Are super-minis bad for the esmoking community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
We don't hear of many super minis being recommended on this forum, hardcore esmokers seem to think that anything smaller than a mini is mostly inadequate.

The smaller the ecig the sooner the cartridges and batteries run out. That, along with not very good vapour from most of them makes them a negative introduction to esmoking for potential converts.

A lot of people new to esmoking are attracted to the small size because they look more like they would replace cigarettes and they don't realise that all ecigs are not the same.

Should we encourage suppliers to promote bigger ecigs to give customers a better experience? We don't want potential quitters to be put off by bad products.

Am I talking out of my ....? I might have completely the wrong idea about super minis. :confused: What do you think about this?

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the only real problem is the extra small carts kate.. we have an entire range at our disposal for photo purposes.. i get to know how they work..

the generic super mini smokes just like a 901.. the batteries are similar.. the downside is the small carts..

they are fiddly to top up and dont last as long as the 901 which holds more liquid..

the other factor which never gets a mention is the carts are all sold at the same price irrespective of how much liquid they contain.. this obviously affects running costs.. the classic being the winner here..

there is noting wrong with how they smoke thow..

trog

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
I don't actually own a super-mini yet, though I suspect one day I might try one just for kicks. I have recommended to friends the pen style, or the mini if they wish something smaller. My reasoning is that I hope for a very positive experience for their first e-cig. Although the super-mini might be ok as a secondary/backup/situational e-cig, I SUSPECT it would not work for many as a primary device (though that is speculation, I don't own one).

As to the super-mini, I take my cues from the forum and from the larger vendors. I can see that Janty nor Puresmoker offer a super-mini or accessories. I don't recall if Njoy does or not. For me personally, I have a mini, but I use it more for demo purposes than routine use. But if a smoker is absolutly set on their e-cig looking like a real cigarette, then the super-mini would be the only option. Also, as proven within this forum, everyone's needs/satisfaction/desires is a little unique with the different devices. That is what makes this forum invaluable for the e-smoker.

Of course, I'm just here for the chicks. :D

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
superminis are not a main ecig for the heavy,dependent user...ok as an additional ecig for occasional use,or drysmoking...but as a main device-no way...too much refilling and recharging and messing about...the cartridges are tiny,and they should be cheaper than larger ones...

however,i wouldnt discourage suppliers from offering them for sale...therell always be people who want the small form...and the newer versions smoke well enough...

the thing is,people new to esmoking need to be aware of what theyre actually buying,and what its capabilities are...

lets face it,cigarette appearance seems important to beginners-but they soon realise the frustrations and limitations inherent in the smaller design...

the question is-would some people not even bother to try esmoking if all devices looked like the penstyle?i guess it depends on how much they want to quit really...and how concerned with appearance they are...

all we can do here is advise and make newbs aware,if theyre lucky enough to stumble upon this site...but shouldnt that primarily be a suppliers responsibility?

thats the problem i have with the glut of new bandwagon jumping suppliers popping up everywhere...including ebay-i mean take Futuresmoker for example,who claims 30 cigarettes from a 901 cartridge..well sorry mate,i know the 901 inside out,id bet a lot better than you,and thats a gross exaggeration in my experience...

and others selling superminis with all the more healthy aspects covered,but no mention of cartridge life...even pillboxs supermini on ebay is claimed to give the equivalent of 2 packs of cigarettes worth of drags-well thats just utter crap,and pillbox knows it-plus on his electronic cigarette store site he makes no mention of supermini cart life-i expect better from an otherwise good supplier like him-he needs to sort that kind of rubbish out....no wonder people are disappointed...its scandalous...

very few are truthful and honest-like smokester...some either dont have a clue,make exaggerated claims,or simply omit important information to increase sales...

i would encourage suppliers to offer truthful approximations of how long batteries will run and cartridges last for each model,and-heres an idea-also offer a recommendations for beginners section on their sites...

in short,for a good experience,superminis are the last form of ecig to try,not the first...
in my opinion,not a good introduction to esmoking...but thats not the superminis fault....its down to lack of knowledge on the part of consumers,due to lack of information from suppliers-and in some cases blatantly false information...

people need to know exactly what theyre getting...then they at least can make an informed decision...

i always encourage newbies to contact a reputable supplier,and get a good generic 901 or classic,depending on what they indicate they want most initially...smaller size or longer run time...

at least then theyve got something decent to base their next purchase on after they have had some experience,and actually know what they want from an ecig.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
all good stuff darcy but.. when in rome one has to do what the romans do..

pillbox has to sell e cigs.. the mass market buyer is not well informed and in truth never will be.. soooo how can an honest seller sell his product whilst competing with a bunch of liars which in sense is what the best salemen are..

here i go again telling the truth and offending people.. its a bad habit i have..

basically darcy in a world of lies only a good liar survives..

inform a few that want to be informed.. leave the rest to their own devices.. is the best that can be done..

trog

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Just thought i would post my tip on the super mini again since their is some more new E-Smokers ..... Welcome newbeesssss lol .... Dont worry you will soon be oldbeesssss as their is so many people coming on board.

YouTube - electronic cigarette super mini

We don't hear of many super minis being recommended on this forum, hardcore esmokers seem to think that anything smaller than a mini is mostly inadequate.

The smaller the ecig the sooner the cartridges and batteries run out. That, along with not very good vapour from most of them makes them a negative introduction to esmoking for potential converts.

A lot of people new to esmoking are attracted to the small size because they look more like they would replace cigarettes and they don't realise that all ecigs are not the same.

Should we encourage suppliers to promote bigger ecigs to give customers a better experience? We don't want potential quitters to be put off by bad products.

Am I talking out of my ....? I might have completely the wrong idea about super minis. :confused: What do you think about this?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
You're making a bid for superstardom Rusty with that great Scots accent of yours. I noticed on another thread that someone accidently wrote 'cats' instead of 'carts', they're following your example and smoking our furry friends ;)

Darcy doesn't write loads of posts on this forum but when he does they are usually spot on. I think he knows what he's talking about.

The super mini ecig is a bit of a toy really and anyone seriously trying to swap from cigarettes is likely to find it inadequate. Maybe as a backup it would do but as a main or only device ... forget it.

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Kate .... I think your right about a back up devise .... I use my 901 until its dead .... then i use my super mini .... I think ...If im allowed to say this >>> The super mini is more suited to a light smoker who is trying to quit real cigs.... And the Mini is more suited to someone who still likes to smoke but withought all the other stuff !!!!! :)

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
I also think that the mini might fit in with the office worker who still feels the need to go out side for a cig with his mates so he can stay with the in crowd ...lol lol .... The result is >>> lol lol >>> You got an E-Smoker STANDING IN THE RAIN WITH HIS MATES ..... HAhahahahahaha

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
if a super mini is used as it intended to be used and the carts cost less it would be a nice device..

dismissing it cos its hard for a minority of one to top up is wrong.. most people do just pop in carts..

i wouldnt give your bling house room kate.. i have one sat on my shelf it is simply a shelf ornament.. it got put on the shelf after a review and three days use.. i would far sooner smoke a super mini than a bling..

lets not be too quick to dismiss things as toys.. individual opinions on individual devices dont count for much..

i have seen the entire pillbox range in all colours in use.. they smoke nicely.. their only downside is the carts dont last long but that comes down to cost.. not function..

trog

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Bugger off Trog, don't tell me I'm not allowed an opinion. I don't think super minis do anybody any favours and I'll say so. They are a waste for anyone but the lightest of smokers and they give people a bad impression of the capabilities of ecigs.

So you don't like Blings ... so ... I don't care ... this is a thread about super minis, why don't you post your opinion about Blings on the Bling review thread where it belongs?

What has Pillbox got to do with this thread?

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
I think the reason the super mini is more popular with older people is because the have been brought up in the early days to belive that smoking was good for you ...So for older people .. the more it looks lig a cigarette the better ...... For the younger >>> They think its cool to be smoking something their mates havent got !!!!!

Once people become more clued up that esmoking is more than just a swap from smoking I think we'll find less desire to imitate the smoking look. Do you think there's a reason why super minis are more popular with older people Rusty?

We do our best to entertain Coinmaster ;)

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
I agree Trog ..... Everyone should have a real pict of them self ....Mine is real ..... Whats yours? .....:)

u are exercising
a little bit too much control in my "opinion" kate.. u look like a mother superior and u are beginning to act like one.. he he..

i think looking at your avatar kind of unnerves me.. i feel i am being looked at from on high.. he he

and to make it worse u are bloody irish.. he he he

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread