AP E-Cig Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is a fine, fact-filled, completely accurate report. Best so far. Far from making e-smoking look bad, this leaves the proper impression that e-smoking might save lives by substituting vapor for deadly smoke.

Much about e-smoking is unknown. Acknowledge that. But what we know so far is that no one seems to suffer immediate health consequences from e-smoking, that many have reported to have quit cigarettes using e-cigs, and that all testing done to date has produced positive results.

Thanks for linking to this. It is new. And news!

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration has "detained and refused" several brands of electronic cigarettes because they were considered unapproved new drugs and could not be legally marketed in the country, said press officer Christopher Kelly.
He did not give more details, but said the determination of whether an e-cig is a drug is made on a case-by-case basis after the agency considers its intended use, labeling and advertising.

They're the details we need to know. What exactly is it that is preventing some and allowing others?

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
This is a very well written, researched and thought out article.

It has always made me wonder why the WHO has not come out with a statement for Ruyan's brand specifically. I know they wouldn't come forward and say "Ruyan is safe"... but why not acknowledge that one company has done testing and thus far it... never mind. I just answered my own question. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread