Are we there yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
Hi I'm WiSK :)

I smoked for almost 30 years and now glad to be vaping, smoke free. My son is almost off the cigs as well.

I see a lot of potential in vaping and am frustrated by current European rules that seem to be designed to stymie further uptake. I understand that smoking is something the politicians can't touch, but this seems to be a chance to save lives. I trust that PG and VG are safer than tobacco but would like to see research into effects of inhaling burnt cotton etc.

What hardware do I prefer? Any "stealth" mods like the Xvostick and the Gizmo. I don't want to be holding a wand or a big box mod. Thing has to fit in my pocket and not leak.

Which liquids? I seem to want to try them all. At first I imagined I'd quickly find a brand to be loyal to and vape only that, but now have something like 50 flavours. Use 10ml bottles so nothing gets boring. The only types I have in 30ml bottles is Nicoticket Strawnilla and Grant's Vanilla Custard.

Reactions: NoFumus

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Hi, WiSK, Welcome to ECF!

Yes, legislation regarding e-cigarettes can really be depressing. Seems to come from both misguided political agendas and tax-revenue concerns.
Perhaps more than smokers themselves, our governments are addicted to tobacco.

Regarding inhaling burnt cotton, it shouldn't really be a concern; since it tastes so bad, long-term exposure to any significant amounts is unlikely.

Sounds like you're well on your way!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Welcome and congratulations. I had to laugh at your need to try all flavors because that is exactly what happens to most of us.

I agree that it is infuriating that the politicians can't keep their money grubbing hands out of something that has such great potential to save so many lives. We must keep fighting the good fight so that all smokers will have a chance to break free of the cancer sticks.

On my phone now but when I get to my computer I will link you to some good studies that I have bookmarked

Hang in there and good luck to you.

ETA- Here it is as promised. A little older but still good info here.

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 - onVaping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread