Are "ibtanked" tanks the best quality out there in the $30-40 price point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I think the Phiniacs have thicker walls than the IBTanks which accounts for some of the price.Ive heard glowing reviews on IBTanked for awhile now so to answer your question Id say thats a safe bet.

Yes, the Phiniacs do have thicker walls which makes them more durable, and they have the etched designs which I really like. :D

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Idk about the thickness of the glass but IBT has slimmer caps as well. But IBT is easily one of the best tanks out there for the price. Theres also Valley View Vapes pyrex glass tanks which are probably the cheapest I've seen. They have aluminum caps rather than stainless steel for most of their tanks. I think they might also offer a SS option. Great competitive/kind prices.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Idk about the thickness of the glass but IBT has slimmer caps as well. But IBT is easily one of the best tanks out there for the price. Theres also Valley View Vapes pyrex glass tanks which are probably the cheapest I've seen. They have aluminum caps rather than stainless steel for most of their tanks. I think they might also offer a SS option. Great competitive/kind prices.

Thanks for the heads up on the aluminum caps, Ill have to stay away from those.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
you wouldn't like aluminum caps? idk i don't see any problem with it. its what a lot of the DCT tanks use, and a lot of atomizers and cartos are made out of aluminum. I don't think theres much of a health hazard using aluminum. We use it to hold our canned food and Idk about you guys but when I was younger I smoked out of aluminum pipes a lot. lol.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
i feel that. If I'm not mistaken I think they do anodize them. They have black ones and silver. Yup, they are anodized.

is that supposed to make them non-reactive/less susceptible to taste? Not familar with anodizing except as a finish

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
yeah, i would love to have a phiniac but $60 for a simple tank?:unsure:

I agree, and there are much more affordable options for plain (naked) tanks. However, if you wanted a designer tank that would last a very long time, then Phiniac would be my suggestion. They have great designs.

what is an OCD tank?

OCD is the guy who runs IBTanked along with his wife and daughter and posts here on the forums

Yep. It's a small family owned and operated company. Good people.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
as far as I know, the anodized layer does halt the leeching of aluminum into liquids. It will still leach, but not as much or as quickly and it will completely resist corrosion and rusting. I do know that Iron, Chromium, and Nickle all leach into acidic foods through the chromium layer of stainless steel, so I'm certain that aluminum would leech through the oxidized layer of anodized aluminum. But nothing to worry about health wise. Aluminum does have a twangy taste for sure. It is said that each individual in the US and developed countries consume about 3 to 10 milligrams of aluminum each and every day through canned foods, utensils, and food and beverage manufacturing facilities and preparations. I know because I just looked it up :D

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Anodizing is only an oxidation process, and will not impede leeching. I'm sensitive to metals too. I have to use gold plated mouth pieces on my French horn.

is that supposed to make them non-reactive/less susceptible to taste? Not familar with anodizing except as a finish

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This is for pyrex tanks only with stainless steel endcaps. I tried building a basic clear tank at phiniac but it nearly came out to $55-60, no thanks on that price.

Yes,they are wonderful and elegant and the stainless end caps are wonderfully made. Here are some of mine.

IBT-saber-002.jpg _MG_0076.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread