Are all cartomizers the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I hope this wasn't asked somewhere else...

I just bought 10 cartomizers from cigeasy and i just wondered if they are all the same... these ones tastes harsh as hell to me... like a REALLY sharp taste to juices that don't taste anything like that in a 510, 910, 801... i'm using the cartomizer on my protege. soon will be getting the GG Slim in the mail.

Any ideas?

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
Maybe I got a bad batch, but my cartomizers from Cigeasy (RY4) also seem to be much harsher than Nhaler/Vapor4Life ones I have tried. Also, the filler does not seem to extend as far up the carto as the N/V ones. Lastly, when I opened up the Cigeasy ones, the filler was a brownish color compared to the fluffy white of the N/V ones. They do not refill as well either. So I guess NOT ALL CARTOMIZERS ARE THE SAME after all...

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
What kind of Cartomizers are you talking about? For the KR808?

Taste is very subjective, so you kind of have to judge for yourself. However I will tell you that some people can't tell a difference, and some people can tell a difference. As a rule I have found that cartos coming in blister packs tend to seem kind of dry and tasteless. Bad batches can happen to any vendor of course, but I have had better luck with V4L. Plus I just like dealing with the folks at Vapor4Life and I like the assurance of having them replaced with no hassel should I get a bad carto or two.

That said, you may try ordering lower nic cartos - the higher the nic level the more throat hit and harshness. ;) Good luck to you!

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
oh wow Tons of responses. The carts i got were DIY blanks, pre-assembled. i should have specified that better. there is somewhat of a peppery taste to me too, like acid or something on my tongue while taking a drag. the unknown flavored cart they threw in with the order has the same kind of a sharp taste to it as well... someone said "that's called throat hit" to me i was confused cause its like sticking your tongue on a lemon slice with pepper all over it it compared to feeling something in your throat...

maybe i just need to tinker some more... the "learning curve" for cartomizers i've heard is a large one because it's not like you get a good puff first time every time. which to me is more important that lasting longer - I'm hoping GG makes a Slim AFS cause then my cartos will probably collect dust. i mean they basically are now... i cant get some time to sit down and mess with them more to try to make myself like them somehow.

*whip cracks* back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread