Travel and Vaping Anyone take an e-cig on a plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I am planning on getting out of town for a few days over the holidays. I will be flying to Arizona. I have never taken my e-cig on a plane yet, and I'm wondering if the idiots at the inspection point will give me any hassles. I think I'll pack it in my Smoking Everywhere box so They can at least read the box before they get all crazy thinking its some kind of detonation device. I am only taking a carry on backpack, so I wont be able to back it in any checked bags.

I'm going to leave my DSE905 at home just to be safe, but I will take my SE and my 510 with me along with some juice. Any information you can can give me before I go?
:) :) :)

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
I am planning on getting out of town for a few days over the holidays. I will be flying to Arizona. I have never taken my e-cig on a plane yet, and I'm wondering if the idiots at the inspection point will give me any hassles. I think I'll pack it in my Smoking Everywhere box so They can at least read the box before they got all crazy thinking its some kind of detonation device.

I'm going to leave my DSE905 at home just to be safe, but I will take my SE and my 510 with me along with some juice. Any information you can can give me before I go?
:) :) :)

Well, the only thing I could suggest would be (if you get passed the checkpoints, etc) would be to keep the vapor in your lungs longer to be considerate to the people near you on the plane... Less vapor is better in this situation IMO

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Well, the only thing I could suggest would be (if you get passed the checkpoints, etc) would be to keep the vapor in your lungs longer to be considerate to the people near you on the plane... Less vapor is better in this situation IMO

I dont think I'll be vaping in my seat on the plane. If I cant hold out till we land, I'll just go to the bathroom and take a few hits there.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
If I got through with these:

GG_012copy.jpg

You won't have any issues with a simple e-cig at all. I went through JFK and a few others last week with these without an issue. Only one TSA agent stopped the conveyor for a minute to look at it closer in the X-ray, then passed it along without a mention.

On an e-cig with an auto battery, I would suggest removing the atty or unscrewing it enough to prevent it from firing up on it's own however.

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
We have a whole sub-forum largely devoted to these issues: Travel and E-Cig - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat . Anyway, it seems that the huge majority of people have no problems at all.

My wife and I recently took our PVs and juice bottles (in the regulation transparent plastic bags) through a total of six security checkpoints, and into the cabins of six planes, flying between the US and New Zealand and back again. No problems at any stage. We also stealth-vaped in the cabins, and I don't think anyone else even noticed.

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
Southwest only has a problem USING the device ON an airplane.

Per the e-mail I have saved, this is the only use disallowed.

nevertheless I vaped on 4 diff southwest planes in the last week with no problems, by having no visible led and holding vapor in. but I do imagine it could be problematic if you were waving a 6v Silver Bullet around blowing thick clouds of strong flavored vapor billowing 5 rows of people surrounding you as the flight attendant asks you if you want some peanuts to go with your 555 juice

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
was on 4 planes again this weekend, Air Tran this time and vaped in the terminals and on the planes, not a problem at all.. I was discreet about it though and held in the vapor. I even had around 12 bottles of juice in my quart ziploc bag of liquids sent through security for my carryon as well as two passthrus, a pcc, a protege and adapters and many atty's and security didn't even bat an eye

had all that crap with me because I was giving most of it away to my father-in-law who after mine and his daughters suggestion has quit analogs and switched to vaping, after almost 50 years of smoking. he says he started smoking at age 9 (!) but not regularly until age 13 and now he's in his late 50s. personally I was amazed he actually did it

I'm still working on getting my father to vape instead of smoke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread