Are batteries the culprit or the atomizer or the "cleaning cycle"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpdx

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Pacific NW USA
The first time I inhaled in lungful of toxic crap I learned about something called the "cleaning cycle" that so many talk about on these boards. For those that are unaware the cleaning cycle apparently happens periodically when the battery "decides" the atomizer needs to be cleaned. The battery heats up the atomizer and burns of the crud, giving you a lungful of ick and poluting your atomizer for what seems like forever.

Some have suggesting cleaning the atomizers, each describing a different method (I am not convinced that any cleaning method works well). I accepted what I was told till I got a usb passthrough and some new atomizers from a different company.

Let me back up here.....

My first e-cig was the Njoy Penstyle- I loved it for about 2 days when it stopped working properly and it tasted like burning tires. I learned more over the next few days and ordered two new generic atomizers (not from Njoy) and a usb passthough for the pensytle. I was in heaven!

The thing is that every single time I put my generic atomizers on the usb passthough it works perfectly and doesn't taste like burning tires. When I move to one of the njoy batteries it does. Back and forth, I've tested it. Battery=burning tire taste. USB=yummy nicotine.

What is happening here? The battery must be to blame- it is burning up the atomizer! I think the cleaning cycle is a myth perpetrated by vendors who are selling us crappy batteries. There is no need for a cleaning cycle! I run my aomizers all month long on the USB passthough and it works perfectly the whole time. A month is a fine lifetime for something that costs as much as two packs of smokes, at least for me it is.. and I haven't had one fail yet! They might last even longer! Where can we get batteries that don't have this mythical "cleaning cycle".

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
They are suppose to be comming out with batteries that are devoid the nasty cleaning cycle--but I will belive it when I see it--as for the life of an atomizer, I could not agree more that they last longer with the passthough. I have one atomizer at a time designated for battery use only, so I know that only one at a time is at risk to fail without a doubt...Sun

xpdx

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Pacific NW USA
Thanks Sun. I would be very interested in getting my hands on some of these batteries. Any idea where they will be available if they ever are?

They are suppose to be comming out with batteries that are devoid the nasty cleaning cycle--but I will belive it when I see it--as for the life of an atomizer, I could not agree more that they last longer with the passthough. I have one atomizer at a time designated for battery use only, so I know that only one at a time is at risk to fail without a doubt...Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks Sun. I would be very interested in getting my hands on some of these batteries. Any idea where they will be available if they ever are?

XPDX--It was reported back a couple of months ago, but no word or follow up to date that I am aware of. It is all up to the manufactures in the great land of China. IMO, it think they like the cleaning cylce so the atomizers keep failing on us. Every time that cycle fires, I know my atomzer is going to dye shortly there after and the taste is, a you stated--bad news! Hopefully they come out soon. There may be a model that I am not aware of that does not use one like the Loong Totem or the e-puffer magnum as they use disposable cartridges with the atomizer built into the cartridge, but those batteries only fit their units!!

Edit--Ahh there you go--Jaaxx has it!! Wow another e-cig to put on my list to buy!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Btw, absolutelyecigs.com also states that their 201, 401 and 402 batteries are programmed without cleaning cycles. I have a 402 from them and have been very pleased with its performance....no cleaning cycle, so far!

Good to know--so many models out there and only so much money to spend!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mitch:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread