Anyone seens these or used one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio

Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
Germany
There are many grades of stainless. Some offer poor corrosion resistence. Most of the stuff we get is made of 300 series stainless. It's not terribly expensive and offers good corrosion resistence. One quick check I do is take a magnet to it. 300 series stainless is only mildy magnetic you may not even feel the pull unless you're really tryin. That's how I found out my igo-w doesn't have stainless screws. At least not 300 series stainless anyways.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Just got my order of 2. Took the normal 12 days from order to delivery. Very greasy, have to clean them. IMG_20131123_120407_500-1 (1).jpg

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
Picked up 3; all three would short right away with the chamber reducer installed. Going to have to grind away a bit of the inside radius of the reducers, near the bottom.

Aside from that: on two of mine, the positive screws won't tighten down far enough - going to have to either cut them down or find the correct bottoming tap and corresponding drill to make 'em work.

Aside from that: the positive post's outer diameter (it appears to be copper, btw; nice) is perhaps .5mm to large for comfort - knocking it a hair one way or the other and it could short (tested this, there's enough give in the appears-to-be-silicone grommet around the post to let this happen. Going to have to grind that down, too.

Aside from that: it's well built =) I know that sounds sarcastic, but it actually is - all the fixes are easy enough, and what you're left over with is a nicely built rba. The top cap fits snuggly, the build area is a bit compact but perfect for its purpose, the wick holes are generously sized in comparison to some (didn't measure, but the allen keys I wrap coils on (works for me, whatever), I was able to go up a size for the fill hole than what I have to use in some other genny's. It's not 5/32", but it's probably a full 1/8".). And, it's a compact atty - shorter by a good bit than my richman while having a similar capacity (about 2.8ml, via syringe measurement), and reasonably attractive in a simple/clean way.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
On the positive post screw, try taking the cylinder piece off and flipping it upside down. The screw in cylinder is too snug. The screw is short enough, you don't need to cut it. It worked on mine.
Picked up 3; all three would short right away with the chamber reducer installed. Going to have to grind away a bit of the inside radius of the reducers, near the bottom.

Aside from that: on two of mine, the positive screws won't tighten down far enough - going to have to either cut them down or find the correct bottoming tap and corresponding drill to make 'em work.

Aside from that: the positive post's outer diameter (it appears to be copper, btw; nice) is perhaps .5mm to large for comfort - knocking it a hair one way or the other and it could short (tested this, there's enough give in the appears-to-be-silicone grommet around the post to let this happen. Going to have to grind that down, too.

Aside from that: it's well built =) I know that sounds sarcastic, but it actually is - all the fixes are easy enough, and what you're left over with is a nicely built rba. The top cap fits snuggly, the build area is a bit compact but perfect for its purpose, the wick holes are generously sized in comparison to some (didn't measure, but the allen keys I wrap coils on (works for me, whatever), I was able to go up a size for the fill hole than what I have to use in some other genny's. It's not 5/32", but it's probably a full 1/8".). And, it's a compact atty - shorter by a good bit than my richman while having a similar capacity (about 2.8ml, via syringe measurement), and reasonably attractive in a simple/clean way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread