Are there any trusted eliquid rating sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Morning folks..

So yeah.. Are there any trusted eliquid rating sites, that don't actually sell eliquid? I'm guessing not.

So maybe a better question is how do you go about making a decision which company and then the flavor?

I was about to order from black note until I read about how it gunked up atomizers. Then on top of that, the site is clunky. They sent me a 10% first time buyer discount code, but there's no coupon code entry box to enter the code at check out. So I emailed them and Jeff says to call him about my questions? Really? Frankly, I have a hectic job and don't have time to call during working hours. If he cant email me how to enter the code, I'm done..

Thanks!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Just for the heck of it and because I had a minute to spare, I went to the site. I put something in my cart and then hit cart to check out.
On the bottom, left hand side is the box for "coupon code"
black note.jpg

Reactions: DavidOck

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So maybe a better question is how do you go about making a decision which company and then the flavor?

Not a whole lot you can do beyond what other people here recommend. It's trial and error. Juice is what makes the initial investment in vaping a bit high, especially if you're chasing "that perfect burning cigarette" flavor.

But even going on what others think is a huge gamble because not only is taste highly subjective, but one juice might work great on one person's choice of coil where it may not work so well in another person's choice of coil, or will last 2 days and get gunked up too much to use it anymore.

I bet I spent $300-500 before vaping worked for me.
    It is my personal opinion that the absolute best thing a new vaper can do is to put the idea of cigarette flavor out of mind and make a list of different fruits, drinks and desserts they like then chase that rabbit hole instead because that rabbit hole isn't so deep and therefore much cheaper. Easier to find a good food flavor eliquid than burning cigarette flavor.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was about to order from black note until I read about how it gunked up atomizers. Then on top of that, the site is clunky. They sent me a 10% first time buyer discount code, but there's no coupon code entry box to enter the code at check out. So I emailed them and Jeff says to call him about my questions? Really? Frankly, I have a hectic job and don't have time to call during working hours. If he cant email me how to enter the code, I'm done..

I see your problem has been solved. But I have to agree - I guess the people at black note have not yet grasped how to use the internet to be advantageous to their business operation, their customers and prospective customers and their bottom line lol "Call us on the phone"? Who suggests that anymore? That's an expensive way to run a business when the answer is simple and short.

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    Just for the heck of it and because I had a minute to spare, I went to the site. I put something in my cart and then hit cart to check out.
    On the bottom, left hand side is the box for "coupon code"
    View attachment 978543

I missed that thanks.. Probably because its on the left bottom and not usual place. But why couldn't Jeff had written that?

Most people I know go by word of mouth and just try things out looking for one they like. I do not know of a site that rates eliquid

I don't know many people that vape. There are some custodians where i work that do, but its hecktic at my job and our break times are different.

Not a whole lot you can do beyond what other people here recommend. It's trial and error. Juice is what makes the initial investment in vaping a bit high, especially if you're chasing "that perfect burning cigarette" flavor.

But even going on what others think is a huge gamble because not only is taste highly subjective, but one juice might work great on one person's choice of coil where it may not work so well in another person's choice of coil, or will last 2 days and get gunked up too much to use it anymore.

I bet I spent $300-500 before vaping worked for me.
    It is my personal opinion that the absolute best thing a new vaper can do is to put the idea of cigarette flavor out of mind and make a list of different fruits, drinks and desserts they like then chase that rabbit hole instead because that rabbit hole isn't so deep and therefore much cheaper. Easier to find a good food flavor eliquid than burning cigarette flavor.

I tried some fruit flavors back when I started. Yuck! Tasted Like perfume!
    It been so long since I vaped (went to pouch's for years) I forgot which ones I liked. I did like bobas bounty. NLV Gold. Zombie Apocalypse. Atomic Cinnacide. backwoodsblends.. A few others, but I'm having a senior moment and cant remember others..

Only reason I'm chasing the tobacco is because of my GF who smokes pall malls, but maybe I should let it go and introduce her to the flavors I liked. I eventually went to unflavored. But that's kind of boring to start with. I did the same for my X who never quit. I guess some people just cant quit, or dont want to quit stinkies. I'll admit, I do occasionally bum a smoke because they smell good. But then immediately realize why I quit. Nasty!

I see your problem has been solved. But I have to agree - I guess the people at black note have not yet grasped how to use the internet to be advantageous to their business operation, their customers and prospective customers and their bottom line lol "Call us on the phone"? Who suggests that anymore? That's an expensive way to run a business when the answer is simple and short.

Exactly.. And the site is clunky. Usually when you click on cart, there's a button to go to your cart. And the coupon code box on bottom left? What the heck? Jeff asked for my number, and I gave it to him asking him to call after work. But then he calls at 2 pm when I was super busy, like I always am..

Maybe I need to resurrect a new thread called "what are you vaping now" because of all the new vendors..

BTW, I really like the pico baby with GS air coils because of the stealthy side by side layout.. And I picked up some 50mg juice so that I only needed one drag at work. But its so strong my ... burns and I'm back to square one. lol

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    And I picked up some 50mg juice so that I only needed one drag at work. But its so strong my ... burns and I'm back to square one. lol

Well you don't have to go full hog with 50mg, man. If you liked that flavor, buy it in something lower, like 30mg or something.

• Agree
    Reactions: Katmar

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Only reason I'm chasing the tobacco is because of my GF who smokes pall malls, but maybe I should let it go and introduce her to the flavors I liked. I eventually went to unflavored. But that's kind of boring to start with. I did the same for my X who never quit. I guess some people just cant quit, or dont want to quit stinkies.
    It's long been my contention that no one really "wants" to give up smoking. Some people just get motivated to (health concerns, cost, inconvenience) even though they'd prefer otherwise. i believe that's the real reason so few quit attempts succeeded pre-vaping -- folks really didn't want to & got farther from their motivation -- and why vaping is so successful a cessation aid -- it lets you keep 'smoking' w/o smoking.

Anyway, they'll be of limited value because everyone's taste is different but there are e-liquid reviews on YouTube. Not sure how up-to-date they are now, though. TheDollarEJuiceClub.com sells small sampler bottles at a low price to let you (+ maybe your GF) try different flavors at little expense.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    TheDollarEJuiceClub.com

Good place to start for someone like OP, but unfortunately they don't ship to Iowa currently, as per their popup on their site.
    We are currently accepting and processing orders from following:

Alaska*, Arizona, California*, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois*, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington*
    *restrictions apply. some areas are excluded

Unfortunately, all other orders placed outside of the qualifying states will be immediately canceled. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding our shipping policies.
    Please select your state or country.​

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    Well you don't have to go full hog with 50mg, man. If you liked that flavor, buy it in something lower, like 30mg or something.

Its not a problem at work.. Its when I get home and forget to only puff once. I wont make that mistake again but must admit I enjoy the effect, at work..

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Morning folks..

So yeah.. Are there any trusted eliquid rating sites, that don't actually sell eliquid? I'm guessing not.

Thanks!
    There are still YouTube vape review channels. Some review only liquids, some mix reviews of liquids and equipment.

TiaVapes
    PBusardo
    Indoor Smokers

And you can just do a YouTube search for vape flavor reviews and get dozens (with the editorially imposed anti-vaping messages interspersed).

You can do a search on this site for review threads and get tons of them, but I find it irritating that there is no option to sort them by most recent.

I think it does involve some trial and error for each person though. Dark liquids with a lot of sweetener may taste good to you, but will gunk up your coils. It has nothing to do with brewing fault.

Reactions: MLEJ

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Its not a problem at work.. Its when I get home and forget to only puff once. I wont make that mistake again but must admit I enjoy the effect, at work..

Careful with that 50mg. You'll build up a tolerance and wish you never used it to begin with. That's what I hear anyhow.

• Agree
    Reactions: Bliss Doubt

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Of course when you get tired of all that, there is always DIY.

However I started DIY for a different reason. TRUST............
    How can I trust that a manufacturer has MY interests in mind, instead of just their bottom line.
    What kind of junk did they use just to make an extra dime.
    (The pot vapers know all about that, don't they ... think EVALI)
    Perfect example of WHY I only vape what I mix myself.

Last edited:

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    There are still YouTube vape review channels. Some review only liquids, some mix reviews of liquids and equipment.

True, but those folks got the eliquid for free.

Careful with that 50mg. You'll build up a tolerance and wish you never used it to begin with. That's what I hear anyhow.

Thanks for the warning. That's why I should only do one puff and I'll put it away at home from now on. Aren't Juul pods 50%?

Last edited:

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    50mg (5%). 50% nic would be 500mg :w00t: and deadly.

My bad.

I imagine juul states their eliquid are 5% because it sounds less than 50 mg.. Vendors should just use one strength measure system like mg's. Guess it doesn't matter because juul no longer sell it and others have closed shop, so why are the sites still up? Just for clicks?

Glad I got a gallon of 100 mg. But now I have to transfer it into glass and get my freezer going. Or is the Delosi plastic gallon jug safe for 5 years?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I imagine juul states their eliquid are 5% because it sounds less than 50 mg..

I agree

Vendors should just use one strength measure system like mg's

I agree

Guess it doesn't matter because juul no longer sell it and others have closed shop, so why are the sites still up? Just for clicks?

Because of probably a lot of reasons. Litigation being one of them.

Glad I got a gallon of 100 mg. But now I have to transfer it into glass and get my freezer going. Or is the Delosi plastic gallon jug safe for 5 years?

I don't trust plastic personally. I would say a year tops then get it in glass asap. jmho

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reactions: rebar