Anyone Tried Kanger Upgraded Dual Coil VOCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow AR

May 25, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Hello Everyone,
I was shopping around for some new coils for my Kanger Genitanks. I have been using the "newer" BDC 1.8 coils. On one vendor's website I noticed "Kanger Upgraded Dual coils VOCC Organic Cotton" coils. These appear to be identical to the "regular" coils with silica wicks but these "upgraded" coils advertise organic cotton wicks. The advertisement claims the organic cotton wicks deliver superior flavor. Does anyone have any experience with these "upgraded" coils with organic cotton wicks? If so, can you share your experience and any pros and cons of these with organic cotton vs. silica wicks? Is flavor better? Do the organic cotton wicks last as long as the silica?

Thanks!

PatrickG

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Indiana
I've been using one of these for a few days now in an aerotank. It's an improvement in my opinion. It has a much cleaner aftertaste than the regular dual coils. The silica ones always left my mouth feeling slightly metallic. As far as longevity, I'm still on my first coil, but I've put ~7ml through it and the taste hasn't changed. Overall thumbs up so far...

PatrickG

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Indiana
Patrick, the new cotton coils are single coil right? Did you use the same ohm rating as you did for the previous dual coil generation? Anyone else try these cotton ones?

I've been using these...http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers...10/kanger-coils/vocc-upgraded-dual-coils.html
Kanger Upgraded Dual Coils VOCC Organic Cotton - Kanger Coils - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks

Dual coil. They do have single coil ones that fit protanks, but I haven't tried them, I just have a couple aerotanks. I've stuck with the same 1.5ohm I used in the old version. I'm still pretty impressed by them. I'm surprised more people aren't giving them a shot.

Reactions: Eric Auer

kwent86

Oct 28, 2013
North Carolina
You are right they are dual coil. I bought the same ones and they are working out great so far compared to the previous generation. The taste is much improved in my opinion. More importantly they have allowed me to burn at higher wattages without getting a nasty taste. With the previous coils I was very limited to a wattage sweet spot. I love being able to crank it up and take a shorter yet equally effective hit with the new coils. I will report back in a week or two about the longevity of the coil.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ...they have allowed me to burn at higher wattages without getting a nasty taste.

It's great to know that you can crank up the voltage/wattage a little more. Can I ask at what voltage/wattage you can crank it up to (and what ohm rating you are using)?

AndreiS90

Jun 14, 2015
    DiscountVapers.com_Kanger_VOCC_coils4__97617.1435169353.1280.1280.jpg
    they're single coil.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
    I've purchased Kanger VOCC coils and so far so good. It's an upgrade to their original OCC coils and so far I did not get anything even remotely resembling a dry hit, which I couldn't really say about old OCC coils. Good job Kanger!
    Note: Maybe this is just my subjective feeling, but while you should still prime VOCC coils quite well, don't over-prime them. 3-4 drops is good enough. Any more than that and I am experiencing e-juice leaking even more than with the regular Kanger OCC coils.

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
    I was about to start a thread about these. Glad I saw this post first. When I need more attys I'm definitely going to give them a try. My only gripe is that if they're technically single coil, why make the ceiling 1.8 ohms? I'd love to try some higher resistance atomizers and be able to use my twist to its fullest. Certainly cheaper than buying new tanks.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2015
    I've tried both VOCC (1.2Ohm) and SOCC (1.5Ohm). The SOCC performs much better at lower wattages. It thereby is very well suitable also for unregulated devices. My favorite coil head in that scenario.

In contrast to the SOCC the VOCC is a chimney coil and can go with higher wattages. But compared to the Aspire BVC (both regular & Nautilus) or the Eleaf GS Pure Cotton heads it falls a bit short performance wise.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    Just started using the SOCC'S at 1.8ohm, gosh so much better then the silica wicks!! Wish I had tried these sooner. I get mine from Mt Baker Vapor and there always out of stock of both the SOCC and VOCC coils. They also make a TOCC for the Kangertech T3S Clearomizer's.
    I'm loving the better flavor for only 1$ more a 5 pack. I was starting to re-wick the silica ones. I figured these be better to start with organic cotton and then re-wick these for extended use. I have not re-wicked one yet but should be same as wicking the silica ones.
    I'll probably start using Sweet Vapes, if i need coils and MBV is out of stock. I see the same price at Sweet Vapes. Also noticed Sweet Vapes carry the Air Flow Adjustable base that can be used with the Mini Pro Tank 2's and I'm sure would be another upgrade but out of stock....I've never used a adjustable air flow tank for a extended time. I've used friends before taking vapes off there devices. I figured the air flow would be an improvement and possibly even run the SOCC coils at little higher watts. I vary from 5 watt up to 7 watts now with the SOCC'S. 6 watts I'd say is a "sweet spot" for most juices. Great coils for someone like me that prefers low watt vaping to conserve juice and now get way better flavor then with silica and crank up the watts a little. Much improved taste and vapor production using the same ohms with the SOCC as I did with the silica ones. Noticed with the newer SOCC coils, even below 6w (where I ran the silica orginal coils) that they produce more vapor then the silica coils.

Note from Sweet Vapes on website
    SOCC's have 100% Organic Cotton wicking material inside, instead of the older fiber wick. Our samples of these coils went over HUGE, the flavor from these rivals the Subtank OCC Coils

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    My main reason for trying out the VOCC is I'm hoping it will wick 100%VG better than the SOCC.

Eric
    Maybe 80VG the 100 VG might still be too thick. I use 50/50 and 65VG though I was able to use 65VG with the Silica coils. I haven't tried higher VG with the SOCC coils yet. I should be getting a sample of Max VG from MBV soon. Last order they forgot to send it. But did give me 4.99 store credit. Let me know how they wick with thicker VG if you could.

Reactions: Eric Auer

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    Instead of starting a new thread, I see many of you here use the Aerotank. I was considering getting the Nautilus Mini but there still pretty expensive tanks. Now with the new coils from Kangertech that has made a big upgrade to my Mini Pro Tank 2's, I'm considering upgrading my PT2's more and getting the Air Flow Adjustable base. I see Sweet Vapes carry them but out of stock. MBV don't carry ones for the Mini. But I've found them for 8$ on a site Phil Busardo recommends. Since I already have the Mini Pro Tank 2's and using the SOCC coils now, which was a mass improvement, I'm thinking I get a couple of Air Flow Adjustable base's and upgrade them to a Aerotank but with the SOCC instead of VOCC coils. Opinions? I feel it be cheaper as I already got 35-40$ in the 4 Mini Pro Tanks, it be a lot cheaper then buying 4 Nautilus Mini's

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread