Are E-cig banned in the USA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I have not heard of any ban, just cutoms holding up suppliers large shipments. Small individual orders are not having any problems getting through.
Oh ok then stillsmok9, i thought the US congress had banned the e-cigarette only recently ..and sellers in the USA like **Janty** no longer sell to other countries around the world because that's what i was told.

I have no idea whats going on obviously, thought congress banned them~Rick

A couple of things have happened in the US, but there has not been a ban so far.
From March to present, about 17 shipments of ecigs have been stopped from China at the US border by Food and Drug Administration. I don't know about their size or origin. Also, there is some confusion about whether ecigs are "drug delivery systems" or "smoking cessation products", which would determine their legal status.
The President signed a new tobacco legislation bill which we're pretty sure does not affect electronic cigarettes. Although it does several things (not much of which are good) to analog cigarettes.
Only Suffolk County, New York (Long Island) is considering legislation relating to ecigs and that has to do with making it illegal to sell them to people under 19 years old (to match their unusual law of selling analogs to 19 and ups also).

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I assure you Rick never! ment to be neither mischievous nor malicious by opening this thread, just a completely innocent question. My sincere apologies if in the process of asking this genuinely innocent ??? that it has upset some.

Elendil you absolutely!! & totally Mis judge me my friend;)

Ps: If you want the title changed then you can go ask one of the modderators if it really is urking ya that! much. i just changed the title from inside this thread ..the mods have to do the rest.~Rick

Last edited:

atwhatcost

Jun 30, 2009
Actually, your subject isn't as misleading as some might think. Our current administration has decided that cigarettes do fall under the FDA (Food and Drug Adminstration), and doing so the FDA can decide that the ecigarette shouldn't continued to be sold. They've done all this stuff to try to avoid kids from wanting to start smoking, and some claim the ecigarette is one of many pathways that lead to addiction.

They're also considering if they want to eliminate flavored cigarettes, which may, or may not, include menthol. What attracted me to your post was just that. The adminstration has "helped" us to want to quit smoking, because they've upped the cost enough that we can't afford to keep doing so. They (it's not just the President - it's Congress too) have simply ignored the fact that 80% of smokers make less than $20,000 a year and say this is "taxing the rich." (Can they give us the money needed to make us "the rich" now? lol)

We're interested in the ecigarette, but I sure hate to pay for initial cost, if it is taken off the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread