Anyone really suprised that vaping is getting heavily regulated in many places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenHall

Jun 28, 2019
Ive been vaping for a long time well before all these regulations etc.. have used a forum a couple of times to help with issues (wicking etc..) one look through any forum and their is so much obsession over vapes (people collecting, waiting for new mods, tanks etc, obsessing over flavours etc..) this if i didnt know better would make me agree about many regulations. The ridiculous size of vapes now a days and people chucking out huge clouds in public has not helped. The vaping public and the vape manufacturers really only have their selves to blame. Small old school vapes not to much health concern most likely, vaping at 100w plus on dual coils with strong flavours is a health concern and your stupid to think otherwise. I can easily see from some non vapers perspective why people thinks these devices should be banned and therefore why governments are pushed to regulate.

JohhnyStraw

Jun 28, 2019
I knew I started due to nasty smoking habits. I found it refreshing and yes, counting my days since I stop.

I am not too surprise all these regulation is coming. Seeing kids (under 18) vaping proudly in front of their friends and even family got me sick. Sometimes I listen to the local complaining what is going on and what not with the regulation and its funny how it leads to politics for some reason. But what do I know? Just my blabbing

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Ive been vaping for a long time well before all these regulations etc.. have used a forum a couple of times to help with issues (wicking etc..) one look through any forum and their is so much obsession over vapes (people collecting, waiting for new mods, tanks etc, obsessing over flavours etc..) this if i didnt know better would make me agree about many regulations. The ridiculous size of vapes now a days and people chucking out huge clouds in public has not helped. The vaping public and the vape manufacturers really only have their selves to blame. Small old school vapes not to much health concern most likely, vaping at 100w plus on dual coils with strong flavours is a health concern and your stupid to think otherwise. I can easily see from some non vapers perspective why people thinks these devices should be banned and therefore why governments are pushed to regulate.
Um... No. Vaping at high temp in a MTL device produces by-product chemicals. You know, carcinogens? Vaping with wide open airflow, with big clouds, requires less flavor than a cigalike also... Plus, if your chucking a huge cloud, typically, inhalation is not part of the scenario... I think you are either sadly misinformed, or just a lonely troll.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

KenHall

Jun 28, 2019
Um... No. Vaping at high temp in a MTL device produces by-product chemicals. You know, carcinogens? Vaping with wide open airflow, with big clouds, requires less flavor than a cigalike also... Plus, if your chucking a huge cloud, typically, inhalation is not part of the scenario... I think you are either sadly misinformed, or just a lonely troll.

Im not vaping with a mtl im just not vaping mass clouds and going through 15ml plus a day, i vape a single coil on low watts around 4ml a day. Misinformed or your ignorance is bliss to you if you really believe a bigger vape is better for you, as to your flavours we are all vaping the same juices ive never seen weaker flavoured juice made for ridiculously big vapes. Where did you learn a bigger vape and more airflow is better for you? On a forum? Vaping is not harmless, a lot less harmful then cigarettes. It takes no scientist to figure the more vape you inhale is going to be worse for you. The whole point of my post is that vaping has gone beyond a reasonable point where we will ever win an argument against reasons to regulate.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Im not vaping with a mtl im just not vaping mass clouds and going through 15ml plus a day, i vape a single coil on low watts around 4ml a day. Misinformed or your ignorance is bliss to you if you really believe a bigger vape is better for you, as to your flavours we are all vaping the same juices ive never seen weaker flavoured juice made for ridiculously big vapes. Where did you learn a bigger vape and more airflow is better for you? On a forum? Vaping is not harmless, a lot less harmful then cigarettes. It takes no scientist to figure the more vape you inhale is going to be worse for you. The whole point of my post is that vaping has gone beyond a reasonable point where we will ever win an argument against reasons to regulate.
The argument is that you have no right to tell me what I can and can't do with my body. I was smoking 40+ RYO cigs a day, an occational cigar, and a pipe from time to time. My hookah could put out clouds along side my vape at any point in time. And I make my own juice. Commercial crap is foul. You are vaping far more flavorings than I do, even at 30ml a day, and I DONT inhale!

KenHall

Jun 28, 2019
I knew I started due to nasty smoking habits. I found it refreshing and yes, counting my days since I stop.

I am not too surprise all these regulation is coming. Seeing kids (under 18) vaping proudly in front of their friends and even family got me sick. Sometimes I listen to the local complaining what is going on and what not with the regulation and its funny how it leads to politics for some reason. But what do I know? Just my blabbing
The argument is that you have no right to tell me what I can and can't do with my body. I was smoking 40+ RYO cigs a day, an occational cigar, and a pipe from time to time. My hookah could put out clouds along side my vape at any point in time. And I make my own juice. Commercial crap is foul. You are vaping far more flavorings than I do, even at 30ml a day, and I DONT inhale!

I dont believe my post had anything to do with telling people (definitely not you) if they can or cant vape, my whole post is just expressing that the way vaping jas gone has been a big cause as to why it is now being regulated. As for me being a lonely troll, well i think nothing was trolling about my question and as for lonely well im not the forum regular telling someone this. I posted this as i used to stand up in my local area against regulations, one example being allowed to vape in certain areas were you couldnt smoke cigarettes, stopped this when i started seeing mass clouds being arrogantly vaped in the street, this left me with no choice but to agree. I also used to stand for the whole alternative not as addictive thing then flicking through any forum so many people are crazy about vaping and obsessive about it and publicly that the argument is to openly and easily lost and probably rightly so, if i knew nothing about vaping these forums would put you off and paint a complete different picture to my experience.

KenHall

Jun 28, 2019
I dont believe my post had anything to do with telling people (definitely not you) if they can or cant vape, my whole post is just expressing that the way vaping jas gone has been a big cause as to why it is now being regulated. As for me being a lonely troll, well i think nothing was trolling about my question and as for lonely well im not the forum regular telling someone this. I posted this as i used to stand up in my local area against regulations, one example being allowed to vape in certain areas were you couldnt smoke cigarettes, stopped this when i started seeing mass clouds being arrogantly vaped in the street, this left me with no choice but to agree. I also used to stand for the whole alternative not as addictive thing then flicking through any forum so many people are crazy about vaping and obsessive about it and publicly that the argument is to openly and easily lost and probably rightly so, if i knew nothing about vaping these forums would put you off and paint a complete different picture to my experience.
You came here to tell us not to chuck big clouds?At least I'm not smoking the stinks.
I don't like your attitude at
You came here to tell us not to chuck big clouds?At least I'm not smoking the stinks.
I don't like your attitude at all!
I beleive i said people doing this in public have helped vaping to become regulated like cigarettes in some places, no one cares what you do at home.

Reactions: Nancy D

KenHall

Jun 28, 2019
All your answers are such typical forum user answers, call me a troll, only reply about one or two things i mentioned which dont even relate to the actual question. So ironic that i got called lonely by forum regulars. Take a look at a vaping forum, or a kid on the street in a mass vape cloud , people who vape ridiculous amounts of juice on massive vapes from an outsiders perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mimöschen

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I didn't say you were telling me what I could and couldn't do, I am saying any regulation on what I do, that has no bearing on you, shouldn't be allowed. Just because I'm vaping at 60w while walking down the street and my vapor is visible doesn't mean I'm polluting more that ta motor vehicle. My favorite cigar, a gurka, is a 54 ring gauge, and was far more obnoxious. The point is, people how want to regulate other people's vices should find something useful to do, and vaping with (most) off the shelf kit has a direct smoking correlation, so if I need to vape at 60-120w from time to time, no one should have the right to tell me no, and they'll have to pry my mech mod from my cold dead hands. I've thrown myself whole heatedly into a hobby because the only thing that truly replaces an addiction, is another addiction.
This one has helped me brush up on high school physics allows for a creative outlet in juice making, and I dae say, you visit any other hobby specific forum and you will run into just as many, if not more and worse fanatics. Hell, I know a guy that buys a new car every week, makes me trying out a new mod to find my unicorn device seem passe bay comparison.

Last edited:

KenHall

Jun 28, 2019
I didn't say you were telling me what I could and couldn't do, I am saying any regulation on what I do, that has no bearing on you, shouldn't be allowed. Just because I'm vaping at 60w while walking down the street and my vapor is visible doesn't mean I'm polluting more that ta motor vehicle. My favorite cigar, a gurka, is a 54 ring gauge, and was far more obnoxious. The point is, people how want to regulate other people's vices should find something useful to do, and vaping with (most) off the shelf kit has a direct smoking correlation, so if I need to vape at 60-120w from time to time, no one should have the right to tell me no, and they'll have to pry my mech mod from my cold dead hands. I've thrown myself whole heatedly into a hobby because the only thing that truly replaces an addiction, is another addiction.
This one has helped me brush up on high school physics allows for a creative outlet in juice making, and I dae say, you visit any other hobby specific forum and you will run into just as many, if not more and worse fanatics. Hell, I know a guy that buys a new car every week, makes me trying out a new mod to find my unicorn device seem passed bay comparison.

Im not saying they should regulate what watts you can vape at, i actually disagree with most regulations to do with vaping, i dont like going in to a vape store and struggling to find small vapes and what im saying is the argument is now hard and useless in even having. My point of the watts is cloud chasing has given vaping a bad look to the non vaping community, i dont get it even as a vaper? I found an alternative, i could use a higher vg and up my watts, lower my nicotine all for a bigger cloud but why?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Im not saying they should regulate what watts you can vape at, i actually disagree with most regulations to do with vaping, i dont like going in to a vape store and struggling to find small vapes and what im saying is the argument is now hard and useless in even having. My point of the watts is cloud chasing has given vaping a bad look to the non vaping community, i dont get it even as a vaper? I found an alternative, i could use a higher vg and up my watts, lower my nicotine all for a bigger cloud but why?
Because that is what I got from tobacco.

Any your right, arguing with someone who already made their mind up because they saw a spot on 60 minutes or 20/20 and now think they are well informed is like expecting to win in a fist fight with a brick wall.

The United States will do the right thing, after trying everything else first. -Winston Churchill

Give it about 130 years, and like other vapables, e-cigarettes be legal again.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I think I understand what Ken is saying. He's talking about vapers who blow huge clouds in a non-vaper's presence. And I have to agree with him on that. It turns public opinion against us.

What I hear from him is not "being a troll"; it's frustration.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I think I understand what Ken is saying. He's talking about vapers who blow huge clouds in a non-vaper's presence. And I have to agree with him on that. It turns public opinion against us.
Sure, no matter what, someone will complain... Tbh, I just realized I don't really have a dog in this fight anyway. I just have to claim it's medical, and my vaping is covered under the AMA, in my state and anyone with reciprocity.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019

What I hear from him is not "being a troll"; it's frustration.
Sure, and f1 drivers think drifters give petrol heads a bad name. OP is frustrated because he's arguing with people that aren't open minded. As far as not finding small devices at a vape shop, there are plenty that sell pods...

And if my experience, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that these juices have far less flavor than their pod juice counterparts;

sub ohm salts - Google Search

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
The term "douche flute" has been around for a while. Mech mod or a provari type device with a high ohm low watt mtl rta or aspire naut type tank was what started it. Public perception of vapers has never been good, vapers have always been regarded with some suspicion and scorn.
The 1st mechs I made in about 2009 for a workmate we called douche flutes and the atties he used we called douch nozzles.
Dont know what to tell you, vapers are scorned, doesnt matter what set up you use. If you think an old fart with a 6w mtl device blowing little clouds looks more clever and respectable than someone using an 80w DL device you might need to reassess your perception of reality, both look the same to the anti vaper, stupid.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
I vape right. You vape wrong. You're the cause of everything bad. I'm the good, poor old victim of yours. I know what's best for you. Do what I say or die.

By the way, this guy joined today and spent all his first five posts on this nonsense thread.

What an idiotic attitude.

Just another troll passing by. Nothing to see here. [emoji849]

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Gosh, I’m behind... I thought we were still blaming kids with juuls, but cloud chasers are the real problem again?

Blaming any vapers is tunnel vision. Take a broader look. You can’t swing a dead cat in this country without hitting a stupid idea that people are easily brainwashed into thinking is correct. The whole country has lost its bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread