Anyone still running 30mm tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
A year ago these seemed to be very popular, with tons of options being released. Now, not so much. Were they just a gimmick people grew tired of, or are they still seeing a lot of use? If so, which one do you prefer (post pics!)? Do they have as much flavor as 24mm tanks, or are they mostly for clouds, bro? From what I've found, the Aromamizer plus seems like the best option. Any others I should consider?

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
My favorite RTA is the Aromamizer Plus. I have it on the Ijoy Lux 215. Perfect fit, and long battery life to power through the 10ml.

I also have The tank V1 by Scottua. The vape off of it is awesome, but bottom filling is a PITA.

Of course, there's also the Beast, the Calypso, the Big Buddha, the Modfather... and more... I don't think 30mm tanks are a gimmick, but I do think they're fading in light of the Deeming and TPD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I bought the plus mostly for its capacity and to have a tank that fits my 26650 mechs as well as my athena pride dna device. I still prefer my 30 mm rdas over the plus as far as large attys go. It is kindof a novelty item for me as I mostly drip or squonk.

I would love to see a 30 mm tank like the plus that trades some chamber and deck size in favor of higher capacity so I can run smaller more battery efficient builds and hold more juice without having to use tank extensions.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I bought the plus mostly for its capacity and to have a tank that fits my 26650 mechs as well as my athena pride dna device. I still prefer my 30 mm rdas over the plus as far as large attys go. It is kindof a novelty item for me as I mostly drip or squonk.

I would love to see a 30 mm tank like the plus that trades some chamber and deck size in favor of higher capacity so I can run smaller more battery efficient builds and hold more juice without having to use tank extensions.
Yeah that’s an issue with the aromamizer. I’m running it single coil which helps a good bit, but battery life still isn’t great. Luckily flavor still is

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Interesting, what's the details on that build?
Single 22ga kanthal on 3 or 3.5 mm mandrel (I forget) 5 or 6 wraps compressed (again I forget) comes out near .35 ohm

I actually just rewicked it before reading this or I could have some pics for you lol

Update: oops! Running it at 22w. Forgot that bit. I need to rework every 3 or 4 tanks or so (using 10ml tank)

Last edited:
Reactions: SteamHead

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

the 7 plus doesn’t actually have that big a deck to begin with. It’s like 22-25mm

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
+1 for the + :) Still the best Tank you can buy IMO. "RDTA" Was originally used by Steam Crave for their tanks cause of the Air Flow holes that are just like an old style dripper. Rebuildable Dripper Tank Atomizer
Steam Crave Coined the acronym way before the new "Genne" Style Tanks Stole it!

8OI6rRx.jpg

Reactions: SteamHead

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
+1 for the + :) Still the best Tank you can buy IMO. "RDTA" Was originally used by Steam Crave for their tanks cause of the Air Flow holes that are just like an old style dripper. Rebuildable Dripper Tank Atomizer
Steam Crave Coined the acronym way before the new "Genne" Style Tanks Stole it!

8OI6rRx.jpg
while true the thing isd it's deck design is nearly the same as most modern RTAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread