anything better than the ego line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJxSLIM

Aug 4, 2012
Arizona
Hello all new to the thread, long story short I purchased "the safe cig" last year and it ended up being a complete fail because I was spending more on carts than analogs tried dripping them and batteries would clog up or fail. Got fed up with the $137.95 set I bought and went back to analogs. I read through this forum and decided to go with the ego Twist with a t2 clearomizer, RY4 juice from altsmoke. Got it in the mail and it was decent at first then the next day I'm in the same boat again. I would get harsh burning foil taste so I would hold the clearomizer upside down for about 30 seconds! Still dry! Ended up sucking on it upside down and finally would wet the coil to get a good vape.(they should notify buyers that it only works with thinner juices.. or mabe I just got a super thick batch) Now the ego is flashing constantly. read online that I guess Ive tightened down the cart too much... Tried to pull the middle prong on the battery up slightly and can get one hit if im lucky before it starts blinking again... This is once again such a pain I'm 10 seconds away from hitting up circle k for my analogs. :glare: 2 DAYS OFF THE ANALOGS and now this. Any hassle free e-cig on the market?! I don't care if i have to disassemble, clean, reassemble after every HIT! as long as it works... I love vaping and it got my wife to quit but I'm a heavy chain smoker and its been a rough road. emailed altsmoke to see if there's a possible refund... its back to analogs if I have to wait for a new one... (Now i know why you guys say get a 2nd battery...) someone plz help with some good advice or recommendation on something better...

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but all is not lost just yet . There are plenty of blogs and posts , here on the forum , you should read . Then go to You tube , and type E-cig , there are hundreds of videos and reviews on all sorts of devices . Might give you a better idea of what might work for you . Good Luck , And there are some sort of hassel free PV's out there . Just do a little homework first .

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
I never had luck with clearomizers, due to bad experiences with them I avoid anything that even resembles a clearo. Thetery bat issue I'm not sure about, never had issues with mine in the past. The best cartos I used were the Kanger horizonal coil cartos, but I am one of those that can taste that filler material, so I switched to attys and direct dripping using my twist and a joye 306 atty. Later once I knew direct dripping was the only way I would vape in the future I went to a bottom feeder mod and gave away all my ego batteries. This is just what worked for me, but with an atty that will last me for months compared to a clearomizer that would last 1 hour to 1 week or a carto that would last a few days to a week or more, it is far cheaper equipment wise.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
The best cartos I used were the Kanger horizonal coil cartos

A friend of mine gave me 5 of those and they were horrible. I've still got a few of them sitting in my drawer of e-cig stuff. I normally use Boge and Smoketech cartos and have never had one clog up as fast as the Kangers. They were useless after less than one day of use. Total junk IMO.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Honestly, to answer your question, NO, not really. The EGO line is slowly dominating the market. Before the EGO Twist you had to pay over $100-200 to get a VV PV or bust out the soldering iron and lead free solder and make your own mod from scratch. NOW you can get a more sensible VV PV for MUCH MUCH much less. 20-26 bucks, to be precise.

The thing that is win about the EGO Twist is that, at 6v like on a Provairi you need a 4.5+ ohm atomizer (which is is pretty uncommon). With an EGO Twist you need only a 3.0ohm which is VERY common. At the end of the day it is for this very reason that so many provari users vape just above 4v. Why pay 8x + for something you'll never use (6v)? Plus, please tell me that pushing dozens of button combos is easier than simply twisting up or down to your sweet spot of voltage. I dare you. The EGO C Twist dominates the market; both in price, ingenious design, and in performace.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I never had luck with clearomizers, due to bad experiences with them I avoid anything that even resembles a clearo. Thetery bat issue I'm not sure about, never had issues with mine in the past. The best cartos I used were the Kanger horizonal coil cartos, but I am one of those that can taste that filler material, so I switched to attys and direct dripping using my twist and a joye 306 atty. Later once I knew direct dripping was the only way I would vape in the future I went to a bottom feeder mod and gave away all my ego batteries. This is just what worked for me, but with an atty that will last me for months compared to a clearomizer that would last 1 hour to 1 week or a carto that would last a few days to a week or more, it is far cheaper equipment wise.

Luv ya, Jix, but I found this post nigh incomprehensible. You're not hitting the bottle again are you?
Cartos are cool for the money, but learning how to rebuild clearomizers is about as cheap as vaping is going to get.
You can't rebuild a cartomizer.

Both of them require cleaning after a few days, so why not use clearos which are far easier to maintain?

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
In order to be completely hassle-free, you'd have to have backups for the backups. This is why I never believed in expensive gear. Despite the higher quality, there are many other issues that may arise that will result in an "emergency". So, whatever device(s) you decide on, be sure you can have at least three of them.

I have had tremendous luck with:
1. The cheap smoktech tanks with single or dual coil cartos
2. Dripping
3. Lava Tube (full size and mini)
4. 5volt boxmods.
5. Boge 2.0 carto. Strictly as a backup but they function well enough and have never given me problems.

I've been trying the Vivi Novas for about a week but the jury is still out on those. I take a while to "settle" into things and to make sure they are reliable and consistent enough. For now, they are in "test" mode.

To sum it up, my ultimate hassle-free vape is the smoktech tank with a 2Ω dual coil carto on the full size lava tube with the Panasonic CGR18650CH at 5.3 V. If I decide to drip, it's an 801 atty on a 5v boxmod. Not at all impressive but it works very well for me.

All the best in your search!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Maybe I'm missing something, but are you sure it's the battery?? Did you try pulling the post down on the clearo? Do you have just the one clearo, or do you have some others you could try? Don't give up on that twist yet. It's possible that you've done something to it, but I'd really be surprised if it's ruined, I'd tend more to think it's the clearo than the twist. Batteries will blink when you put something on there that isn't making connection, but like I said, try pulling the post on the clearo down. Also check your settings. Make sure you're using the proper voltage for whatever ohm clearo you have. There is a handy chart on the first post of this thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ccessories-them-post-your-questions-here.html

for me, I can't stand filler type cartos at all. Plus, I like being able to see how much juice I have. My 3 favorite clearos at present are:

ce3's (phoenix) bottom coil. This is a syringe fill type. If you don't mind the sryinge, easy to fill, easy to clean, and the coil and wick are at the bottom so you don't need to tilt it all the time. I like the cooler vape over a top coil, but I do tend to get a bit less throat hit.

Vivi Nova: Comes with 3 different ohm heads and if you pop a coil, replacement heads are about 3.00 Unscrew the bad one, screw the new on back on. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This is about the easiest thing I've ever seen to clean.

Replaceable ce4 (stardust) This is also a top coil like the vivi nova. Heads unscrew like the vivi nova. It's smaller than the standard vivi and sort of less expensive. Around 8.00 vs around 14.00 but the vivi comes with 3 heads not just one, so really the vivi ends up being cheaper if you like and use all 3 heads.

For me dripping isn't bad.....but it's a bit more fiddly than I want to deal with all the time. I'm all about fill it up, screw it on and vape. I do drip to taste juices and once in awhile when I want a high powdered kick with higher nic juice.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Hello all new to the thread, long story short I purchased "the safe cig" last year and it ended up being a complete fail because I was spending more on carts than analogs tried dripping them and batteries would clog up or fail. Got fed up with the $137.95 set I bought and went back to analogs. I read through this forum and decided to go with the ego Twist with a t2 clearomizer, RY4 juice from altsmoke. Got it in the mail and it was decent at first then the next day I'm in the same boat again. I would get harsh burning foil taste so I would hold the clearomizer upside down for about 30 seconds! Still dry! Ended up sucking on it upside down and finally would wet the coil to get a good vape.(they should notify buyers that it only works with thinner juices.. or mabe I just got a super thick batch) Now the ego is flashing constantly. read online that I guess Ive tightened down the cart too much... Tried to pull the middle prong on the battery up slightly and can get one hit if im lucky before it starts blinking again... This is once again such a pain I'm 10 seconds away from hitting up circle k for my analogs. :glare: 2 DAYS OFF THE ANALOGS and now this. Any hassle free e-cig on the market?! I don't care if i have to disassemble, clean, reassemble after every HIT! as long as it works... I love vaping and it got my wife to quit but I'm a heavy chain smoker and its been a rough road. emailed altsmoke to see if there's a possible refund... its back to analogs if I have to wait for a new one... (Now i know why you guys say get a 2nd battery...) someone plz help with some good advice or recommendation on something better...

Though I like the joyetech twist, another solution could be the vtube from Apollo ecigs. It is thicker, but the batteries are replaceable. You can get a vtube kit which includes the mod, a charger, a battery, case and Atty for $54 after the 30% off coupon. For $10 more you can get a second battery and have 3 tines the battery life of two 1000mah Ego twists. And it's shorter than the twist

TJxSLIM

Aug 4, 2012
Arizona
Welcome , but all is not lost just yet . There are plenty of blogs and posts , here on the forum , you should read . Then go to You tube , and type E-cig , there are hundreds of videos and reviews on all sorts of devices . Might give you a better idea of what might work for you . Good Luck , And there are some sort of hassel free PV's out there . Just do a little homework first .
Believe me I've read and watched almost more than i can bear. there's either your daily pv shaped like a cig or up to a cigar, or a mag flashlight that you can take a toot off of... kinda over kill imo but I really am or was happy with this setup and really liked the twist. I could tune to my tasting. Guess its a stroke of bad luck or the devil is trying to say something. Im not giving up but its just been rough.

TJxSLIM

Aug 4, 2012
Arizona
I would like to just drip but I'm a maintenance supervisor for 3 apartment complex's I'm on the run 12hrs plus no time to even blow my nose... Guess i gotta deal with carts... Lemme know if you find one that works cuz sounds like you have had the same experience as me with them. lol

TJxSLIM

Aug 4, 2012
Arizona
I have to point out that wasn't the "eGo line". You tried an eGo battery with a Clearo.

As for any completely hassle free ecig? Probably not.
A cartomizer may be the most hassle free you'll find but if you were a heavy smoker that could be costly.

I know it wasn't the "ego line" but its the fact that screwing on a cart with tons of great reviews being used on the twist put it out of commission kinda gave me the impression that it wasn't so great after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread