are there any compatible cartomizers for Smoke 51 TRIO battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gretbrough

Feb 5, 2010
Western NY
This question has probably been asked before, but this forum is so huge that I can't find the answer...
I bought a Smoke 51 TRIO (note: NOT the Duo) on Feb 2. Been smoke free ever since, who-hoo :)
Part of the reason I spent the (rather exorbitant) price for a Smoke 51 TRIO is that it LOOKS like a cigarette. I smoked tobacco cigarettes for 43 years, so in order to quit, I had to fake-out my head by replacing it with something that looks and feels the same (or close, anyway).
However, I'm now having problems getting cartomizers from Smoke 51, both from the kiosk in the local mall, and at their website online. Everything seems to be backordered.
I prefer using a cartomizer. I'm a working mom, and don't have the time or patience to mess around with refilling and e-liquids.
Does anyone know what kind of battery the Smoke 51 Trio is, and if there are compatible cartomizers that will fit this battery, that I can get from some other source?
Thanks.
-gretbrough

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Here are a couple of threads you can check out for more information. IMO, if you change the cartomizers you are using and go with aftermarket, the only thing left is a battery. The 510 thread is the most common thread in use among vapers these days, so look at 510 thread batteries and the world will open up in terms of choices.

You might want to start with a couple of eGo Twists. Those will give you variable voltage and an all day vape capacity between charges. Any 510 atomizer will fit. From there, check out mods with 18650 IMR batteries. You might go all day and into the next before charging.

Eventually, battery life will be more important than having your ecig look like a cigarette. People know the difference when it doesn't smell like a cigarette. If it has a funny LED light on the end, it's just more proof that you aren't smoking tobacco. When people find out it's an ecig and you explain the concept they usually congratulate you on getting rid of the stinkies!

I started with a cig sized Joye 510. From there I moved on to an eGo with a 1000mah battery. I eventually moved up to a Provari and could still use all my old atomizer variations on all my ecigs. Right now, I'm vaping a Kanger T3 on a Riva 650mah batt. Interchangeability is key to vaping happiness! All my stuff is 510 thread and fits all my batts.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-veterans/169051-what-kind-battery-kit-smoke-51-a.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-veterans/216290-smoke51-trio-rn4081.html

Last edited:
In a bid to quick smoking, my husband and I started on the Trio about 6 weeks ago. I have ordered cartomizers from AquaVapor on line at half the cost of what the Trio cartomizers cost! Menthol for my husband and blanks for me. They work but I think they are draining the Trio battery quicker. I ordered a couple of their 510 batteries for my husband to use and I took over his Trio as my backup battery. I have noticed he can go longer without recharging even though he uses it much more than I do. It seems like I have to charge every two hours when I am using the AquaVapor cartomizers on my Trio. And, it never seems to really heat up though there is a vapor being produced. But, if I use the cartomizers that came with the Trio, I can go most of the day without having to recharge and there is a good heat produced, along with vapor. Interestingly, the cartomizers that came with the Trio, will not work with the 510 batteries from AquaVapor. There is also an issue with using the Trio with the charger for the AquaVapor battery.... it doesn't work.

I have also noticed I get a lingering metallic taste in my mouth after using the Trio Fifty One cartomizers. I have done some experimenting and process elimination and it is the cartomizer, not the juice. Anyway, I am down to the last Fifty One cartomizer and I won't be buying anymore. Though, I must say, each one has lasted almost two weeks before going bad. The blanks I have only seem to make it about 5 days.

Given these issues, and the fact I have already had to take each Trio back to the kiosk in the mall for exchange because they quit working all together, I am planning on buying more of the AquaVapor batteries this week for myself and storing the Trios away as emergency backups. They just don't seem to be worth the trouble (or the outrageous cost). I wish I had done a little research before purchasing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread