The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

anyone tried the billow RTA yet?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by realsis, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. realsis

realsis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    Hi all! I got got my billow RTA tank a few days back and I have to say in my opinion it's a pretty nice tank. The tank itself is all glass, it holds quite a bit of liquid. It's a dual coil deck. I've been able to comfortably vape a .4 Sub Ohm at 25 watts without any burning or dry hits. I probably could have gone even higher wattage without any issues. It gives a great vapor and flavor! Defiently worth checking out. I had zero issues with leaking or any of that. It has dual air control and is bottom fill. I was impressed. Just wondering what you all thought about this tank if you have tried it? I'd have to say, it's very much worth adding to your collection! Just wanted your thoughts and to share. :)

2. Ringo®

Ringo® Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2009
    Norcross, Ga
    I've been enjoying mine. The whistling bothers me a little bit, but nothing is perfect I guess.

3. Noserenity

Noserenity Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    That whistling annoyed the bleep out of me. It went away, and so did the leaking once I figured out the correct way to wick it. Or the way that really works for me I should say. 2+ weeks and I haven't heard a peep and haven't seen a drop leak.

4. Noserenity

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    This tank has been my savior. Working 10 hour shifts in a vape friendly environment, I needed something that could put out a decent cloud and flavor and be able to stay wet with very heavy juice, and it had to last me the shift. This thing has been perfect. Currently on a .5 ohm 28g micro-spaced build 2mm. I've tried down to .3 builds at around 60 watts and that was great too, just not my kind of all-day vape.

I also enjoy the fact the chimney is one piece and when tight enough to the top cap I can mess with my build if need be no matter how much juice I have in the tank. It's bailed me out of trouble several times now testing new builds, and it came in handy again this evening. Glad you like it!

5. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  6. Foggyroomz

Foggyroomz Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2014
    Indiana
    I have used it don't own it. My buddy owns a B&M so I get to try out quite a few products when helping out at the shop and it is a good RTA but I like the new Youde Goblin better. If the Goblin weren't available then the Billow is my second choice. I have nothing against the billow at all but the Goblin has more airflow and lets me build lower and run higher while still keeping the heat level down thanks to insane airflow.

7. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I loved the looks and features, but found it muted on flavor. I like my Orchid and Aquas better, so I sold it :(

I was running a 0.4 ohm build as well at 44W.

8. Noserenity

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Co-worker owns a goblin. Honestly with the airflow screws out of the billow I feel I have a bit more airflow. Luckily I have mods that I can have it set raised enough to have it as airy as I want off the mod without it being noticeable. If I wanted a bit more flavor I'd have the afc screws back in there and slightly closed off, then the flavor is quite intense in my experience, but it's fine all this way and I prefer a slight bit more cloud and a little cooler airier draw.

9. Waddle

Waddle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    I have an Orchid V6 (clone) glass tank and as far as I can tell it is identical to the Billow. If the Billow is anything like it then I would highly recommend it. However the Orchid V6 (clone) is only ~$10. So I don't really see any advantage other than the Billow being authentic...which of course matters to some.

10. Noserenity

Oct 18, 2014
    Upstate New York
    It's very close! When the chinese new year is over I'm going to get a v6. The differences is the v6 is 4ml and the billow is 5, also the airflow is a little wider on the deck of the billow. Other than that they seem about the same. It's a steal for the money on FT.

Edit: The juice fill is more safely away from the juice channels on the v6 as well. It's probably much easier to fill.

Edited Edit: On the v6 the top cap has heat fins, and the drip tip also has a delrin insulated base.

Again, what a set of features for such a low price.

11. Apulo

Apulo Full Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I just ordered nano kits for my Billows. I'm curious to see how that will affect the flavor.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.