Status
Not open for further replies.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Hi all,

This is the second time i was vaping, everything was fine, then out of the blue, the atomizer wouldn't go off
when i let my finger off the switch (1000 mah ego bat i was using), and i had to hurry up and unscrew the cone,
then unscrew the atomizer before it burned itself out....and i'd be out 7 bucks...(1.5 ohm 306) atomizer by the way.

Anyway, i thought the battery was the problem, switch or old age , but when i tried same atomizer on another battery,
it did the same thing, would work for one click , then it would stay lite, and i had to do above action again.

II couldn't believe 2 batteries would go bad all of a sudden, so i surmised my atomizer was the culprit.
How does this happen? What is the cause ? I thought i had gotten rid of this miserable little troublemaker
but to my surprise , the evil atomizer crept back into my atomizer draw and killed a 3rd battery of mine!

Yes i should've thrown it into the sea, but i live 2 blocks from the ocean and didn't think i could chuck
it that far...lol.

Anyway, how can i prevent this 60 dollar mistake from happening again ? Is there some voltmeter,
or some atomizer voodoo doll that will tell me the things no good or shorted?...

thanks for any help.....i hate a 7 dollar item destroying 60 bucks worth of bats. :mad:

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
I check mine with a provari, it will tell you if there is a short but since you don't have one I'm guessing you can check it with a multimeter

ahh, thanks for the info.....i'm getting VV buzz next week, it might cut off if it's no good....so here's hoping...or i'll get a multimeter....then what do i look for ??? less volts more what? thanks!

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Never heard something like that could happen. A multimeter would be a start, check the voltage of the battery, check the ohms of the atomizer. But it won't tell you what happened.

Let's wait for an expert to chime in.

sorry for delay in reply's i had 2 of my pc's go down this week.....not a good week for computers in my crib ...lol.
yes, lets hope an expert chimes in.........thanks!

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
digital_multimeter.jpg ohming with.jpg

billy02

Aug 9, 2011
Tucson
I've been making a repairable atty with 510 threads & the coil's been giving me trouble. I was testing the coil with an eGo-T passthough & I wasn't having much luck. I burned up several coils searching for the right gauge & number of turns. Then, as I pressed the button on another test, the coil got red, the light in the button went out & the coil was still red. I had to unscrew the test coil to get it to stop heating. I pressed the button on the eGo & it wouldn't light. I screwed in a regular atty & it worked except that I had to unscrew it to turn it off. I used the eGo like that for a while til it just stopped working. Today, I was still searching for the perfect homemade coil using a regular 510 battery. Hit the button on a shorted coil & zap, the battery was always on. After that I hit this forum & found this thread. Now I'm satisfied that if I short or put too much load on a 510 manual batt or an eGo-T passthrough it'll be a dead soldier!!!

[amp]

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Clearwater FL
www.ampvapes.com
ahh, thanks for the info.....i'm getting VV buzz next week, it might cut off if it's no good....so here's hoping...or i'll get a multimeter....then what do i look for ??? less volts more what? thanks!

You want to set your multimeter to ohms (200) and see what the reading is, a dead short will read 0.0 or 0.1ish but no where near what a normal atty will read (2.5/2.8ish or 1.6/1.8ish for your LR 306). To test the battery set it to Volts DC, an Ego should be 3.4v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread