Anything I need to know about the Kayfun v5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Did you get it yet? The K5 is not a M2L tank IMO but it is fantastic for what it was intended to be. I have only run mine with claptons so I cannot comment about a round wire build. They do excel with larger coils you may want to try that out.
i agree as stock but with the AF adaptors, it works really well as a pukka M2L tank!! Just wish they had supplied the plugs as standard instead of an add-on!

Reactions: kbeam418

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Did you get it yet? The K5 is not a M2L tank IMO but it is fantastic for what it was intended to be. I have only run mine with claptons so I cannot comment about a round wire build. They do excel with larger coils you may want to try that out.

I got it on the 25th, so far I like it. Compared to my two v4 (clones) this one is a little bit looser but I can mtl easily. I'm very impressed considering I paid $13. There's only one thing I don't like. The AFC ring is a little loose, it hasn't popped up in my pocket so it's more of ocd thing for me. The o-rings also need to break in a little because the base and top fill are hard to remove. I

Reactions: rhelton

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I got it on the 25th, so far I like it. Compared to my two v4 (clones) this one is a little bit looser but I can mtl easily. I'm very impressed considering I paid $13. There's only one thing I don't like. The AFC ring is a little loose, it hasn't popped up in my pocket so it's more of ocd thing for me. The o-rings also need to break in a little because the base and top fill are hard to remove. I
It is my favorite RTA. I use mine on the most open airflow and it is the perfect draw for me. For MTL I use my Mini V3 or V4.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I just got mine yesterday and haven't washed it and filled it yet. I took it apart last night and reassembled it. It's a simple design that reminds me of the K4 in the atomizer chimney and top cap. The deck is familiar with some improvements like the wire capture slots in the posts and the locking air flow adjustment. They built this one with fewer parts to assemble and disassemble than the K4. I like the design.

The o-rings probably need a drop of juice for lubricant. They are a little tight on disassembly. The air flow adjustment locks and unlocks with a partial turn of the deck section, so barring accidental turning of the deck bottom ring it shouldn't change air flow unless you want it to. We'll see how that works in pocket carry, but I don't expect unwanted air flow setting changes.

I can tell a slight difference in air flow from my other Kayfuns, but it's a small difference. I think I'll like the K5 once I get it set up.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I just got mine yesterday and haven't washed it and filled it yet. I took it apart last night and reassembled it. It's a simple design that reminds me of the K4 in the atomizer chimney and top cap. The deck is familiar with some improvements like the wire capture slots in the posts and the locking air flow adjustment. They built this one with fewer parts to assemble and disassemble than the K4. I like the design.

The o-rings probably need a drop of juice for lubricant. They are a little tight on disassembly. The air flow adjustment locks and unlocks with a partial turn of the deck section, so barring accidental turning of the deck bottom ring it shouldn't change air flow unless you want it to. We'll see how that works in pocket carry, but I don't expect unwanted air flow setting changes.

I can tell a slight difference in air flow from my other Kayfuns, but it's a small difference. I think I'll like the K5 once I get it set up.

You have to lube the o-rings, you'll damage them if you don't. What I like about Svoemesto is the fact that the Kayfun hasn't changed a whole lot through the years. Svoemesto is like Linux; yes each revision gets better but it's not a day and night difference.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You have to lube the o-rings, you'll damage them if you don't. What I like about Svoemesto is the fact that the Kayfun hasn't changed a whole lot through the years. Svoemesto is like Linux; yes each revision gets better but it's not a day and night difference.

I put a drop of juice on all my o-rings when the atomizer is apart. PG/VG does a good job of lubing them up.

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
I suggest getting a bottle of pure Vegetable Glycerin (120ml cost me 5 bucks) specifically for lubing the two o-rings on the deck piece that the juice control glides along.

Aside from that, if you're a MTL guy, I suggest buying an authentic MTL kit, or sticking with a kayfun mini v3 (i have no experience with the mini v3, this is just what I have heard). For me personally, I use a 3mm 6 wrap 26g coil that comes out to 1.0 ohms (haven't done any fancy builds as i have no drill atm). I use a lot of cotton compared to my kayfun 4 as a solution to a slight leak i had, but that turned out to be because I did not have the coil raised high enough, which allowed juice to drip from the cotton/coil into the airflow section.

Basically, raise the coil a bit more than usual to avoid any flooding/leaking, and lube the o-rings. For me personally, I've been using this setup with the 2nd airflow setting for a nice, slightly restrictive lung hit. I would try the 3rd again, however I use heavy VG juices and I want to make sure that there is enough negative pressure to pull the juice up to the wick. That and the fact I'm a flavor junky. This was another reason I decided to use a 3mm coil instead of a 2.5; So if I didn't pull hard enough for whatever reason, there was a decent amount of cotton with juice still in it to feed the coil as I pull again, avoiding a dry hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread