Are there any vapes that are easy on the throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I'm using an Aegis mini and I have a habit of drawing the vape right to my throat. I've tried to keep a it in my mouth and then blow out, but I often forget and go back to deep vapes. Is there a vape device out there which will be gentler on my throat, maybe something that makes it harder to take throat hits? I enjoy vaping but having a sore throat is becoming a real problem.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Harsh hits are a mostly a sign of user error.

Using a Mtl inhale when using a delivery device designed for Dtl inhale method.
Insufficient airflow. airflow is the coil's cooling system.
Too much power - resulting in dry or burnt hits.
Scorched or burnt wicking material, especially continuing to use a replaceable coil head with wicking material that is scorched or burnt, or wicking in an RBA of some sort that is scorched or burnt.
Too high Nic mg/ml.
Possible sensitivity to Pg or flavorings.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I'm using an Aegis mini and I have a habit of drawing the vape right to my throat. I've tried to keep a it in my mouth and then blow out, but I often forget and go back to deep vapes. Is there a vape device out there which will be gentler on my throat, maybe something that makes it harder to take throat hits? I enjoy vaping but having a sore throat is becoming a real problem.

If you mix our own juice, Nude Nicotine has a reduced 'throat hit' variety. I use it and like it, I am not a fan of throat hit.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
How long did you smoke? How many per day?
What vapes have you used? What did you use before the Aegis?
What tank is on the Aegis?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you use? PG/VG levels?
Which flavor are you using?
What is the resistance of the coil you are using?
What is the wattage you are using?
How old is the coil?

Cheers
I

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
Hi,
How long did you smoke? How many per day? 10 years. Pack a day.
What vapes have you used? What did you use before the Aegis? I used so many devices. Most broke within a month a use. Tried many small devices so I could covertly vape at work.
What tank is on the Aegis?Geek Vape Cerberus 25mm Sub-Ohm tank, which features the Super Mesh X2 Coil System
What is the nicotine level of the juice you use? PG/VG levels? 80 vg 20 pg
Tobacco one and fruit flavor one. I switch back and forth.
What is the wattage you are using? 25
How old is the coil? 1 week

Cheers
I

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
It's a combination of the juice and the atty you're using, which you haven't said what it is. The particular mod really doesn't make as much difference as what kind of tank you're using. And its nicotine and PG which give the throat hit and burning sensation in the throat. I'm gonna call user error here as well. Tell us what type of tank you have on your mod and tell us about the juice you are using. And for the record, nic salt can be used with any device. There are no nic salt only devices. It's kinda dumb to use a high strength nic with a high wattage setting but there are those that do that with impunity. But in your case, it would be helpful if you let us know more about your set up.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
It's a combination of the juice and the atty you're using, which you haven't said what it is. The particular mod really doesn't make as much difference as what kind of tank you're using. And its nicotine and PG which give the throat hit and burning sensation in the throat. I'm gonna call user error here as well. Tell us what type of tank you have on your mod and tell us about the juice you are using. And for the record, nic salt can be used with any device. There are no nic salt only devices. It's kinda dumb to use a high strength nic with a high wattage setting but there are those that do that with impunity. But in your case, it would be helpful if you let us know more about your set up.
I wrote about my setup a couple posts up. I probably screwed up in the formatting so ithit might be hard to see. I vape 12 mg free base and it's the Cerberus 25mm sub ohm tank.

• Useful

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The Cerberus tank is designed for a Dtl inhale method, trying to use a Mtl inhale method with just about any delivery device/tank designed for Dtl is going to give harsh to very harsh hits.
Doesn't matter if you use high Vg % or nic salts as a way to smooth it out.

Using Mtl inhale on a Dtl 'tank' you are defeating and rendering the tank/delivery device cooling system useless, end up with harsh sometimes hot vapor.

Mtl - steady light to medium strength smoother longer inhale, similar to taking a drag from cigarette, collect vapor in mouth then either inhale or blow out without inhaling.
If this is what you like best you need a delivery device/tank designed for Mtl vaping.

Dtl - strong rapid deep inhale, moving a lot of air through the delivery device in a short time, pulling the vapor from the delivery device directly into your lungs.

The 12 mg/ml nic in a Dtl delivery device is also considered high which will also increase harshness. Most folks use 6 mg/ml or less with Dtl.

If you want to vape using a Mtl inhale method ( smooth light to medium inhale strength collecting vapor in mouth, then either inhale or blow out without inhaling ) you need a tank/delivery device designed for Mtl vaping.
Innokin Zenith or Zlide would be two good examples of Mtl tanks / delivery devices.

• Agree

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Replies in RED
How long did you smoke? How many per day?
10 years. Pack a day.
What vapes have you used? What did you use before the Aegis?
I used so many devices. Most broke within a month a use. Tried many small devices so I could covertly vape at work.

What tank is on the Aegis?
Geek Vape Cerberus 25mm Sub-Ohm tank, which features the Super Mesh X2 Coil System
What is the nicotine level of the juice you use? PG/VG levels?
12mg/ml , 80 vg 20 pg
Tobacco one and fruit flavor one. I switch back and forth.
What is the wattage you are using?
How old is the coil?
1 week

As noted by @Anise and @Topwater Elvis , that may not be the "right" tank for you and your style of vaping.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
The Cerberus tank is designed for a Dtl inhale method, trying to use a Mtl inhale method with just about any delivery device/tank designed for Dtl is going to give harsh to very harsh hits.
Doesn't matter if you use high Vg % or nic salts as a way to smooth it out.

Using Mtl inhale on a Dtl 'tank' you are defeating and rendering the tank/delivery device cooling system useless, end up with harsh sometimes hot vapor.

Mtl - steady light to medium strength smoother longer inhale, similar to taking a drag from cigarette, collect vapor in mouth then either inhale or blow out without inhaling.
If this is what you like best you need a delivery device/tank designed for Mtl vaping.

Dtl - strong rapid deep inhale, moving a lot of air through the delivery device in a short time, pulling the vapor from the delivery device directly into your lungs.

The 12 mg/ml nic in a Dtl delivery device is also considered high which will also increase harshness. Most folks use 6 mg/ml or less with Dtl.

If you want to vape using a Mtl inhale method ( smooth light to medium inhale strength collecting vapor in mouth, then either inhale or blow out without inhaling ) you need a tank/delivery device designed for Mtl vaping.
Innokin Zenith or Zlide would be two good examples of Mtl tanks / delivery devices.
It is expensive to get the Zenith. Maybe I'll just get a new device. Can you recommend any small devices that are good for mouth to lung and good with nicotine salt. I like to vape at work so I think going for a small devices will be best for me. Thanks for your post, by the way.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Try a justfog minifit or vaporesso podstick. They are low wattage which should help. It will depend on the juice to. I do not use nic salts, but they should be smoother in theory. In the devices I listed above, I am not sure how well they would do with a high vg juice. But with the low wattage, I think you would be ok with a 50/50 nic salt

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread