Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Not sure if that made sense, lol. But I wanted to start a thread featuring mods that do not require batteries that have to be removed to charge it. Mods that can be charged via usb, like your cell phone, iPod, kindle, u get the idea. First one that comes to mind is the Darwin. ( ops I am showing my vaping age ) ;)

I am interested in going battery free for my next mod, no cig alikes please. Meaning I don't want to have to carry any aw imr batteries with me.

Can u guys show me what all is out there? I know there are some mass produced, but I am also interested in any that our modders make too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
All mods require batteries. It seems to me you want ones that do not require removal of the battery to charge it. Most mods of this type use internal batteries, and ultimately are disposable. Two of the most popular of these are:

The Innokin MVP 2 Variable Voltage/Variable wattage box mod, 2600mAh
The Innokin I taste vv3 Variable Voltage/Variable wattage eGo stick, 800mAh

I am getting one that uses an 18650 but charges via USB today called the e-VLT. It looks kind of like a ruggedized version of the MVP. I'll post a review when I get some time with it.

Overall, I think the MVP2 is best bang for buck. I have two and rotate between them. I keep a vv3 in my pen cup at work as a backup. The vv3 is great for out and about, but at 800 mAh it's a little small for your all day vape.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
All mods require batteries. It seems to me you want ones that do not require removal of the battery to charge it. Most mods of this type use internal batteries, and ultimately are disposable. Two of the most popular of these are:

The Innokin MVP 2 Variable Voltage/Variable wattage box mod, 2600mAh
The Innokin I taste vv3 Variable Voltage/Variable wattage eGo stick, 800mAh

I am getting one that uses an 18650 but charges via USB today called the e-VLT. It looks kind of like a ruggedized version of the MVP. I'll post a review when I get some time with it.

Overall, I think the MVP2 is best bang for buck. I have two and rotate between them. I keep a vv3 in my pen cup at work as a backup. The vv3 is great for out and about, but at 800 mAh it's a little small for your all day vape.

Did you get it yet? Interested to hear your first impressions of it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am familiar with the ones your mentioned, but I am wanting to find more of what's out there.
I think that mamu makes a mod like that, but you proli have a better chance of finding a unicorn. If anyone has one they don't want I'll be glad to take it off your hands tho! :D

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread