Are Innokin Z-Coils really that bad? Zenith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickles

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Hey,

Wanted to upgrade my MTL vape from 2017. Im a flavour chaser who's sick of building coils and was thinking of getting a Zenith Pro.

Ive read that Innokin has been having quality issues with the Z-coils. How bad is it? Is there any point to getting the Zenith Pro if i wont be able to find working coils???? I wanted to use the .48 plex3d and 1ohm kanthals.

Any better alternatives? Or is the quality issues not that wide spread?

Thanks guys

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
@Izan thanks for tagging me buddy.

@Tickles I do not agree, I have had the Zlide and also own the Zenith Pro, they both have the same coils, and I can tell that I've been using the Z-coils on my zlide for over 6 months. They are good coils with a proper MTL draw and flavor, never has issues with them. They last also pretty long (3-4 weeks I can get out of the 1.6ohm coils).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Or the first zenith which was/is perfectly designed IMHO.

I have never had problems with the 0.8 or the 1.6 coils ultra reliable and very long lasting. My experience with the mesh was they had flavor... For like 5 days. Then they vaped nice but tasteless clouds. Definitely the coils I took them out and put in my 1.6 coifs (my favorite) and had flavor again.

So I can't speak to the newer coils much but to me the 1.6 is the best anyway.

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
My daughter uses Innnokin Zenith coils. She is having a hard time finding them, do you have any ideas?

Or the first zenith which was/is perfectly designed IMHO.

I have never had problems with the 0.8 or the 1.6 coils ultra reliable and very long lasting. My experience with the mesh was they had flavor... For like 5 days. Then they vaped nice but tasteless clouds. Definitely the coils I took them out and put in my 1.6 coifs (my favorite) and had flavor again.

So I can't speak to the newer coils much but to me the 1.6 is the best anyway.

Anna

Reactions: stols001

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I may have helped start that rumor. It's just the new 1.2 coils, but as said above, the other coils are quite reliable overall. So as long as you want 1.6 or .8 namely, you'll be in good shape.
Actually have the 1.2 in my zlide and zenith pro for about a week now, both vape really well in my opinion.
Still the 1.6ohm is the best for me. Agree with @stols001 that the mesh have good flavor, but indeed just for a couple of days to max a week.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Hey,

Wanted to upgrade my MTL vape from 2017. Im a flavour chaser who's sick of building coils and was thinking of getting a Zenith Pro.

Ive read that Innokin has been having quality issues with the Z-coils. How bad is it? Is there any point to getting the Zenith Pro if i wont be able to find working coils???? I wanted to use the .48 plex3d and 1ohm kanthals.

Any better alternatives? Or is the quality issues not that wide spread?

Thanks guys
A bit of a read, but it’ll answer any questions. I have about 200 boxes of coils stashed (1.6 and .8)
Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's important to note that how long a factory coil lasts depends on many factors, including nic level of jucie, darkness of juice and sweetness of juice. Factory coils seem to last longest when juices are lighter and less sweet. That's my experience. Nic level may not be as big a factor, but some say that it is.

Tickles

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks for the replies guys. I wont be scared of the original 1.6 and .8 coils.

Now I just have to determine which model to get, Zenith, Zlide or Zenith Pro. I just figured the Pro would be the most care free with least chance to leak, flood, spit back, etc. And have the edge in flavour.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    have the zlide. favourtie hit was the 1.6. but i don't know, i mean it's mtl and stockcoil so flavour isn't the selling point.

i have had a few bad apples, either they were bad proper or it's the break-in issue: sometimes it just takes a lot of prime-puffing. withlow wattage and stronger draws to get it wicking right.. burnt quite a few fresh ones or ones that'd been sitting too long and needed drying either by soft puff or taking out and shaking or whatver.

having said that. the 1.6 six with 3 holes on zlide is perfect, took a while to match on my hellvape md rta... which doth give more flavour with the multiple wire coils

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I decided not to get the pro, I'm done feeding the Zenith train. For me it has may disadvantages including unprotected glass and stuff, and my observation of the Zenith Pro was like, "This is over designed."

I might consider a zilde but IDK I think they're smaller in capacity, etc.

@CMD-Ky I got my coils slowly over time from like Direct Vapor, by subscription. When the day came where it was like "all vaping will fall" and places were having huge sales or going out of business I may have bought a bunch from eight vape I don't remember but some place similar.

Zenith coils are just not cheap, I wouldn't know where to send you. But I'm not buying ANYTHING JUST because it has "Zenith" in the title. The first tank is perfect, and I say don't try to improve upon perfection for marketing purposes. Etc.

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    She has been using them for quite a while, I make my own coils and had no idea what reputable sites were. I'll mention Direct Vapor to her.
    Thanks

I decided not to get the pro, I'm done feeding the Zenith train. For me it has may disadvantages including unprotected glass and stuff, and my observation of the Zenith Pro was like, "This is over designed."

@CMD-Ky I got my coils slowly over time from like Direct Vapor, by subscription. When the day came where it was like "all vaping will fall" and places were having huge sales or going out of business I may have bought a bunch from eight vape I don't remember but some place similar.

Zenith coils are just not cheap, I wouldn't know where to send you. But I'm not buying ANYTHING JUST because it has "Zenith" in the title. The first tank is perfect, and I say don't try to improve upon perfection for marketing purposes. Etc.

Anna

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019

Anna

hey! twas you sent me to zlide as i recall. and it was alright too, still glad i have it and a nice stock of coils for whenever i feel like it. even got zbiip to use the same coils when i thought i was travellin where vaping wasn't very legal.. though the AF/power options turned not to be so great on biip..

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Was it? I don't think so unless maybe you were considering it vs. completely other options. I haven't heard bad things about the zilde at all and some folks like it better.

I thought the very idea of the Pro kind of sucked.

They also promised to fix the Ares and until they do, they are dead to me. LOL. I kid but they really should GET on that, and product test it on EVERYONE who bought the original OMG that tank sucked so hard.

Anna

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Was it? I don't think so unless maybe you were considering it vs. completely other options. I haven't heard bad things about the zilde at all and some folks like it better.

I thought the very idea of the Pro kind of sucked.

They also promised to fix the Ares and until they do, they are dead to me. LOL. I kid but they really should GET on that, and product test it on EVERYONE who bought the original OMG that tank sucked so hard.

Anna
    Agree the Ares no good at least in our household bought a Brunhilde MTL RTA and it sat as i enjoyed my Clr setups and the original Zenith and 1.6 coilheads and a 1.0 rebuildable coilhead for Zenith.
    One day set up the Brunhilde with its cable rods and cotton its something that works as advertised and surprised its not mentioned more.

Anyways the original Zenith works great and glad to make our own coilhead for it not depending on proprietary coilheads although have bought a lot of them early on stashed away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread