Are my batteries dying or is my charger garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
Recently it seems all 3 of my Ego batteries arent reaching full power. 2 of them are over a month old and one is well over 2 months old. They all worked great until a couple of days ago they seemed to all work very sluggishly...even at full charge. You have to drag on them forever, throat hit is diminished and weak, vapor production is weak as well.

If you let it sit for an hour or so you will get maybe 2 or 3 good hits and then they start to tank...its really weird.

My batteries are getting up there in age...I think...but its weird to me that all 3 start to act funny ALL at the same time. My charger says that they are charging and the light turns green when they are done so I dont think its the issue...but it could be if all 3 are acting funny.

Hope that all made sense...any help is appreciated!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
You need to have a multimeter. Any advice without knowing how the voltage is holding up is strictly guesswork.

What kind of atty/carto are you using? I assume you've checked this with know good attys or cartos?. You need a way to check the resistance if you don't have a known good one.. Ego batts should last longer than a couple months, especially if you've been rotating them. Since this happened all at the same time, I would guess that the charger may not be fully charging them, or has damaged your regulation circuitry. But again, no meter = guess.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
my husband knows how to meter an atty, but how do you meter a battery? thanks

You set the meter to the 20V DC scale and put the positive probe on the little button thing in the center of the battery connector (don't touch the threads) and the negative probe on the threaded part of the connector, or the rim of it. Then push the button.

BTW, it just hit me what cags was! Nice looking cags. I had a gray but lost him in a custody battle. :(

Tha Funk Doctor Spock

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Grimeycuse, NY
I been having the same problem with 2 new 510 XL batteries, I found out (or at least think its my chargers) 1. Theyre like 2 weeks old and are never over charged, yet don't last as long as an XL esp a new XL should, the other day when the charger showed it was ready ,light went green, I unscrewed the battery and rescrewed it in and it went back to red for a while. So In my case I think the chargers are beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread