looks HUGE (as in fat, or extremely big in circumference) So does anyone out there own one that they might would be willing to post a picture of with it on their mod? I most commonly use a Provari 2.5... and I'm thinking (from the images of the Giant I've seen by itself) that it's going to look insanely ridiculous on my Provari.

Any and all photos, or even confirmations that the Giant tank will or will not be like twice as wide as my mod are greatly appreciated, as is ANY help with my Nautilus problems. When I do get it working, I really enjoy it, and honestly would hate to just toss it aside because I can't seem to get it wicking properly without toying with it forever...

Thanks again in advance!

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Right now, my two primary tanks I'm using are the Aspire Nautilus and the Aerotank Mega.

I'm constantly having problems with my Nautilus wicking properly. I typically have to keep taking it apart, and adjusting how tight the coil is, then messing with how tight I screw on the base until it will hit without the whole dry/burn taste. Does anyone have any special tricks up their sleeve in regards to a solution for this or what is causing it? It happens EVERY TIME I refill the tank..

I enjoy both tanks, but I like the liquid capacity of the Nautilus. Though, since I seem to have so many problems with it, I'm looking to invest in an Aerotank Giant. I just have one problem with it.... it looks HUGE (as in fat, or extremely big in circumference) So does anyone out there own one that they might would be willing to post a picture of with it on their mod? I most commonly use a Provari 2.5... and I'm thinking (from the images of the Giant I've seen by itself) that it's going to look insanely ridiculous on my Provari.

Any and all photos, or even confirmations that the Giant tank will or will not be like twice as wide as my mod are greatly appreciated, as is ANY help with my Nautilus problems. When I do get it working, I really enjoy it, and honestly would hate to just toss it aside because I can't seem to get it wicking properly without toying with it forever...

Thanks again in advance!

When I used a Nautilus tank I learned that primer puffs were needed after every 2-3 puffs to get rid off that burnt rubbery taste I got. I wasn't able to set my device past 3.6 volts for whatever reason even though other ECF members said they set theirs at 3.6+ volts.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I dont own one but have been flip flopping about a week on getting one just to try out as ive always have had really good luck with Kanger products. If im not mistaken it will fit flush on a Provari with a beauty ring. Thats the main reason I was thinking about getting one because I like the flush look of it.

Random google pic
8f7c1896d4508d778893f765ed4c6def.jpg

ecfcc2cb0789b41d3493e2dcd32f29d1.jpg

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Man that tank is pretty big...lol..
I dont own one but have been flip flopping about a week on getting one just to try out as ive always have had really good luck with Kanger products. If im not mistaken it will fit flush on a Provari with a beauty ring. Thats the main reason I was thinking about getting one because I like the flush look of it.

Random google pic
8f7c1896d4508d778893f765ed4c6def.jpg

ecfcc2cb0789b41d3493e2dcd32f29d1.jpg

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Can you get the Provari beauty ring directly from Provape? And how exactly do you install it? Definitely interested in that, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm still very interested in the Aerotank Giant, because I have no problems with my Mega. Though I wanted to share this just for anyone interested who comes across this thread....

I thought MAYBE I was using one of the notorious bad coils from Aspire, so I put another in, exact same problem. HOWEVER, I recently ordered a pack of the new BVC coils directly from Aspire. So I went ahead and put one of them in my Nautilus. All I can say is, if all the new BVC coils perform like this one, WELL DONE ASPIRE! I got a tooth cut out yesterday, so I'm leery of really priming in fear of dry socket. Had one before, was excruciating. Regardless, I didn't even have to prime this thing. I simply let it sit for a few minutes. It's a 2ohm and I'm at 4v..., vapor production is excellent and the flavor is insanely pure. Aspire had said they were infinitely better, but I never imagined this kind of improvement. Nautilus owners, get the new BVCs... The only downside is that a 5 pack runs $20 and the cheapest shipping option I had was $8. Which is a LOT compared to Kangers.

