Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am a MTL vaper and use drop in coils. Joyetech has put out a new tank that uses ceramic pads that they claim can last for a million puffs. Has anyone tried the Joyetech Riftcore and if one of the ceramic pads were removed, would it make it suitable for MTL vaping?

From the looks of it, I don't think it would work like that. The cotton is sandwiched between the two plates, so taking one out would make it so the cotton wouldn't stay where it should. It also has airflow coming from both sides, and it looks to have a wide open style of airflow system that is not suitable for MTL.

On a side note, I'm fairly weary of the new ceramic plates that are being released. Nowhere does it say what it is made of (ceramic is not conductive, and they don't say what is in it that is conductive that does the heating) and I would feel like the guinea pig using them, but that is just me.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    From the looks of it, I don't think it would work like that. The cotton is sandwiched between the two plates, so taking one out would make it so the cotton wouldn't stay where it should. It also has airflow coming from both sides, and it looks to have a wide open style of airflow system that is not suitable for MTL.

On a side note, I'm fairly weary of the new ceramic plates that are being released. Nowhere does it say what it is made of (ceramic is not conductive, and they don't say what is in it that is conductive that does the heating) and I would feel like the guinea pig using them, but that is just me.
    Looks like they have a msds on Joyetech website.
    Not seeing any resistance info on the coils.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Looks like they have a msds on Joyetech website.
    Not seeing any resistance info on the coils.
    When I looked, it couldn't be accessed. They had some generic info listed but no real info could be found if you dug a bit deeper. I could not find what was inside those heating elements that was the conductive, heating material. Some of the materials in those ceramic plates can be hazardous.

(I know most here hate this guy, but check out the jai haze video on it, I went looking for the same info that he did well before he posted that video, and had the same issue, I have not checked recently so joytec may have changed something though)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK I'm not sure it would work like that either, although I must say, knowing Joytech, I'm not sure it would last for 1,000 puffs, either. But with that said, I am no HUGE fan of Joytech, either, so I'd probably take that into account (other than the durable CLR coil, ,which for me lasts far longer than the tanks that take it usually do. Just saying'

Anna

Been using a Riftcore for 3+ weeks now. I like it: great flavor, quick & easy refill, VERY easy to re-wick!

But today hit a snag - slide-top would only partially open for refill, left half of the fill slot covered.

Worked it back and forth 5-6 times and it finally opened all the way, but the silicon slot seal popped out!

Closing it binds a bit, so had to fold it down over the slot. Still vapes good, but the slot seal is NOT 100%. Juice will leak out the bottom if left sitting.

Could be a manufacturing defect (seal not adequately affixed to underside of top), or might be a design flaw, I can't tell.

I've got emails in to both the vendor & Joyetech, hope they can rectify soon 'cause I really like it.

Riftcore-flap-2L.jpg

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread