anyone receive a focal 4nine clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Focal recently promo'd silver 4nine clones for like 13 dollars or so. I ordered one for a laugh given the price.

Well it arrived today and it is missing a part!
There is no magnetic contact for the battery.

Debating on whether I want to ask them for another (and risk getting the same) or just returning it.

FaceT1me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got mine in. not too bad for 13 bucks. I am running into an issue of the button getting hot. Also the plasic spacer threaded into copper ring seem to be very loose.

I did find out that the top hybrid cap fits my stingray clone and makes for an awesome hybrid stingray. That is almost worth the money right there.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I did find out that the top hybrid cap fits my stingray clone and makes for an awesome hybrid stingray. That is almost worth the money right there.
Very interesting. Wonder if someone could get focalecig to contact the manufacturer and get them to offer just the top cap alone for like $5. They'd most likely sell plenty.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Got mine in. not too bad for 13 bucks. I am running into an issue of the button getting hot. Also the plasic spacer threaded into copper ring seem to be very loose.

I take it you did get the magnet housing for the battery then?

dontyouevah

Apr 5, 2012
Cincinnati
Yes I did. But my button gets suer hot after 2 or 3 hits still not sure why

I'm also getting the hot button. I took it apart and soaked in isopropyl alcohol but there's still what looks like a bit of glue on the surface of the magnet in the button. If anyone has any tips on getting that glue off, I'd appreciate it. May be able to scrape it off but I don't want to ruin the mod.

Edit: Got the glue off. This thing hits really hard but that button just feels so sketchy... get what you pay for I guess.

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
I'm also getting the hot button. I took it apart and soaked in isopropyl alcohol but there's still what looks like a bit of glue on the surface of the magnet in the button. If anyone has any tips on getting that glue off, I'd appreciate it. May be able to scrape it off but I don't want to ruin the mod.

Edit: Got the glue off. This thing hits really hard but that button just feels so sketchy... get what you pay for I guess.
Mine finally arrived in today's mail. Noticed the same issue but I don't think mine was as bad. Cleaned up easily enough. Threads are decent, no nasty squeaky spots, wouldn't call them buttery smooth either. To the touch of my fingers, the sections fit well enough but there is a visible line. Otherwise finish is acceptable. The delrin insulator in the top cap was only about 1 turns worth into the cap. I couldn't figure out why my Kayfun wasn't working until I noticed that and screwed it in properly.

Works well. I like the semi recessed fire button. I don't feel a need to use the non existent lock ring every time I set my mod down like I do with my Nemeses or Stingrays (even though they have strong enough magnets to prevent firing) which is great.

I think I'd be happy with my purchase if it'd cost double the bare bones $13 I paid.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
I shoulda got in on this lol
Vapor Joe's Canada blog generally lists the focalecig group buy deals that are truly good deals. They don't list them all but some aren't particularly good deals ;)

Except for the recent $20 Vamo V5 deal that got mentioned on the main Vapor Joe's blog and sold 1200 in 3 days when they stopped it, the buy lasts 5 days with them shipping out at the end of the buying period. Shipping is free, sometimes they choose the carrier, sometimes you can choose, tracking number costs an extra $2. Their normal free shipping includes a tracking number. Delivery times are on par or slightly quicker than FastTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread