The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anything better than kanthol?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Thediscoranger, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thediscoranger

Thediscoranger Senior Member

Dec 13, 2014
    So what kind of wire is better out there besides kanthol? If there is any thanks!

2. pistolpete

pistolpete Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
    Hell
    I use nichrome 80 for low ohm builds just make sure it's the 80 and not the 60

3. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    "Better" is relative to what you're doing, and what you're looking for.

I use round and ribbon Kanthal almost exclusively in my builds except for the Ni200 I use for my DNA40 builds.

What is it you're trying to accomplish that you're not getting with Kanthal?

4. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    In general term, not really.
    kanthol became popular.
    after many (not all) noticed it added less taste then nichrome, which is still popular in Europe and asia.

There is a wire called rene' 41 we were playing with about a year ago Very stiff and makes some pretty tough coils.that last a while. Good stuff just didnt get a lot of exposure and interest kind of waned as the micro coil fad started to explode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.