I'll probably invest in the Giant, a beauty ring for my Provari, and another pack of BVCs with my next check..lol

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Man that tank is pretty big...lol..

Can you get the Provari beauty ring directly from Provape? And how exactly do you install it? Definitely interested in that, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm still very interested in the Aerotank Giant, because I have no problems with my Mega. Though I wanted to share this just for anyone interested who comes across this thread....

I thought MAYBE I was using one of the notorious bad coils from Aspire, so I put another in, exact same problem. HOWEVER, I recently ordered a pack of the new BVC coils directly from Aspire. So I went ahead and put one of them in my Nautilus. All I can say is, if all the new BVC coils perform like this one, WELL DONE ASPIRE! I got a tooth cut out yesterday, so I'm leery of really priming in fear of dry socket. Had one before, was excruciating. Regardless, I didn't even have to prime this thing. I simply let it sit for a few minutes. It's a 2ohm and I'm at 4v..., vapor production is excellent and the flavor is insanely pure. Aspire had said they were infinitely better, but I never imagined this kind of improvement. Nautilus owners, get the new BVCs... The only downside is that a 5 pack runs $20 and the cheapest shipping option I had was $8. Which is a LOT compared to Kangers.

I'll probably invest in the Giant, a beauty ring for my Provari, and another pack of BVCs with my next check..lol

I got mine from Loki Labs. It's just a black derlin ring that just sits on top of the tapered bit at the top of the Provari. Literally just sits on top. Then you screw your atomizer on to hold it in place.

I'll post a pic of mine in just a second in an edit. (have to do it from my phone)
b0444d9baae46768c95b1f7f4848ce19.jpg

(the way the fading came of my Provari looks kinda cool... first time I've seen it in a picture. Just thought I'd throw that in there! :p )

Last edited:

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I got mine from Loki Labs. It's just a black derlin ring that just sits on top of the tapered bit at the top of the Provari. Literally just sits on top. Then you screw your atomizer on to hold it in place.

I'll post a pic of mine in just a second in an edit. (have to do it from my phone)

Hmmm... kind of disappointed that it simply sits on the tapered end.

How well does it get held in place once you attach your tanks? Is it fairly tight and snug, or is it a bit loose, like rattling or spinning freely?

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
we've gotten our Megas in and I got my V2 yesterday and I think I like it better than the Mega (aesthetics of course it's small). I like them way better than my Nautilus (which are probably going to be "hand me downed" to the daughter and son in law)

Ed wants the Kanger Turbo, *making Tool Time manly grunt* lol*

that Giant is HUGE, maybe on a Crystal Cult bling vape it'd not look so huge...for me.(saw it on TiaVapes YouTube channel I love that lil gal, she reminds me of my Foster Daughter check her out she's a sweetie):)

this puts it in perspective for me, I think as one reviewer put it "Planned Obsolescence"
images

images

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA

How well does it get held in place once you attach your tanks? Is it fairly tight and snug, or is it a bit loose, like rattling or spinning freely?

With my IBTanked cartotanks it spins freely because of the flange on the carto. It makes the tank sit a bit higher when screwed all the way down. But with RBAs like my Zen and KFL it sits nice and tight and flush.

Ed Kindred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, Texas, United States
The V2, Mega & Giant are all the same from a mechanical stand point. I have the V2's & Mega. They let me quit "fiddlin'" with the Nautilus tanks. I'll get the Turbo, when it's available. to play with. I also still have several Protank 2's. My Kangers have been very dependable. I've been vaping for 3 mos and have only burned out 1 coil and I vape about 20 ml a day. Of course, I have 10 set-ups going so I'm not constantly on the same one.

1 MVP + Mega
1 MVP + V2
2 Vision VV 1650 mah + Protank 2
1 Vision VV 1650 mah + V2
1 Aspire CF VV 1300 mah + Protank 2
3 Ego-T 1300 mah + Protank 2
1 Ego 650 mah + Aspire BDC

All the Protank 2's have adjustable air flow bases with the air inlets bored to 3/32" & the Aspire BDC air inlets are bored to 1/16".

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the Giant is going to look a little silly sitting on top of a Provari. I believe it's intended for larger/26650 style mods.

If you enjoy the Mega tank but want more capacity, have you tried the Q-tip filling method?

Simply put, stick a q-tip into the center tube, fill the tank up to the threads (yes, fill over the center tube), then screw on your base and remove the Q-tip.

Big_Jim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Philly
If you enjoy the Mega tank but want more capacity, have you tried the Q-tip filling method?

Simply put, stick a q-tip into the center tube, fill the tank up to the threads (yes, fill over the center tube), then screw on your base and remove the Q-tip.

I was just coming in here to post the same exact thing. I've been filling my megas this way since I've received my first one. I love being able to screw the base on, flip it over, and not have any empty space in the glass.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Yep... I use the q-tip trick as well.

I'm quite curious as to how the capacity is increased by when doing it.

I'm going to have to see if all these BVC coils for the Nautilus work so well, but right now I am still planning on grabbing the Giant.

The tank ring from Provape is less than $20, so I'll just grab one of those as well, and hopefully my tanks will hold it in place decently.

Thanks again everyone!

Big_Jim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Philly
I'm quite curious as to how the capacity is increased by when doing it.

when you put the q-tip up through the base, level with the top of the opening, you can fill above the chimney tube without juice leaking out. you can fill that area up to the threading for the base starts, and it will hold about 2ml more. you take the base/coil and push it through, and itll push the q-tip out, leaving it sealed and the q-tip absorbing any excess juice.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
when you put the q-tip up through the base, level with the top of the opening, you can fill above the chimney tube without juice leaking out. you can fill that area up to the threading for the base starts, and it will hold about 2ml more. you take the base/coil and push it through, and itll push the q-tip out, leaving it sealed and the q-tip absorbing any excess juice.

Thank you for the more detailed explanation, but I already use this trick. It's my mistake for wording my question poorly. I simply meant to ask how much more the tank is capable of holding when you do this. But you answered that as well, so, many thanks! :)

I meant to post this earlier, and I know it's being run to death in the media, so I apologize for beating a dead horse, but I'd just like to take a sec to say rip Robin Williams. His death is one of the few celebrities we've lost that I can honestly say has truly affected me, and he will be greatly missed.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

The Mega is flush with the Provari; The Giant is flush with a SeVen 22 or 30

aminuts

Jul 8, 2014
Texas
As above, the Giant is 26650 sized diameter wise. The Mega would be about right for a Provari. And if you have a Nautilus do yourself a favor and get the new BVC coils. I loved the original so much when i got my first one I ordered several more along with several of the BDC coils....well shortly thereafter the problems set in to the point I put them all aside planning to give them away or trade for small stuff. Gave the new mini a try as i was curious about all the good reviews the new BVC coils were getting. Well the BVC coils have solved all those crappy problems and I pulled my old tanks out, ordered several new packs of the coils and WOW, I am in heaven with these. BVC coils work with the standard Nautilus tank also. Get ya some, you won't regret it.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal

The original Provari beauty ring is exactly the same: it just sits on top of the taper. Works just fine, though.

As for the Nautilus, there are a few possible answers. I did have to fiddle a lot at first due to dry hits and finally settled to avoid the bigger air hole completely. I still had some problems and read that there has been a bad batch of atomizers at some point a few months back. I decided to stick it through as my Nautilus is just a secondary tank I use to vape a different flavor when I'm home and now it seems to work just fine. Could be because the atomizer is gunked up just to the right point or because I've rinsed all the air holes in a desperate attempt after having a few bad leaks. I am still running it on its original atomizer and had to dilute my juices to bring down nic content because it was hitting too hard. I can't tell you which of these fixed my problem, but I can swear my problems stopped after I rinsed it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread