Are pod systems less of a risk to health than other mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
A recent study indicates there may be some health risks associated with vaping.

lay person summary of study: E-Cigarette Use Exposes Teens to Toxic Chemicals

scientific article: Adolescent Exposure to Toxic Volatile Organic Chemicals From E-Cigarettes

This study has me wondering about how it applies to different systems. Unlike sub ohm mods designed for cloud chasing, pod mods usually have a more restricted vapor production. So wouldn't there also be a significant difference in the exposure to harmful chemicals? And the pods are typically disposed after use (though some folks do refill them) so is there less build up of toxic products if you are replacing the pods? What heating elements are safest?

I'm new to vaping and have lots of questions. Thank you in advance for your help addressing my questions!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
A recent study indicates there may be some health risks associated with vaping.

lay person summary of study: E-Cigarette Use Exposes Teens to Toxic Chemicals

scientific article: Adolescent Exposure to Toxic Volatile Organic Chemicals From E-Cigarettes

This study has me wondering about how it applies to different systems. Unlike sub ohm mods designed for cloud chasing, pod mods usually have a more restricted vapor production. So wouldn't there also be a significant difference in the exposure to harmful chemicals? And the pods are typically disposed after use (though some folks do refill them) so is there less build up of toxic products if you are replacing the pods? What heating elements are safest?

I'm new to vaping and have lots of questions. Thank you in advance for your help addressing my questions!
Hi and welcome,

IMO, no.

New Study with Negative Results

Cheers
I

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
There's zero difference, unless you're debating freebase nicotine liquid versus nicotine salts/benzoic acid. Regardless you're inhaling a cocktail of chemical vapor. I've never understood the hangup on health. If you were really concerned you'd give up your vices.

Pretty simple to understand how people can be concerned about health and not be able to give up their vices. Nicotine is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread