Are pod systems losing steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBob Smith

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 18, 2018
I was thinking about this over the last couple weeks and I'm noticing a huge uptick in the amount of pod systems. More than I can even track at this point. I'm also noticing a lot of people don't really like them and are heading back to open systems. I've also been reading a lot of articles showing the decline of closed pod vaping in recent months, though I don't really know how much of that I believe since the news never really shines vaping in a good light, but I digress.

I guess my question is; do you think closed pod systems are just a fad that is going to die out within the next few years? Or are they here to stay?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I believe that there will always be a market for closed pod systems. Especially for smokers trying to start vaping, and those who need the convenience of a pre-filled pod. But I do also believe that the closed pod system market will get smaller over time, but not disappear.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I was thinking about this over the last couple weeks and I'm noticing a huge uptick in the amount of pod systems. More than I can even track at this point. I'm also noticing a lot of people don't really like them and are heading back to open systems. I've also been reading a lot of articles showing the decline of closed pod vaping in recent months, though I don't really know how much of that I believe since the news never really shines vaping in a good light, but I digress.

I guess my question is; do you think closed pod systems are just a fad that is going to die out within the next few years? Or are they here to stay?

They are the future of vaping.

BT is not likely to release an OPEN system after 2022...Nicotine liquid will be restricted so that consumers can not increase the nicotine levels in the new "reduced nicotine" combustion cigarettes.
Think TPD2 in the USA. (THANKS "WHO"/FDA)

Cheers
I

JimBob Smith

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 18, 2018

BT is not likely to release an OPEN system after 2022...Nicotine liquid will be restricted so that consumers can not increase the nicotine levels in the new "reduced nicotine" combustion cigarettes.

Cheers
I
I hope that doesn't happen, strangling the industry like that is going to eventually kill it. Also, dumb question, what does BT stand for?

Reactions: stols001

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I think pods are still a big hit with people just getting off the cigs. Seasoned vapors are the folks that might not be loving them. Speaking for myself, I have the Vapeccino. I really like the stealth vape. When the pods are new it works great. After about a week it starts to disappoint. By 2 weeks it's worthless. So I'm installing another $4 pod. I'm considering going with something like the Eleaf iCare that uses coils instead of pods, for my stealth vape needs.

• Useful

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Here to stay.
I often see vets complain about the lack of newbie stuff available, mainly because they can't find eGo batts and CE4s to torture people with. They ignore all the modern newbie stuff such as pod systems that work better than those ancient artifacts they long for.
Frankly pulling out my eGo-C kits I'm amazed I was able to quit with that crap.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Here to stay.
I often see vets complain about the lack of newbie stuff available, mainly because they can't find eGo batts and CE4s to torture people with. They ignore all the modern newbie stuff such as pod systems that work better than those ancient artifacts they long for.
Frankly pulling out my eGo-C kits I'm amazed I was able to quit with that crap.
God, I've still got a stash of my new EVOD batteries and cartomizers. Need to go through all of that stuff. I'm sure the batteries are probably useless due to age at this point.

These days, I avoid anything that has an internal battery unless I know I'm going to use it when I buy it. Personally I will never buy a backup of an internal battery device again.

Brings back a lot of memories. I have a bunch of VAMMOs, iTaste SVD, SVD 2.0, Joyetech eVic, etc. I thought I was high tech when those replaced my EVODs. :)

That kind of stuff I will keep anyways, I'll pull it out and use it one of these days just for kicks. Watch the reactions of other vapers who have never even seen one. :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think these things go in cycles honestly seems like just yesterday there was a pod or AIO system being released every five minutes (or some sort of update). I think there will always be a place for them in the vaping stable I just for sure hope it is not the ONLY stall in the stable. I do think it would be near impossible for more advanced vaping technology to continue even if it were in some sort of grey market format.

But it is for sure possible that everyone's saving their niftiest designs for after the FDA turns vaping into a medical product AND/OR it's just time to roll around to whatever type of vape.

Now I'm glad I never got into pods IF ONLY due to the fact that I may have to discover their glory in full head-on assault post FDA and I'm ALSO glad I keep my spent coil heads. I'm quite certain some of them can be rebuilt and ALSO glad for the joy of RTAs and RDAs. LOL.

Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Cheers
I
I sure hope this doesn't happen, I really don't like any pod systems or the juice they come with.

• Agree

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Oh Most Definitely here to stay. But the number of New Entries has Peaked and is now in Increasing at a Decreasing Rate phase.

Saw this with when Kanthal hit the scenes.
Or Sub-Ohm
Or Dual Battery Mods
Or SS Coils
Or Mega Watt Mods
Or 3D Printed Mech Box Mods
Or Colour Screens
Or Inexpensive Squonkers
Or 21700/20700 Mods
Or .... etc.

Something New Hits. It gets Splash on e-Cigarette Forums. OEM's rush in to Fill a Supply Vacuum. Market get Saturated. Some New Comes out.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I saw a segment on local TV a couple of weeks ago about the Juul nightmare sweeping America. It did actually include comments from some type of expert about how they can help people get off cigarettes. But the segment was based around an interview with a guy in his late teens who had become "addicted" to them. He started doing it to get off cigs, ended up still smoking just as much but being hooked on Juul on top of that. He said it only takes ten days to become addicted to vaping. Lost for words.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
But it is for sure possible that everyone's saving their niftiest designs for after the FDA turns vaping into a medical product AND/OR it's just time to roll around to whatever type of vape. Anna

Nifty designs may also show up in a different from e-cig recreational realm.

Recreation aside, I've long thought that e-cig type systems offer an interesting 'possibility' for medication delivery...assuming dosage could be somehow controlled.

A day without a 'like' from Stols is like a day without sunshine

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I saw a segment on local TV a couple of weeks ago about the Juul nightmare sweeping America. It did actually include comments from some type of expert about how they can help people get off cigarettes. But the segment was based around an interview with a guy in his late teens who had become "addicted" to them. He started doing it to get off cigs, ended up still smoking just as much but being hooked on Juul on top of that. He said it only takes ten days to become addicted to vaping. Lost for words.
    This was posted and deleted, this AM here:

"Hey, I know the policy is to be 18+ but I seriously need help, I'm 15, I vape everyday. I usually use salted nicotine juices in my suorin air pod system. I'm very addicted to vaping, I can't get a buzz anymore. In order to get a buzz I have to vape too much and it makes me sick just to get my "fix". I need help from you guys to tell me what to do. I have a smok alien 85w baby mod which I can't get buzzed off of (6mg at 40-80watts) I need help, please don't ban me, what do I do to cut down. Banning me will just make my situation worse (but if you have to, I'll just prob overdose really hard one day and have a be a huge problem)"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um as someone who learned to type on a typewriter (self taught age 7) I do NOT consider smaller to be at ALL less practical. As someone who AREADY talks to herself, I might lose my voice were it not for keyboards, frankly. And man is it annoying to say, "Hello, comma, met with Mcapitaldashaloweraserllowercase, etc." I've dealt with Dragon and I found it to suck.

Also I like BIG THINGS.

Small is only practical to an ever GROWING majority of people who don't want to learn to do it the hard way. SMALL is a false economy and SMALL doesn't mean better, a great deal of the time.

Imma not going to argue about the relative merits of pods but if there becomes a black market leading vape related charge I will 100% do it, in a Joan of Arc fashion even if it means being burned at the stake, because I'd prefer it 100% compared to like, life long incarceration today and etc. That would be the suck.

I'm getting a derringer. I don't know where or how, but if the BLACK day comes the BLACK WRATH of Anna, the Vape Armaggedonist I may term myself, and I'm not gonna be answerable for that.

It's equally possible I will sink into a dark den of depression and start smoking cigarettes again, frankly, although I'm sort of thinking being burnt at the stake is ALSO preferable to COPD, any NEAR drowners have met describe it with intense and complete and total horror.

It's probably like CHILDBIRTH too so bad you can't even really recall it let alone describe it adequately and whatnot. LOL.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread