The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone still running 30mm tanks?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by SteamHead, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SteamHead

SteamHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    A year ago these seemed to be very popular, with tons of options being released. Now, not so much. Were they just a gimmick people grew tired of, or are they still seeing a lot of use? If so, which one do you prefer (post pics!)? Do they have as much flavor as 24mm tanks, or are they mostly for clouds, bro? From what I've found, the Aromamizer plus seems like the best option. Any others I should consider?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    My favorite RTA is the Aromamizer Plus. I have it on the Ijoy Lux 215. Perfect fit, and long battery life to power through the 10ml.

I also have The Tank V1 by Scottua. The vape off of it is awesome, but bottom filling is a PITA.

Of course, there's also the Beast, the Calypso, the Big Buddha, the Modfather... and more... I don't think 30mm tanks are a gimmick, but I do think they're fading in light of the Deeming and TPD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I bought an aromamizer 7 plus primarily because the 30mm size sat well on my ageis. It’s quickly become my standard at home tank though

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mermaaan

Mermaaan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    California
    I bought the plus mostly for its capacity and to have a tank that fits my 26650 mechs as well as my athena pride dna device. I still prefer my 30 mm rdas over the plus as far as large attys go. It is kindof a novelty item for me as I mostly drip or squonk.

I would love to see a 30 mm tank like the plus that trades some chamber and deck size in favor of higher capacity so I can run smaller more battery efficient builds and hold more juice without having to use tank extensions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vexx

vexx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    No parts allowed
    i still use them but mostly in house. my preferences are:
    the tank v3
    ohmec
    aromamizer plus
    vcst
    the tank and ohmec produce excellent flavor that can't be beat by a 24 rta..

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yeah that’s an issue with the aromamizer. I’m running it single coil which helps a good bit, but battery life still isn’t great. Luckily flavor still is

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. SteamHead

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Interesting, what's the details on that build?

8. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Single 22ga kanthal on 3 or 3.5 mm mandrel (I forget) 5 or 6 wraps compressed (again I forget) comes out near .35 ohm

I actually just rewicked it before reading this or I could have some pics for you lol

Update: oops! Running it at 22w. Forgot that bit. I need to rework every 3 or 4 tanks or so (using 10ml tank)

• Like Like x 1
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    the 7 plus doesn’t actually have that big a deck to begin with. It’s like 22-25mm

10. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I don't have any 30mm RTAs but I do use my 30mm RDAs at home every night. Does anyone know of a 30mm RDTA?

11. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The 7plus is called an rdta by the company because you need to wick it past it’s juice flow holes to keep it from leaking, but it’s really an RTA

12. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    +1 for the + :) Still the best Tank you can buy IMO. "RDTA" Was originally used by Steam Crave for their tanks cause of the Air Flow holes that are just like an old style dripper. Rebuildable Dripper Tank Atomizer
    Steam Crave Coined the acronym way before the new "Genne" Style Tanks Stole it!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    while true the thing isd it's deck design is nearly the same as most modern RTAs.

14. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Witch Deck? The velocity? The postless? the new Single Coil?
    It's not so much the deck, but the Juice flow & Air Flow that made the Aromamizers the legendary tanks they are today :)

15. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    All of the various decks flow juice the same way. How would it matter which specific wire connection scheme the deck had?

16. SteamHead

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Check out the new Iron Maiden RDTA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you get it, post here, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Pretty cool ceramic deck.

17. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    the why of a ceramic deck confounds me. heat insulation doesn't seem like a factor, and its fragile.

18. SteamHead

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    The coils won't short on anything.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    There is that

20. Don29palms