The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Are my AW IMR Batteries Fake?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Namelesss, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    but it IS for toppest selling mods and stuff. :D

2. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oh, fer shur.

3. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I'm self-employed & a production facility so I am searching for multiples of certain things from time to time. They also do tools which they're even worse at than anything in the PV community. Other than for a laugh, perhaps, I just consider them worthless & a scam. Piece of mind has a price sometimes.

4. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    I've "tried" to buy things from Alibaba. Not vape stuff but other things. On my 3 attempts (yes it took me this many times before I found my head), two orders never made it to me and the third order wasn't as described. Decided after that, not to order from them anymore.

5. EvilZoe

I'm almost positive the US military buys from alibaba....lol

6. Namelesss

Namelesss Full Member

The picture in the ad at the vendor's website I bought them from looks like Thrasher's - extra text/logos and all.
    AW IMR 18650 2000mAh Battery | Ecig Life

Also, not using the word "genuine" shouldn't matter, AW is a brand - if they are fake, they are not AW, simple as that IMO.

Yes, I've seen genuine retailers use that pic as well - the text is a solid, truetype font. Mine is dot-matrix style.

As above.

Compare the pic in my OP and this:
    AW IMR 18650 2000mAh Battery | Ecig Life

Now tell me he was the one who got duped...

As above - eve the ones with no logo don't have dot matrix-type writing. I am 95% certain they're fake, therefore I have shown the vendor I bought them from.

7. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    He still might have got duped but nevertheless, what you got isn't what's on their website so you did not get what you paid for.

8. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
  9. EvilZoe

alibaba, eh? Isn't that where the OTHER fakes were?

alibaba just makes me instantly discount credibility. Yes, I'm prejudiced against it.

10. Jimi D.

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    That's the battery the OP received. Definitely fake.

11. EvilZoe

Thought so.

HATE alibaba.

12. Jimi D.

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    20131123_212009.jpg

Here are my AW's. The one on the top is from RTD. I emailed them, and they told me they get them straight from Andrew Wan

The bottom is from Provape. Which one is fake ???

13. Jimi D.

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
  14. Namelesss

Namelesss Full Member

Exactly!

Yes, they look exactly like the print on mine! Thanks for the link, I'll be using it whe I email the vendor.

As for the argument of whether he knew or not - if his website has the genuine ones pictured and he sends me something that looks totally different - I say he knew.

15. dam718

dam718 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2012
    Hawaii
    Oh, don't get me started on the spending rituals of the US Military... We buy something at full price, and when it breaks we send it in to get refurbished, and turn around and buy another at a "reduced" price, only to find out the only thing they did was maybe replace a CPU for $150, yest rather than pay the price to repair it, we pay several thousand... ...? We buy $200 hard drives all day long because they have been "Certified" as safe for classified information... That certification costs $1500 a unit... Yes... Makes me sick. Seriously, whenever I have to review a parts order for a boat, I think 15 more hairs turn white right then and there...

We do use US vendors exclusively though, unless we are unable to for whatever reason... It's hard for a submarine in Japan to source something from the US, so in cases like that we'll use a foreign vendor. It's not them that are raping us though, it's the insane defense contractors and their "certified" parts. Like slapping a milspec on something really inflates the price by 1000% or more...

16. EvilZoe

The joke was about exactly what you're saying how they buy crap repeatedly and end up paying more. I knew they weren't going to outsource, though. ;)

17. Namelesss

Namelesss Full Member

Provape probably have older stock. Neither of them look like the ones in my OP though...

18. Jimi D.

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    I'm starting to believe AW batteries are all just Chinese cells. I think Andrew Wan stopped rating them, because of the cloning fiasco.

19. Namelesss

Namelesss Full Member

OK, in light of that comment, do you think I should keep using them and learn my lesson for next time?

20. dam718

dam718 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2012
    Hawaii
    They both look genuine... The 18490's I just got from ProVape look like the one on top you got from RTD. Pretty sure ProVape only sells the genuine article

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.