Arctic Dolphin ALFA 210W TC Box MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the ALFA 210W TC Box mod from Arctic Dolphin. The ALFA 210W TC Box mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arct...A-MOD.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Arctic Dolphin ALFA mod
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x USB Cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The ALFA is very boxed shaped with one top corner being cut which is where the Mitec looking fire button is positioned. One side of the device has a stab wood battery panel with geometric design, the opposite side has a pattern of raised oval shapes and the side has a sticker with a nice textured finish over the entire side. Pressing down on the sticker where the ovals are and i get the feeling the ovals could be shaped pieces of stabbed wood glued into position underneath the sticker but i could be wrong. I received the Black version but the device is also available in Gold, Silver or Rainbow. The front of the device has that cut section with fire button at the top, underneath is the screen, further down the up and down buttons followed by the USB button at the bottom. The base of the device has venting and a little cutout notch to help you get the battery panel off. The spine of the device is featureless, moving to the top and to one side we have a 510 plate with a Gold plated, spring loaded 510. My first concern when looking at the device was the lack of rounded edges but the position of the fire button means you don't wrap your hand around the device when firing. I find the position of the fire button excellent making the device very ergonomically friendly, the build quality is excellent and has no rattles.

Specs:

Dimensions: 91 x 54 x 25mm
Temperature Range: 200–650℉ / 95–345℃
Wattage Range: 5–210W
Resistance Range: 0.06-2.5ohm(BYPASS/VW), 0.06-1.0ohm(TC)
Screen: 0.96-inch OLED
Max Output Current: 45A
Batteries Type: 2 x 18650 battery (not included)
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Black, Gold, Silver, Rainbow

Features:

Dual 18650 batteries with a 210W output
The comfortable top fire button
Selective Soft/Medium/Strong output
Tri-button design for easy operation

Fitting the batteries

The ALFA takes duel 18650 batteries and the battery panel fits on the device impressively securely. I do have issues though, yes we want our batteries to fit snugly and certainly don't want battery rattle but in my opinion they fit too tightly in the ALFA risking torn battery wraps, the other issue is the marked orientation being white on white (try black on white Arctic Dolphin so it can be seen).

Using the Alfa 210W

The Alfa is a very simple device to use with no fancy menu system but more like devices like the Eleaf Pico. To turn on the device is the usual 5 clicks and 5 clicks again to turn off, when on fire and down together allows you to adjust the resistance and fire and up locks and unlocks the device, when the device is locked it will not fire. The screen is nice and bright and due to only the more important information displayed is very easy to read. To the left of the screen we have a battery status bar, next to this at the top we have resistance, below this the voltage, finally taking up the entire right half of the screen we have the wattage (temperature when using temperature control). To go between the different modes is 3 clicks of the fire button, so 3 clicks takes you to SS, another 3 clicks to Ni and so on, the modes are Wattage, SS, Ni, Ti, TCR and Bypass. To bring up more options hold down the up and down buttons together for 2 seconds which brings up a row of icons which allows you to, change unit, set wattage for temp control, go between temp control wires and TCR, enter TCR value, adjust brightness, set vape time, preheat, monitor and reset how many puffs and bring up information about the device. While in the menu system holding down the fire button for 2 seconds takes you back to the main screen, the device is very simple to use which is a big pro.

Performance

I do like the fire button which looks like a Mitec switch and feels really nice when firing. The device fires instantly and hits hard, at all the different wattage's i vaped at it seemed very accurate, as for the top end wattage i have seen no charts but doubt very much you will be getting over 200w. The device stayed silent when vaping at low wattage's and it didn't fail me once. 25mm tanks sit flush so that will go against the device for those that like bigger tanks but other than that and what i mentioned about fitting the batteries i can't fault the device, battery life is very good and the Alfa is firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

If the battery contacts were slightly loosened off and orientation clearly marked i would have no issues with this device apart from only being able to house up to a 25mm tank without overhang. The device performs excellent and hits hard and has all the functions the majority of vapers need.

Excellent build quality
like positioning of fire button
Easy to use interface
Stab wood
High wattage
Temp Control
Fires instantly
Hit's hard
Good battery life (seems very efficient)
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Batteries fit very tight
Orientation poorly marked
Only fit up to 25mm tanks without overhang

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Arctic Dolphin ALFA 210W TC Box MOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Arct...A-MOD.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread