Aramax power vs smok vape pen 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ristoteles

Aug 16, 2018
Hey first timer here, i got to try a vape from my friend and i loved it and here i i am but the question is that i i am looking for my first vape, i like the aramax power's perfomance but the small size of the smok vape pen 22 so each has it's pros and cons, i heard that smok vape pen 22 had some design flow resulting in leakage. So basically help me decide please.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Both devices have a design flaw.

I notice that the Aramax Power mod doesn't have any ventilation holes. That's a major turnoff to me since lithium ion (Lipo chemistry) batteries can be dangerous (venting hot gas, flaming, or even exploding) should the battery short out. That is a major design flaw, IMHO.

The Smok Vape Pen 22 also has a design flaw, although not as dangerous but potentially messy. If the coil is not inserted tightly in the tank, when you take the top cap off to fill with e-liquid the coil comes off with the cap and e-liquid spills everywhere.

I have to ask, any reason to not get a variable wattage battery device instead? You wouldn't use a stove that has only one temperature setting would you? Why buy a vape that doesn't allow you to adjust your vape? Both of the setups you have asked about are "fixed" power output devices (one set temperature setting) and can not be adjusted to your preferred vape. That would severely limit your enjoyment of vaping.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Neither?

It's just a thought. IDK I don't like Gear with Issues, although I can understand the desire to um, have some stick style equipment or whatever. Neither sounds all that ideal to me, so I'm going to say flip a coin, or grab something that says, "I am calling to you, with no issues, I am calling your name."

Then again, if it has to be one or the other well, flip a coin you know the issues, and so go with the one you like more (if there is one) and be prepared to deal with the issues, I mean, at least you've identified them up front, you are already ahead, frankly.

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Smok vape pen 22 is leaky. The tank also collapses at times. I have one, it is fun but I don't recommend it.
I don't know the other one.

I am taking the '22' shopping. It's not leaking with a new coil but can I go out for an hour without carrying spare juice? :eek:

It's got a Vapesoon coil installed (cheaper) and I'm using free juice from the vape convention. :thumb:

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey first timer here, i got to try a vape from my friend and i loved it and here i i am but the question is that i i am looking for my first vape, i like the aramax power's perfomance but the small size of the smok vape pen 22 so each has it's pros and cons, i heard that smok vape pen 22 had some design flow resulting in leakage. So basically help me decide please.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
Battery safety
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

SlipNSlide

Nov 6, 2018
I notice that the Aramax Power mod doesn't have any ventilation holes. That's a major turnoff to me since lithium ion (Lipo chemistry) batteries can be dangerous (venting hot gas, flaming, or even exploding) should the battery short out. That is a major design flaw, IMHO.

You clearly didn't bother to research any further than watching that one review. It plainly states on their website that it "features hidden ventilation for a more sleek design."

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Neither would be a good choice for a 'first vape'.

Smok has a well earned reputation for very poor quality control and releasing products with known design & function flaws.

Both are non adjustable/fixed power output.
One of the best features to have especially when new to vaping is adjustable power output. This allows you to tailor your vaping experience to your specific wants and allows adjustment to find where each liquid flavor tastes best to you.

Both are internal non replaceable battery devices, when the battery gives up, throw the whole thing in the recycle bin, buy another.
Both are prone to mini USB / charging port damage which can & does make charging impossible.

Both are prone to exterior leaking, (no matter what aramax advertises) with these type of devices interior leaks / flooding the head, can allow liquid to get into places it shouldn't, electronics.

smok vape pen 22, airflow is not adjustable, a very important feature is adjustable airflow, especially when new to vaping.

Both can't use a different delivery device / tank.

Unless your heart is just set on one of the two there are a huge amount of much better choices than a fixed output AIO.

Victorvapes

Nov 8, 2018
I dont mean to bust the mood here, but can I ask why you want a DL unit for your first vape? In my experience, if youre trying to get off the smokes, MTL can be a better and more realistic experience. Or get a hybrid that does both. The baby beast tank can fit the procore aries mtl coil which works really well. But you'd need a vw mod to run it properly. I just find that the real throat hit on mtl is more successful for an ex smoker. Opinions welcome..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread