Are you done stocking up?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Every time I say ok that is all I need for stocking up, I find that there is just one more thing I need! LOL I am about all set but I am sure I will find something else. All set on mods, rebuilds, Nic, may get a few more flavors and VG/PG to have on hand :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Times like this I wish ECF had a “WOW” button! Way to go!

Right. Me too. I love this place. Everything I know about vaping I learned here. I remember when I bought my first e-cig online (GreenSmoke) and quickly realized that I needed information. I found ECF and, well, never left. Thanks, @Oliver :wub:

Nobody was looking out for us and our safety--we had to do it ourselves. And we've been doing it ever since. In 2009, @Kate raised some questions about diacetyl, later confirmed by @Kurt (PhD in Chemistry) and @KFarsalinos (cardiologist), and @dougp925 started the epic thread about burning cartomizers. Kurt also warned us about risks associated with vaping eliquids containing cinnamaldehyde, oil based flavorings, eugenol, "organic" flavorings, and some questionable sweeteners. @Mooch tests batteries and lets us know which ones are safe to use so we don't kill ourselves; before Mooch, @Scottbee was a battery guru and tester here. We have discussed and criticized the use of crystalline silica as filler in certain coil heads (and now it's gone), iffy plastics used for tanks (gone or replaced with better plastics and glass), mod safety (believe it or not, some early mods were made without venting holes--now fixed). John Bellinger and Brandon Wolfe from EvoIv raised concerns about vaping at high temperatures, later confirmed by Kurt and tireless testing by @mikepetro .

Not to mention the fact that most (if not all) great improvements and inventions in vaping started on ECF and other vaping forums all over the world. Big Chinese manufacturers learn from our modders and incorporate their ideas into their products all the time. Everything we're using today was invented either on this forum (or similar forums in Germany, Greece, Russia, England, etc.) by fellow vapers who were not satisfied with the hardware they were using and were hell bent on creating that perfect vape.

So, since I'm feeling nostalgic, let me mention just a few of our great inventors--and thanks, guys, wherever you are today:

1. carto tanks: thanks and RIP, Billy-- @br5495;
2. better mods: @mik from Janty, eGo; @Doug Dino, Billet Box; @redeyedancer, REOsMods; PureSmoker, Prodigy, Legacy; Little Brother and Little Sister; @Trog, Screwdriver and Keyring mod; vv and vw--NotCigs Buzz; Evolv, Darwin; ProVape, ProVari;
3. fillerless clearomizers: @badkolo, @dannoman, Billy, Martinez;
4. RBAs: @raidy, Genisis; @imeothanasis--a greek modder; our Russian friends, Kayfun and ArcticFox;
5.TC--Evolv

Thank you @DVap and @radiokaos for the WTAs.

Oh, and thank you @mrdee3 for inventing the Clapton coil--while watching his friend playing guitar. :)

And lest we forget--behold a very early mod: :lol:

3f0a014cd71037b6e825809228067327.jpg

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
IMG_1608.jpg
I just want to congratulate all the Stocker Uppers on this thread, well done vape friends! We scrambled and bought and had a blast following all the sales thru the years. I don't regret a thing. When I look at my stash it reminds me of all of you and our fun shopping days! Would not have missed it for the world! Vape on :)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I just experienced my first real panic attack......(exaggerating but still! :wub: )

Mom in the hospital. Had just finished feeding her breakfast. Sat down to sneak-a-vape ;) when I drop my mod (Kanger Subox). Battery door popped off & battery disappears. :cry:
I'm on the floor spread out like an Olympic swimmer determined to find it. Had it been an old battery I might not have tripped so badly but this.....this was one of my brand new Sammy Q's & I couldn't leave it to hosp staff to find it for me!!! :confused:

Bet some of ya'll think I was sacred I wouldn't be able to vape at all. Nahhhh.....had 2 other mods with me. :thumbs:

Finally found my battery hidden behind the power cord to the bed.
Now, next problem....trying to get my fat @$$ off that hard @$$ floor!!! :-x

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Someone has a thread on here on what the majority are stock piling and it is the old reliable gear. When you look to future you want to be sure you have enough old school to get you thru that is tried and true.

First, sorry the following is so long, but thought it was a humorous example of how the FDA crap has some unexpected people discovering that "old school" tootle-puffing vaping isn't that bad after all!

Neighbor who works part-time at local vape shop, texted me after he'd stopped by there on his day off. Said he couldn't believe his eyes when he went into the shop...and the usually sub-ohming, cloud-chucking, young guys who work there, were ALL vaping using a big variety of Protanks and Aerotanks that someone had traded in for a couple of new RBAs. Asked me to call him for the whole story.

So. I called and he said they were all smiling as they blew much smaller clouds and were commenting on how surprisingly good the flavor was, how much less juice they were using, how it would be easy to rebuild the coils for them, etc. So the neighbor asked them what made them decide to even try those older tanks.

Guys told him that with the shop owner not being able to give them 30mL of free juice per week any more (FDA says nope to that), and with the amount they were using by sub-ohming...they decided to try some of the "old ___" that somebody had just traded in that morning. They wanted to see what vaping with it would be like, how much juice they'd use, etc. Said they were all using coils between 1.2 and 2.2 ohms, and of course at much lower watts than usual...and loving it!

Those guys ended up buying ALL those tanks, and a few boxes of coils each, too. So, it seems there is definitely something to be said for "tootle-puffing"...even for the usual sub-ohming, cloud-chucking, younger crowd, too!
:D

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
My 25 year old freezer went out yesterday - luckily it was not completely full and we were able to transfer everything to our other freezers. I let my wife do the transferring since she is in charge of the food.

When she was finished I looked and she had left my nic in the broken freezer - she said there wasn't enough room. She just stared at me as I pulled out a turkey and some frozen veggies to make room for my nic.

After a short discussion we are having Thanksgiving early this year and my nic is safe...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
It is highly possible that in the years down the road our circle of vaping friends that we've made along the way may become our most valuable asset to keep us vaping long into the future when we need some help. :)
They are already our most valuable assets.....right here on the forums. This is the one place many can come here for the support they cant get elsewhere, to laugh, to cry, to complain & to hug it out. We pick each other up when down & help you spend that extra $1.25 you found in the sofa on coils. Many of us put in more hours here throughout the day than we do elsewhere.

The friendships I've made here are ones I cherish everyday. We may not always agree with one another, & like any family, fights break out, we go to our corners, sulk for a bit then come back like nothing happened.....(well in most cases) :sneaky:

At the end of the day, the one thing we all have in common is the desire to not go back to traditional cigarette smoking & no matter the mod anyone uses, the goal is all the same.

#VapeOn

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
:rolleyes:
Not sure how it is outdated? Considering the vast majority of vapers still use cigalikes and ego style gear.....
I think forum members think we are the majority when in fact we're not. The average vaper isn't sitting on forums talking about gear, supplies, nic...etc etc. They're stopping into their local B&M's & that the extent of their knowledge. Many of them have never even heard of a ProVari but they know what a Blu is.

In another news- I said I was done giving stuff away & what do you know- I gave away my TID-mod. The guy I gave it to literally had tears coming out his eyes. He needed a new mod & due to life circumstances didn't have the money to splurge on one. He's got another friend that's sending him 500ml of juice.

That's community!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
:rolleyes: :laugh::facepalm:

You are TOO FUNNY!!!
I have nothing in transit...nothing on order. :oops:
I have a package from JCinFLA & FT coming via USPS (if they're feeling so inclined to actually deliver today). :rolleyes: Neither one of them are big enough to explain the 100 meter dashes I've ran to the door today.

How I look waiting for vape mail

Shana+Cox+Olympics+Day+8+Athletics+yCmKLk-mG1yl.jpg

How I look when I the mail carrier comes on my porch

Johanna+Danois+21st+European+Athletics+Championships+fLBlECmgOUCl.jpg

How I look when he leaves.........like you sure you gave me everything! :lol:

Sanya+Richards+Ross+Olympics+Day+10+Athletics+G8d0uwC83eLl.jpg

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
It's my 6th vaping anniversary tomorrow. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: Reflecting back a little today it feels like I've been vaping a long time and that's a good feeling. :) My 35+ years of smoking seem like a very very long time ago. ECF and all the wonderful friends I've made along the way have made it a fun journey and I'm very grateful to all of you for that. THANK YOU !!!! :wub:

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Mornin everyone,

I won’t keep posting about this for long, as MIL has been given a very dire prognosis. These next few days will be a very hard time for my family.

I am saying this mainly as an offer of gratitude for the hospitality, communion, and comfort this site and its people have given me for the last few months since I’ve been active here again.

MIL has supported my vaping and has been witness to the threat of bans and the ban now enforced in WA. She supports all of us, and thinks these bans are stupid and utterly corrupt.

If any of you would take a moment to know that a great woman like her, who has never smoked, has never vaped, but has seen my journey and laments the fact her son (my husband) still smokes, believes in what we are doing here. She supports our stocking up, never made fun of it or questioned why it is important, and there is really no excuse for anything the government is trying to do to us.

Please keep us in your heart these next few days. I won’t belabor our sadness on this thread for much longer. But I appreciate each and every one of you for the distraction, the laughter, and the help.

Thank you all.

Saippenu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2016
U.S. Northeast
I am on vacation this week so I have been rather obsessing about the vaping stuff, too much time on my hands :rolleyes:

The friend I have who is militant about her vaping rights, and who vapes heavily @24mg/ml hasn't bought her nicotine yet. She said she's still thinking about it. I expect that she will wait until 8/7 and then panic about it and it may be too late. I only bought her 1 liter because I have two people to supply here at home. I told her that she needed to decide how many years worth she wants and take care of the rest herself. It bothers me not to just cover her needs but I've spent enough really.

So yesterday I am over there working on her computer. She's a close friend and I am happy to do it for free but she usually pays me in fresh eggs from her chicken coop and fresh veggies from the garden.
Yesterday she whips out $100 cash and insists that I take it. I'm like "NO WAY, I am NOT taking your money !" She is a great debater tho and always wins every argument LOL and she says (in a very bratty tone) " FINE, if you don't take the money I will never ask you to do another thing for me and I will be stuck paying a professional big bucks instead"

Geeze Louise I take the money but am not happy about it. Then on the ride home it occurs to me that RTS still has their 4th of July sale going on so as soon as I walked through the door I ordered her 2 more liters of 100/mg/ml nicotine. It's a win/win. I can stop worrying that she doesn't have enough nic now and I don't have to feel guilty about taking her money :w00t:

I never thought I'd be giving just plain old nicotine to people as gifts. These sure are strange times.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Hey guys, long day. My mother-in-law passed away today. We were all with her. I am exhausted but I’m going to enjoy a cocktail and read through this thread. I’m already feeling like I will be able to remember her the way she was before the diagnosis: stronger than anyone I’d ever known before. I owe her so, so much.

So, thank you all for being so great to me during this time. I will never forget your kindness. :)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
So I got everything in my vape cabinet from three paper boxes and my kitchen island. Then I realized I have stuff in my china cabinet AND my TV cabinet. :facepalm: Tons of stuff. Not sure it's all gonna fit. Once I figure out my flavors, I think I can do it. We'll see. I may just have to keep my flavors in my kitchen island like before. Too many flavors! :ohmy: But this is all I can do tonight. I'm considering getting the smaller cabinet that is just like the taller one for DIY. :sneaky:

jwYXjp9.jpg

And here is my tree! :wub:

xnOvoFv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread