Are there any hot spots in my coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naheed

Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if my coil has any hot spots? I have issues getting flavor with my builds.Have tried wicking so many times with no luck.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3747.JPG
    IMG_3747.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 441
  • IMG_3748.JPG
    IMG_3748.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 423
  • IMG_3749.JPG
    IMG_3749.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 423
  • IMG_3750.JPG
    IMG_3750.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 420

Naheed

Sep 18, 2017
You would know if you had hot spots in the coil. It would taste like searing hot metal, not he flavor of your juice!

I would look into wicking/airflow/wattage if I where you.

Thanks for the advice. What do I need to do for better airflow? If my coil is fine, than wicking is my issue. Wicking has always been a problem for me.

Reactions: stols001

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Thanks for the advice. What do I need to do for better airflow? If my coil is fine, than wicking is my issue. Wicking has always been a problem for me.

I'm a firm believer in the less is more saying when it comes to wicking. It may take a few tries to get it right but I find that when i can pull cotton through with VERY little resistance then it's just about enough cotton for me. With a spaced coil build like that, if I pull it through and it deforms the coil, it's to much for me. Your mileage may vary but it's always worked for me.

Also if possible you want your airflow to be right on or slightly under the coil. I don't know what RBA/RTA your using so I don't know if that's possible.

Try those first and see how you fare.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will second that advice, I always want to overwick, and that's not good. That's why I like rayon, as it's supposed to be tighter in the coil than cotton, I believe? IDK but I wick it even slightly less than I wick with cotton, and it's better.... Well, the other thing I like about rayon is it's longevity, I hate wicking and that probably means I should be practicing more, it's just... the last step seems like it should be easy somehow, and it's not, it's more of an art. :)

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

For more airflow try a smaller diameter coil and make sure wicking is not obstructing the path of the airflow.
What atomizer are you using?

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread