Anyvape Davide Glassomiser - 1st Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
I received this direct from Anyvape for the purposes of review – my opinion will be subjective, and as honestly derived as possible, for me at least
VGFTD6akD_g9k_DYCjRo.gif

I’d had an email from Anyvape, asking for orders for the Davide, explained that I ran Viva vaping Ezine so don’t sell anything but would be happy to review the Davide if they were to send me one – after a few emails with Vicky they arrived today via DHL Davide and mini.

After brekkie, cracked open the transparent plastic box. Inside was a complete Davide with a 2.2 Ohm head installed, a plinth and a spare 1.5 Ohm head. Checked on the eVic and 2.2 Ohm reading – good start.
I’d seen a video that suggested that the Davide was Chrome plated, so gave the top cap a scrape – and whilst resistant, so well plated, it shows brass/copper underneath – so not SS.

The heads look similar to Evod and ProTank ones – the only difference I can note (not having a ProTank to hand) is the post from the Davide is wider than the Evods, so need to swap for a narrower post – aside from that work both ways a treat.

The Glass tank seems quite sturdy - wouldn't want to drop it but... there are plans a foot to make a larger tank and centre post to give a larger capacity.

Not overly keen on the innate Drip Tip – so swapped to the Smok-E Mountain Rameses for the Davide and the Microbore for the mini – and look better in my opinion. The supplied one does feel OK to use and has a double o-ring

Filling wise – just unscrew the bottom, the base is also where the atomiser head screws in, and fill through the 2 slits provided - even from a standard juice bottle (if careful). Screw the base back on and ready to Vape.

Performance wise – I’m liking the Davide
VGFTD6akD_g9k_DYCjRo.gif

I’m getting a nice Shape to my Vape: not too warm, medium soft, not too fierce, and an acceptable texture, considering tis a 70/30 PG/VG mix of DIY M+P’s Praze.

Flavour is similar to the Evod, ProTank, T3s etc – Good.

Vapour Production again – Good

Throathit – me Praze isn’t really mixed for this – but probably medium-ish
Running this at 4v (underload) on the BB, and no dry hits, tho was getting warm just before I topped up.

Same with 8w+ on the eVic, and the mini works equally well on the eVic too
VGFTD6akD_g9k_DYCjRo.gif

Also have had absolutely no gurgleyness – even when the tank was almost empty - which is a big plus in my books.

So far the Davide and the Davide mini are looking good - better than my experience with the ProTank – full review in a few days Wink

Davide on Evod 900mAh

Davide on BB twin 14500 VV box

Davide on eVic 18650 with Siam's SS tubes

Davide mini on eVic

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
I love my Davide. I haven't touched my Protank since it showed up.
The ability to use the Protank base on the Davide is a huge plus in my book.
I took the base and atty straight from my Protank and put it on the Davide Anyvape and have been using it that way since.
I stuck the Davide base on my Protank and put it in the Davide box and put the whole works in my tackle box.
I have been using it for about 10 days with no problems at all.
I changed the atty once and used the Kanger T3S attys.
I use them for all my BCC clearos and the work great.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
I recieved 2 yesterday from DV.

I dropped one glass tank while cleaning it so one is now useless...my fault of course.

The bad thing about both of them is they screw on crooked to my vamo. Seems the threading is off so I have
to use my vamo screw on (whatever you call it) for the davide if I want it to look straight.

It doesn't cause it to leak and works fine but it bothers me that it's crooked. Being top heavy on
my vamo and the davide being crooked doesn't help with weight distribution. Plus if it gets banged slightly it might screw
up my threading on my Vamo throwing the threads out of alignment.

The tip is OK but a tad loose and not tight at all and givees it an airy draw so I switched tips.

Over all I like it and will buy again ,but not happy with it being crooked .

So..where can I buy some spare parts (glass tank) and replace the bottom screw on part being DV doesn't have spare parts yet ?

Thanks

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Hi

Yes I emailed DV and they said no word from anyvape yet ,but hopefully next week he might be hearing from them.

I guess then they have to wait for them to be shipped from overseas so it will be weeks.

Guess I have to wait :(

Not sure where to buy - though Anyvape were talking of the extension tanks and tubes (including coloured ones) being available shortly - so sure DV will stock them when they do ;)

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
I just placed an order with DV and got a Davide Mini along with my usual 3 5 packs of MT3S heads.
I am really loving the way these heads fit is just about every BCC I have came across.
It would suck to have to buy a different head for each brand and would probably be a deal breaker for me since between me and my Girl we have around 20 BCC's in rotation.
I hope by next month when I place my next order they have the glass tanks in.
It would be nice to have a few extras in my tackle box just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread