Anyone see this add yet from truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
Shows a muppet style figure puking all over the other puppet, insinuating that vaping will weaken your immune system and make you sick. I for one, havent even had as much as a cold since I quit smoking. What do yinz think? Also I'm not sure if this belongs in the health section, i posted here so more people would see it. Move it wherever you see fit.
Screenshot_20181014-091033_Snapchat.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I loved the fact commercials. They always used to make me want to smoke more, like all the jazzy music and neon and smoking talk made me excited. Or anxious. In which case I also wanted to smoke.

LOL, I think my favorite "Fact" commercial ever was the one that insinuated second hand smoking was bad for your pets. I was like, "If you can't understand that I am too addicted to smoking to worry about shortening my OWN life, you can forget about my concern for my PET." (I do realize they are targeting a younger generation than my own.) Plus, I never smoked indoors anyway.

However, if FACT wants to start vaping commercials, that is just fine with me, they should go after it with extra OMPH because it will make me want to vape more.

I think they are funded almost 100% by BT.

Also, anytime I see the word "Fact" attached to a commercial, my radar goes off and I automatically like, think, "FALSE!" so it's no biggie.

The only one I saw talked about "Ending smoking in our generation, we can be the ones!" It might've worked but then... The FDA.

Also, I have had two colds since switching to vaping ,the second one was slightly unpleasant but not so bad, the first one was downright chipper. I just lazed around for a few days and did not catch bronchitis or pneumonia.

IDK what vaping does or does not do to the immune system factually (I don't think TRUTH does either) but like, I think whatever it does is infinity times better than smoking.

Anna

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
I totally agree, anytime I saw a smoking add for or against I think "hmm that's a good idea" I still do...

I saw that going through my snapchat stories, like you I am sure these foundations are funded by bt. Its advertising essentially. I'm sure this is complete ....e as well, the majority doesn't know that though. It really gets under my skin when things like this are thrown out there with no citations or references of any sort. How many people were in your study, how many times was it replicated, did the results differ, let me see your theory, research notes, and final article. There is none though. The public just drinks up whatever someone says and takes that as an ultimatum.

Fact: King Tutankhamun invented vaping 68,432 years ago. It's TRUE, it's on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: CosmicTruth

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Hmm, after ten years of vaping being around, where are all the doctor and hospital reports of vapers being treated in large numbers? I don't believe there are any such reports! I rarely get colds now and haven't been admitted to any hospital the whole seven years that I have been vaping.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, the message seems clear to me.

Muppets shouldn't vape.

Me? I'm not a muppet :)

I, too, when still a smoker, got 2 or 3 colds a year, and could count on at least one of them being a real ax kicker. Just passed my 6 year mark, and have had ONE in that time, and done with it quickly.

Fact: King Tutankhamun invented vaping 68,432 years ago. It's TRUE, it's on the internet.

Fact check - that wasn't that long ago, it was only 68,431 years ago :)

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Too much nic might make you queezy.

Folks, we're inhaling heated chemicals. We all know it's not as harmful as tobacco smoke. Yet time has not revealed the long term effects, such as will emphezema be an issue after vaping 35 years. Will vodka flavoring inhaled for 27 years cause changes in chromosomes.
What we do know is it is less harmful than tobacco smoke. I'm sorry to see 'truth' getting involved. Often times anti-this or that causes youngsters to migrate towards the forbidden.

Only those who already agree they will not inhale foreign substances see the value in those 'truth' propaganda-mercials. You know the type...the ones who think vapes always explode or that big government is your friend.

Yeah, when I see 'truth' ads I always think "these are the same power grabbing folks who tout it's for the children".

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I used to get horribly sick every fall, whooping cough, bronchitis, flu, etc. In 4 years since quitting and starting vaping I've gotten maybe the common cold twice, and both of those times it didn't last long. Quitting smoking and vaping instead has definitely improved my immune system.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
First year i quit smoking winter was just around the corner, so pretty much did my first year in the cold, Never got sick (did had the sniffles plenty of times though but not much else).

NB: I'm diabetic type 1 which means i have a weak immune system aswell, so imho it's 100% false and just another rumor on instagram.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I used to get horribly sick every fall, whooping cough, bronchitis, flu, etc. In 4 years since quitting and starting vaping I've gotten maybe the common cold twice, and both of those times it didn't last long. Quitting smoking and vaping instead has definitely improved my immune system.

For me it was the spring that was the problem. Three years of pneumonia each spring. Then I switched to vaping 5 1/2 years ago. That also makes it nearly six years since I've had pneumonia, or even the flu, for that matter.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Will vodka flavoring inhaled for 27 years cause changes in chromosomes.

I don't much care about the state of my chromosomes by then, I'm not planning on doing any passing of them on by then. My chromosomes can suck it.

I think of the internet like this. Often useful, but very very broad:

Anna

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Folks, we're inhaling heated chemicals. We all know it's not as harmful as tobacco smoke. Yet time has not revealed the long term effects, such as will emphezema be an issue after vaping 35 years. Will vodka flavoring inhaled for 27 years cause changes in chromosomes.
What we do know is it is less harmful than tobacco smoke. I'm sorry to see 'truth' getting involved. Often times anti-this or that causes youngsters to migrate towards the forbidden.

That's what makes it particularly weird to me. They could do a decent ad on the grounds of "Do you know what you're inhaling?" or even citing some of that lousy research with overheated atties, but instead they go for the "weakens your immune system" woo.

I read something once (quality citation there, so I'll acknowledge right here that it doesn't mean much when I can't remember, let alone cite, where I got the idea) about why tobacco companies were willing to (reluctantly) participate in anti-tobacco ads. The gist was that the carefully-researched ads were totally ineffective, if not counter-effective. They painted a picture of a happy family with a well-behaved kid who agreed that smoking was terrible. That's not how the kids who are likely to take up smoking see themselves, so it has no effect on the potential market.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The pharmaceutical companies hate us because we seldom need what they are pushing. The tobacco companies hate us because we are no longer buying their products. The government hates us because we are no longer providing as many of the perks they came to rely on from the outrageous taxes we were paying them.

I am coming up on 7 years smoke free and during all that time not once have I had to take any kind of medication for colds or flu. Before vape I had at least one serious case of the flu each year that forced me to go to a doctor and several bouts of cold symptoms lasting weeks at a time.

I read this same thing over and over but to those that hate us it is anecdotal and in their minds it means nothing. They can't accept and embrace the fact that something has finally come along that can put an end to the many deaths cause by smoking. They really don't want to put an end to it. There is too much money involved. They just want it to appear to the sheep that they are trying and the sheep eat it up while patting them on the back praising them on a job well done. :facepalm:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The pharmaceutical companies hate us because we seldom need what they are pushing. The tobacco companies hate us because we are no longer buying their products. The government hates us because we are no longer providing as many of the perks they came to rely on from the outrageous taxes we were paying them.

I am coming up on 7 years smoke free and during all that time not once have I had to take any kind of medication for colds or flu. Before vape I had at least one serious case of the flu each year that forced me to go to a doctor and several bouts of cold symptoms lasting weeks at a time.

I read this same thing over and over but to those that hate us it is anecdotal and in their minds it means nothing. They can't accept and embrace the fact that something has finally come along that can put an end to the many deaths cause by smoking. They really don't want to put an end to it. There is too much money involved. They just want it to appear to the sheep that they are trying and the sheep eat it up while patting them on the back praising them on a job well done. :facepalm:

Looking at an even bigger picture......this is the governments back door antidote to attrition. Every so often you see the articles about dwindling food supplies, or the chemicals used in our daily food causing some sort of disease or ailment. This along with your last paragraph shows a pretty bleak view of our world and the greed of those in power. All the while the government rakes in the taxes and they don't look like the bad guys taking advantage of the sheep. Unless you are one of the unfortunate ones that any or all of these tactics impacts, you tend not to think about just how many people in this country go to bed hungry or gets sick from something our government allows to be put into food or cigarettes and gets $ for. So yes, you are most correct in your assessment of patting the sheep on the back but also of slapping them in the face at the same time.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Looking at an even bigger picture......this is the governments back door antidote to attrition. Every so often you see the articles about dwindling food supplies, or the chemicals used in our daily food causing some sort of disease or ailment. This along with your last paragraph shows a pretty bleak view of our world and the greed of those in power. All the while the government rakes in the taxes and they don't look like the bad guys taking advantage of the sheep. Unless you are one of the unfortunate ones that any or all of these tactics impacts, you tend not to think about just how many people in this country go to bed hungry or gets sick from something our government allows to be put into food or cigarettes and gets $ for. So yes, you are most correct in your assessment of patting the sheep on the back but also of slapping them in the face at the same time.
I agree with the sheep getting slapped in the face but I actually meant the sheep are patting the government folks on the back for a job well done. The sheep continue to think the government is doing a fine job until it affects them personally. :facepalm:

It has been a very long time since I have trusted anything coming out of D.C. but the war against vaping has cemented my negative opinion of them. This commercial is just one more farce funded by shadow funds to help brainwash those that are unable to think for themselves. :(

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I agree with the sheep getting slapped in the face but I actually meant the sheep are patting the government folks on the back for a job well done. The sheep continue to think the government is doing a fine job until it affects them personally. :facepalm:

It has been a very long time since I have trusted anything coming out of D.C. but the war against vaping has cemented my negative opinion of them. This commercial is just one more farce funded by shadow funds to help brainwash those that are unable to think for themselves. :(
Yeah, that too because it is easier to believe that. They don't want to look under the surface to see what is really there. So sad that most folks take the easy path of blindly following something or someone without even asking questions. If/when it does impact them they look around and wonder how they arrived at their situation. Happens to us all eventually if truth be told.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
For me it was the spring that was the problem. Three years of pneumonia each spring. Then I switched to vaping 5 1/2 years ago. That also makes it nearly six years since I've had pneumonia, or even the flu, for that matter.
Ufda that sounds brutal. For me it was a seasonal job for 45 days straight of 12-18 hour days in a cold, very humid environment. About 75% of the workers were smokers. The onset of my sickness(s) was right away, and lasted entire duration of the job and beyond. There was no taking any time off for anything trivial as being deathly ill for this job lol. Your basic hell, but the money was good! Haha
I worked 2 subsequent seasons as a nonsmoker, and did not get sick, not even a cold. I must conclude that smoking was a very major factor in this annual sickness, and that my immune system rebounded after quitting smoking, and started vaping. FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread