The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

Are coils with juice economy becoming obsolete?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Benjamin89, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Smoke_too_much

Smoke_too_much Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2016
    I just looked it up and you are correct. The CLR's are rebuildable, the CL's are not.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skold

Skold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2016
    All awesome suggestions but sorry the cubis sucks in my opinion...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Skold

Jan 24, 2016
    I agree with all the comments on here that building is much cheaper, even I've started building! Pre made coils be it that but diy an building does save you a lot more money than smoking them stinkies. If I'm working alot I use my Nautilus though & some store bought liquid, simply cos I don't always have the time.

Triton mini, Nautilus mini, Nautilus x, Ego one... All good tanks that consume less than a low strength nicotine sub ohm setup.

For rtas I'd say Kayfun lite but these are just my opinions, find what works for you. I've experimented alot to get the right setup...

4. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    Yeah, I know, not my favorite either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skold

Jan 24, 2016
    I will be trying the Nautilus x on Saturday, along with a pico. Just looked at the dimensions of the Nx & it is 22mm so it will fit flush :) I think the Nx is severely underrated, I tried my friends & the flavour is definitely on par with other Nautilus tanks. I can't wait to have the Pico/Nautilus x combo, it could quite easily become my main setup :)
    I have been experimenting with different setups for months & it's about time I find a perfect setup then I'm not folking out money all the time!

6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Rebuilding a vaporizer is not as convenient as cigarettes, but it doesn't kill you. So there's that.
    Experience comes into play, but I bet I can rewick an RDA as fast as most could swap out a factory coil.

7. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    If you would've read my previous comments you would've seen i MIGHT consider building later down the road but since i basically just started i'm not gonna go the most complicated route,also i'm in the province of quebec which if you didn't know has the most harsh laws on vaping in america currently (or at least in canada for sure) i didn't say building was bad but just like vaping in general it's not for everyone we all have our own taste/expectation,just because something works for you dosen't mean everyone likes the same things,in other words if i was to follow what you said i'd be better off going back to analog i thought the community was a bit better than this instead of helping people seems some like judging others for how they do it...... Personally i don't care what you think i just don't want to keep tools on me at all time for rebuilding that .... my BIGGEST reason i started vaping was to stop smoking if you did it with building good for you but like i said what worked for a person won't necessarely work for everyone. Though tbh if people are gonna be like that i'll just stop vaping all together so i don't argue with closed minded people..... Not here to mess with people just want to share my experience with others how is that so bad that i simply better like buying my coils and using those that works for me and i get plenty of flavor.

8. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    The Cubis does indeed suck big time...

..until you realize that the choice of coil is everything. With the MTL 0.6 or 1.0ohm it's a great tank.
    With the Clapton (1.5ohm) it is tasteless.
    With the DTL coils it becomes an epic milkshake vape of gurgling and vaping doom.

It took me a year to figure this out, by the way. That tank was threatened with total eviction from my vape box more times than I care to remember. I almost needed therapy. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Relax. Plenty of ppl here don't build, and you have your friend to help you, when you're ready. I think a lot of people are building because they want to be prepared for restrictive laws (which it sounds like you have) and unfortunate events.... So that is mentioned. I think rebuilding might be cool in my future, but I'm just coming off analogues too, and that's frustrating to even think about plus I have a fine motor tremor, not sure how I'd do rebuilding, my husband would probably do it FOR me but he's on day one of quitting without wanting to vape. I don't think today is the day to ask :) For me, I'd love to be mixing, but I know I'm not at that point yet. I have the nautilus 2 and I use 1.8 coils and store-bought juice, I'm super happy with the experience. Good luck, I know the switch can be hard-- I don't think anyone here is trying to pressure you into anything, sometimes the flood of information can be overwhelming though....

Best of luck! Keep vaping, even if you smoke here and there! Believe me, I did for awhile, but I *always* returned to vaping, and my cravings are subsiding. It'll work :)

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.