Anyone try ordering from Fasttech since the shipping ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Anyone try ordering from fasttech since the shipping ban? I mean they always labeled their packages as "Electronic parts" or "screws" and innocuous things like that. So I was wondering if they could still get stuff through or if customs was x-raying and confiscating that stuff.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I'm not US based but I know some that have ordered and no problems. Even if they x-ray it's very difficult to tell the difference between a machine part and a mod imo.

I think that most will get through, with the odd one going awol....they can't check everything :D

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've got three orders pending, but none have made it to the USA yet. Since I ordered these just as the ban went into effect, I don't think that too many FT packages post ban have been tried out yet. The customs form is labeled "metal tube".

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just recently placed 2 orders at FT, both using the USPS Expedited shipping (which is DHL Ecommerce, delivered by USPS). One order should be shipping shortly. The other...well, probably at least another week.

The one that will ship soon has coil heads and the other has mods, RDAs and a bunch of accessories/parts.

Last edited:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Anyone try ordering from Fasttech since the shipping ban? I mean they always labeled their packages as "Electronic parts" or "screws" and innocuous things like that. So I was wondering if they could still get stuff through or if customs was x-raying and confiscating that stuff.

A couple of months from now I intend to place several small orders. Pre-wound coils, maybe an atty and silicone squonk bottles. Don't really need them but seriously doubt Customs has the budget, manpower or mandate to make intercepting discretely shipped vape items a mission priority. Many items aren't easy to visually identify as being specifically vape related, especially when they're so creatively labeled as being something else entirely. In the U.S. Amazon has always had a no vape policy yet you can find/buy many vape specific items that are simply listed as being used/intended for something else. Hiding in plain sight so to speak. Importing Mods could be a problem though, visual inspection would likely identify them as exactly what they are.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    As for ordering from Fasttech, in some cases there have been big delays during shipping. Why IDK. I still have 2 orders floating around in China for the past 7 weeks. FT says to allow at least 2 months for postal investigations and of course I didn't open up tickets right away so I still have a while to wait it out... I have seen a few others sharing like experiences about delays. Hopefully I will get them, I placed both orders in February to make sure I had time before the vape mail ban but that might not work out for me.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    As for ordering from Fasttech, in some cases there have been big delays during shipping. Why IDK. I still have 2 orders floating around in China for the past 7 weeks. FT says to allow at least 2 months for postal investigations and of course I didn't open up tickets right away so I still have a while to wait it out... I have seen a few others sharing like experiences about delays. Hopefully I will get them, I placed both orders in February to make sure I had time before the vape mail ban but that might not work out for me.

That's a long time. I'd open up a ticket directed to Anniepan. She seems to get to the bottom of things.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA
    I just recently placed 2 orders at FT, both using the USPS Expedited shipping (which is DHL Ecommerce, delivered by USPS). One order should be shipping shortly. The other...well, probably at least another week.

The one that will ship soon has coil heads and the other has mods, RDAs and a bunch of accessories/parts.

Just replying to see how it all turns out. I am most interested in your second shipment.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just replying to see how it all turns out. I am most interested in your second shipment.

It'll turn out just fine. This is how Fasttech works anymore. Been this way for a long time, but certainly since covid. Restocking ETAs jump around and the dates mean nothing. A "restocking" product with a 7 day ETA vould be "ready to ship" the next day. In fact, this is exact what happened last night. Yesterday a 5-pack of 510 connectors was "restocking" with an ETA of 7 days. Then last night it changed to "ready to ship".

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I have placed at least 6 orders in the last couple of months. Only the last two have not arrived yet but it has only been a couple of weeks. I have used free and fee shipping. Fee seems to be a bit quicker most of the time.
    Basically anything not in stock is not recommended unless that is the only thing in your order IMO. At least four of my orders had one thing not in stock (sometimes it stated in stock) and I got an email suggesting I drop it and get a GF or change to something in stock. That is what I did.
    I still sometimes get the PP option. These days I just keep trying until I get the PP option. I thought it was browser based but that isn't it. I have used the GF option as well.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    or if customs was x-raying and confiscating that stuff
    That makes the assumption that they know what to look for. Think about it, a box mod wouldn't look much different from nearly any other electronic gizmo passing through an x-ray machine.

With the millions of packages that flow into US ports of entry daily I would not be concerned. There are no where near enough customs agents to inspect every single package flowing through the system.

Also... with any vaping gear they would need to know what to look for. Which means each person inspecting packages would need to be "vape" trained on thousands of vape products. That ain't ever gonna happen.

Customs has always been about making the Big Bust. Don't see that changing, ever.

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread