Anyone used ModShine Seal on a copper or brass mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
Modshine Shine & Seal kit

I just bought some of this, but it hasn't arrived yet.

On my brass mod (pegasus B&M 26650) I always just use Cape Cod wipes. It looks brand new after rubbing it off. The Brass always stays shiny for a much longer period of time than my coppers.

On my copper mods, I rub with lemon, wash with Dawn, dry, then use the Cape Cod wipes. The lemon gets the major tarnish off, but the Cape Cod repairs and makes it look good.

But, it doesn't stay that way for more than a day or so.

So I'm hoping this seal will keep it that clean for a while. It states in the description: "Each Modshine "Shine and Seal Kit" comes complete with 2 premoistened wipes and one container of Armory protectant."

I've tried looking up the Armory protectant but couldn't find anything(I didn't look hard). I read on one review the other day that you apply the protectant after polishing and let it sit for 24 hours. The reviewer said it lasts for a few months, depending on use. I'm not using it on one of my authentic copper mods to start with, probably my Manhattan clone to try it out.

If anyone has any experience with this stuff, please let me know how it went

Thanks

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
I used it on my Pegasus & Manhattan. I honestly can't tell the difference. I've been using the Pegasus daily and it's already getting tarnished at about the same rate as it does when I use Cape Cod wipes. Maybe I didn't put enough on. It's a red paste that you apply and then wipe off in less than 1 hour.

I'm going to try again and apply a much thicker coat. I'll post if there's any difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread