Anyone want to be my vaping mentor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Hello,

Anyone willing to take me on as a pupil, please take a look at my previous thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/607705-help-please-getting-discouraged.html

It's a bit of a long sob story, I know. I don't know how best to resolve the issues I am having. Not afraid to spend some $, but don't want to throw any more $ at the problem if I can fix things with the hardware I have.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me sort this out. And, I won't take it personally if no one wants to take on this hopeless case either. :laugh:

I also had another thread full of my woes....in the event you want an idea of my frustrations:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../609477-school-me-coil-resistance-please.html

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I should add to this thread: I am going through some serious cigarette withdrawls over the past week. Been of cigs for 6 weeks. I won't call this "nicotine withdrawl", because it isn't that. I don;t know what other addictive substances are in cigarettes, but they certainly have something in them. I am withdrawing from something, and I think it really has clouded my judgment.

I can't focus at work, I'm extremely irritable....etc,etc. This is all compounding the issues I am having with vape gear. So, bear with me...

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I'd like to see if that fixes some of your issues. I have a nearly useless PT 1 and a PT2 I can't even find anymore. I want to start using it again but it floods every single time I puff on it.

I've had the best luck with an ego battery and a kanger t3s honestly.

Yeah......honestly, the only reason I bought the PT's was to get a glass tank because I enjoyed cinnamon flavored liquid...which is a tank cracker. Now I realize there are glass Evod types. Maybe I should buy one. I have had good lock with the ego threaded stuff.

sharpie24l

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Gainesville, FL, United States
Yeah......honestly, the only reason I bought the PT's was to get a glass tank because I enjoyed cinnamon flavored liquid...which is a tank cracker. Now I realize there are glass Evod types. Maybe I should buy one. I have had good lock with the ego threaded stuff.

I would say give the glass evod a shot first (or after the areobase if you rather wait).
I have the issues without cigarettes as well been vaping a few months but still lapse to a cigarette every now and then especially being out of e juice right now.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
It took me about 2 or so months to start feeling comfortable without smoking. It's mental and physical stuff going on. Once you get yourself over the hump you will look back and say "I did it, I can't stand the smell of smoke" That's a happy day when it comes :) Vape on my friend.

Yes. Still struggling a bit mentally and physically. Already finding that I am kinda queasy at the smell of cigarette smoke though. I did smoke one analog in those six weeks....at the height of my frustration. I felt sick to my stomach afterwards...partly because of the disappointment, but mostly it just turned my stomach.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
This got me thinking so I asked Google "What's added to cigarettes?" and found this Wikipedia page. List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I knew about ammonia but not the rest.

HUGE list. And I am no chemist or doctor, but I can guarantee there a BUNCH of stuff on that list that's addictive. Big Tobacco has been at this a long time and knew what to put in that stuff to keep us coming back. Not gonna blame them too much because I'm and adult who willingly overlooked it all knowing how bad it was. Honestly though, I thought nicotine was the biggee to overcome. I haven't given up nicotine, so what else am I feeling withdrawl from?

Guess I don't care what it is....I'm not going back to it if I can help it. Still sucks.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I think I need to try some more stuff out till something works for me. Cartomizers are cheap right? They aren't too finicky are they? I've done a little research on them and sounds like that might be something to give a go.

Best cartomizers out there for 510 connection? If I really like a cartomizer is it safe to say a cartotank might be better than staying on the clearomizer path?

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Well, tobacco itself has thousands of compounds that are released when burned such as WTA. You can buy juice with WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) which helps some people with cravings.

Interesting. Although, I know to kick the physical addiction at some point I just gotta tough it out. While this is appealing....I think I'll make it without going that route.

vince01

Sep 15, 2014
North West England UK
One thing you need to make the transition from smoking to vaping

and you cant buy it anywhere is patience

you have just given up one of the most addictive habits known to man

but if you persevere vaping will come to you

With the best intentions people will tell you what worked for them

you may need something a little different

read, do a little research and decide what suits you

nobody said it would be easy but you will get there

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
One thing you need to make the transition from smoking to vaping

and you cant buy it anywhere is patience

you have just given up one of the most addictive habits known to man

but if you persevere vaping will come to you

With the best intentions people will tell you what worked for them

you may need something a little different

read, do a little research and decide what suits you

nobody said it would be easy but you will get there

Thanks for the encouragement. I wish I knew what suited me. I'll keep looking for it though. Wish I had about $400 to spend trying stuff out. I've spent about the same amount that I would have spent smoking....so I suppose that's not a bad deal. Guess over the long term I'll eventually save money. (Or I hope anyway).

And what's being able to breathe through your nose worth? Hard to put a price tag on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread