Status
Not open for further replies.

Starquake

Jul 28, 2011
UK
From here
Apple to remove vaping apps from its App Store

"
Amid growing health concerns over e-cigarettes, Apple will remove all 181 vaping-related apps from its mobile App Store this morning, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The move comes after at least 42 people have died from vaping-related lung illness, per the CDC. Most of those people had been using cartridges containing THC, though some exclusively used nicotine cartridges.

What's happening: The company has never allowed the sale of vape cartridges directly from apps. But there were apps that let people control the temperature and lighting of their vape pens, and others provided vaping-related news, social networks and games.

• Apple has been headed in this direction since June, when it stopped accepting new apps that promote vaping.
  • Those who already have a vaping-related app on their iPhone will be able to continue using the app and install it on new devices.
Apple in a statement to Axios: "We take great care to curate the App Store as a trusted place for customers, particularly youth, to download apps. We’re constantly evaluating apps, and consulting the latest evidence, to determine risks to users’ health and well-being."

• "Recently, experts ranging from the CDC to the American Heart Association have attributed a variety of lung injuries and fatalities to e-cigarette and vaping products, going so far as to call the spread of these devices a public health crisis and a youth epidemic."
  • "We agree, and we’ve updated our App Store Review Guidelines to reflect that apps encouraging or facilitating the use of these products are not permitted. As of today, these apps are no longer available to download."
What they're saying: Matthew L. Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, said: "The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids applauds Apple for taking this important step and doing its part to address the youth e-cigarette epidemic."

• "By taking e-cigarette related apps off the App Store, Apple will help reduce youth exposure to e-cigarette marketing and discourage youth use of these products. Apple is setting a welcome example of corporate responsibility in protecting our kids "
"

The Storz & Bickel apps for the Volcano, Crafty and Mighty are still there but the PAX, Firefly and Ghost MV1 apps have gone (that I know of so far).
With more and more vapes utilising apps and Bluetooth control this move impacts the functionality of those vapes so if you're in the Apple camp and in the market for a new vape it's probably a good idea to check that you'll actually be able to use the full functionality and you're not wasting your money on features you can't access because of this ban.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
That is so stupid it ridiculous.
Meanwhile, people are killing other people in far greater numbers texting on their iphones and driving than a couple of fwits vaping stuff they shouldnt, and by a huge margin.
Anti vaping propaganda has seriously jumped the shark.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
That is so stupid it ridiculous.
Meanwhile, people are killing other people in far greater numbers texting on their iphones and driving than a couple of fwits vaping stuff they shouldnt, and by a huge margin.
Anti vaping propaganda has seriously jumped the shark.
Hey @Jebbn , chill out mang. :rolleyes:
you dont even use apps!
You dont even use apple products.
Your mobile phone has sat uncharged for 2weeks now.
You may have over reacted just a little. ;)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Apple just LOVES to lead the way toward restrictive communism. I have no idea if it was always the company culture, but I hate the apple biters. They suck .Half my family supports that brand alone and I am like THEY SUCK. OMG my sis has an "apple watch." I won an android watch at the apartment of death in Sierra Vista and haven't even looked at it.

There is such a thing as too much technology and I was a luddite for the whole cellphone thing FOREVER. I still kin of am, except for Google maps which I both love and hate. Every now and then it asks me to review something or verify details of something. I don't want to but I always do because at night it is really JUST one wrong TURN, and I wind up in Mexico without documentation.

I wish Steve Jobs was still alive at least their products would not suck quite so HARD. It's like nobody SEES anything anymore. They just blindly go to the Apple store and never think "The electronics item is a POS."

Anna

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
From here
Apple to remove vaping apps from its App Store

"
Amid growing health concerns over e-cigarettes, Apple will remove all 181 vaping-related apps from its mobile App Store this morning, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The move comes after at least 42 people have died from vaping-related lung illness, per the CDC. Most of those people had been using cartridges containing THC, though some exclusively used nicotine cartridges.

What's happening: The company has never allowed the sale of vape cartridges directly from apps. But there were apps that let people control the temperature and lighting of their vape pens, and others provided vaping-related news, social networks and games.

• Apple has been headed in this direction since June, when it stopped accepting new apps that promote vaping.
  • Those who already have a vaping-related app on their iPhone will be able to continue using the app and install it on new devices.
Apple in a statement to Axios: "We take great care to curate the App Store as a trusted place for customers, particularly youth, to download apps. We’re constantly evaluating apps, and consulting the latest evidence, to determine risks to users’ health and well-being."

• "Recently, experts ranging from the CDC to the American Heart Association have attributed a variety of lung injuries and fatalities to e-cigarette and vaping products, going so far as to call the spread of these devices a public health crisis and a youth epidemic."
  • "We agree, and we’ve updated our App Store Review Guidelines to reflect that apps encouraging or facilitating the use of these products are not permitted. As of today, these apps are no longer available to download."
What they're saying: Matthew L. Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, said: "The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids applauds Apple for taking this important step and doing its part to address the youth e-cigarette epidemic."

• "By taking e-cigarette related apps off the App Store, Apple will help reduce youth exposure to e-cigarette marketing and discourage youth use of these products. Apple is setting a welcome example of corporate responsibility in protecting our kids "
"

The Storz & Bickel apps for the Volcano, Crafty and Mighty are still there but the PAX, Firefly and Ghost MV1 apps have gone (that I know of so far).
With more and more vapes utilising apps and Bluetooth control this move impacts the functionality of those vapes so if you're in the Apple camp and in the market for a new vape it's probably a good idea to check that you'll actually be able to use the full functionality and you're not wasting your money on features you can't access because of this ban.
I'm sure it'll make everyone so much healthier and safer to get rid of apps that I don't know help you to make sure that your battery functions well enough under Ohm's law for your Mech device or that your ejuice is mixed appropriately and properly using good ingredients that don't have oil in them. So ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread