Anyone use Little Sister Vari Cool with a tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Thinking about getting the Little Sister Vari Cool.

I'm totally into tanks, and can't seem to find out by viewing past threads, if the Little Sister will work with a tank or not. I don't know why it shouldn't, but figure I should ask before ordering.

Also, does anyone have the Little Sister Vari Cool? How's the battery life? Will two pair of batteries get me through a full day? (one set in the device, one additional set in my pocket)

If anyone has the LS Vari Cool, or the older model, and can post a photo with a tank on it, I'd be very appreciative!

Any other thoughts on the Little Sis Vari Cool are also welcome.

tanks! (sorry... dumb pun) :blush:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
The Little Sister will work with a carto tank. No problem.

That said, I don't think a big 5ml tank would be ideal. The Little Sister is wobbly enough just standing up by itself, and a big tank would increase its unsteady footing. (No reason why you couldn't lay it on its side, however.)

I have a 1st generation linear regulator Sister, and I often use homemade 2ml and 3ml tanks with Resurrectors on my LS. I'd post a pic, but I don't want to spend 25 minutes messing with a camera and uploads. Take my word for it, though---smaller tanks are perfect.

The Vari-Cool regulator should be a better match for the tiny form factor of the Little Sister's case size for two reasons: 1. Less heat, which was a problem for some folks with the original linear board, as the top of the case and switch sometimes got hot (I've never experienced that, but I know that lots of people did), and 2. Much improved battery life. 10440s are simply too tiny and wimpy to last long. They work fine to provide sufficient voltage for a really satisfying higher-voltage vape, but they'll need recharging pretty darn fast. With the Vari-Cool and high-drain 350mAh 10440s, battery life will be better. I can't give a number of hours, because that depends on voltage settings and vaping habits, but it will be at least twice as good as with the linear regulator and ordinary Ultrafire 10440s (whose 500mAh stated rating is a ridiculous exaggeration---200mAh is much closer to the truth).

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
62952-pictures-your-setup-littlesistervv.jpg

That's one of my Vari-Cool LS's with a tank on it. It's a small Chibi tank from Parkesvaping. These mods have no issues being used with tanks. :)

How long the batts will last depends on how you vape, but I can get through about 3ml on a set.

Last edited:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
That's one of my Vari-Cool LS's with a tank on it. It's a small Chibi tank from Parkesvaping. These mods have no issues being used with tanks. :)

How long the batts will last depends on how you vape, but I can get through about 3ml on a set.

Wow!

If I could get through 3ml on a pair of batteries, I'd be thrilled!

Does the Little Sister with small tank stand upright, or do you need to lay it down when setting it down on a table?

That thing is small!

Love it!

Thanks for the photo!

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Wow!

If I could get through 3ml on a pair of batteries, I'd be thrilled!

Does the Little Sister with small tank stand upright, or do you need to lay it down when setting it down on a table?

That thing is small!

Love it!

Thanks for the photo!

It's pretty much in my hand or in my pocket (yes, even with the tank on it, but the Chibi tanks are tight on the grommets and I don't worry about lifting the tank off the carto when pulling it out of my jeans/pants pocket, or if I have a shirt pocket, it goes in there), but I do lay it down in it's case or even up on my fireplace mantel sometimes and have had no issues. I don't think I've ever even TRIED to stand it up.

I love that it can be dialed down to 0 volts to carry in a pocket. I had one of the original version LS's and the dial was too easy to move, but I have two of these Vari Cool versions and both of them have solid dials.

I'll say this: go easy on the switch. It doesn't take a ton of pressure to fire it. Respect that tiny little switch. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread