Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
PA is super cheap for smokes though.
Super cheap? Clearly you've never been to Virginia. :laugh:

PA was relatively reasonable, but they bumped the state tax up another buck or so last year, and now
only 11 other states have higher taxes.

The money thing is easy. I want a $50 mod, my little brain agrees that it is 4 days worth of smokes. Easy to justify...
:headbang:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Bottom Line: when viewed in the context of what we used to spend on smokes, the cost of a lifetime supply of nic stashed in the freezer is utterly insignificant.
My stash is 10 mods,, 10 atomizers, and 500,000 mg of nic, cost $650, what I used to spend for less than 3 months of smoking, a no brainer. The Republican majority legislature here in Michigan is not showing interest in interfering with smokers switching to vaping, so far, but Michigan collects around $944 million a year in tobacco taxes, 4% of State revenues. Will they lose their nerve if that money starts to drain away rapidly? I'm not taking any chances.

I'm confident my stash can last for 10 years and if nic has longer shelf life, and the mods do better than planned, I have enough stuff to vape for 20 years.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
My stash is 10 mods,, 10 atomizers, and 500,000 mg of nic, cost $650, what I used to spend for less than 3 months of smoking, a no brainer. The Republican majority legislature here in Michigan is not showing interest in interfering with smokers switching to vaping, so far, but Michigan collects around $944 million a year in tobacco taxes, 4% of State revenues. Will they lose their nerve if that money starts to drain away rapidly? I'm not taking any chances.

I'm confident my stash can last for 10 years and if nic has longer shelf life, and the mods do better than planned, I have enough stuff to vape for 20 years.
I won't say exactly what's in my stash or what I spent on it, but I'm pretty dang confident it will outlast me. :D

Wait, I will say this: I'm sure I haven't spent all of the $17,500 or so I've saved by not smoking for the last 4 years. That's despite having a whole bunch of "boutique" mods made by ECF suppliers and and just about all my nic being freezer-ready Nude Armor V1 in 120ml bottles.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Good to see that this threads still going :thumbs: :D I haven't purchased anything for myself for an entire year until this weekend when I made my annual battery purchase at RTD and flavoring purchase tonight at Wizzard Labs.
{{{{{{{Grandmato5}}}}}}}

Always a pleasure to see you!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I won't say exactly what's in my stash or what I spent on it, but I'm pretty dang confident it will outlast me. :D

Wait, I will say this: I'm sure I haven't spent all of the $17,500 or so I've saved by not smoking for the last 4 years. That's despite having a whole bunch of "boutique" mods made by ECF suppliers and and just about all my nic being freezer-ready Nude Armor V1 in 120ml bottles.
I want to be confident of a quality vape for 10 years (may be 20) but not over spend in the process since may be the products I prefer will remain available or may be there will be a compelling reason to change what's in the stockpile. Everything stays new in the box so I only buy what's needed. If I need to take something out of the stockpile for daily use it's replaced with something that stays new in the box. (I haven't bouught a new style of mod or atomizer for daily use or for the stockpile in more than a year because I don't see anything interesting.

May be I'm not a typical vaper because I only keep one atomizer juiced up at a time, use only one mod 99% of the time and mix only one flavor. May be that sounds austere but it turns out to be all I need.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I want to be confident of a quality vape for 10 years (may be 20) but not over spend in the process since may be the products I prefer will remain available or may be there will be a compelling reason to change what's in the stockpile. Everything stays new in the box so I only buy what's needed. If I need to take something out of the stockpile for daily use it's replaced with something that stays new in the box. (I haven't bouught a new style of mod or atomizer for daily use or for the stockpile in more than a year because I don't see anything interesting.

May be I'm not a typical vaper because I only keep one atomizer juiced up at a time, use only one mod 99% of the time and mix only one flavor. May be that sounds austere but it turns out to be all I need.
Not sure what a typical vaper is, because I am at the polar opposite of you. I need several setups with different types of ejuice to keep me interested and off cigarettes. That may be because I was a chimney when I smoked cigs and always had one lit. I may be overboard with the number of set-ups I use, even by some fellow vapers standards, but if you knew me when I smoked cigs, you would understand. So I don't think there is any right or wrong way, just whatever it takes to not smoke. I do enjoy exploring new flavors also as I mix my own ejuice too.
:)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Not sure what a typical vaper is, because I am at the polar opposite of you. I need several setups with different types of ejuice to keep me interested and off cigarettes. That may be because I was a chimney when I smoked cigs and always had one lit. I may be overboard with the number of set-ups I use, even by some fellow vapers standards, but if you knew me when I smoked cigs, you would understand. So I don't think there is any right or wrong way, just whatever it takes to not smoke. I do enjoy exploring new flavors also as I mix my own ejuice too.
And I smoked for many years and was certain there was no solution. But I started vaping and 6 weeks later wasn't a smoker any more. How much vaping is too much probably depends on the person but there is probably such a thing as too much so I need to have some discipline in the mix somewhere.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
And I smoked for many years and was certain there was no solution. But I started vaping and 6 weeks later wasn't a smoker any more. How much vaping is too much probably depends on the person but there is probably such a thing as too much so I need to have some discipline in the mix somewhere.
Agreed. I employ discipline in all other aspects of my life. But, I vape like I smoked where with smoking I had no discipline because it literally owned me. I smoked over 40 years and with each life crises it seemed to increase my smoking. That mindset along with all the other addictive parts of smoking(like hand to mouth motion, seeing vapor, etc)just seemed to follow me in vaping. Of course I have lowered the nic levels to accomodate my useage. But I am happy and off cigs and my body thanks me every day.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

You do take each new product out of the box to check it out first, right? What if it comes broken?

My intentions were to try lots of flavors. But, my laziness gets in the way. For a long time, I only vaped one flavor. I've only branched out because that one flavor is starting to seem rather tasteless to me.

Now, for other people, I'll mix up whatever they want. My sister prefers fruity flavors with maybe a bit of creaminess.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think like many, heavy smokers who had tried to quit many times, I kind of went overboard, probably, as I was so THRILLED that vaping was working, and I joined when deeming was still looming, so I may have overbought some things. But, I am thrilled with the (many) setups that I have that work for me and I enjoy vaping different tanks and flavors, with DIY. I don't regret a single provari purchase, and I hope they see me through vaping as a MTL person for the rest of my life...

I did get 1 Ltr of nic salts from Nicotine river at 100 mg/ml and I will probably get another one at Christmas, and some more flavors, but for the most part I did not purchase much at all this Thanksgiving, it wasn't needed so I didn't do it. Trying to rein myself in and it's not as if I don't have a few more RTAs to get up and running successfully, anyway. Mostly, I've been trying to start organizing my vape walk-in closet this weekend, LOL.

Anna

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You do take each new product out of the box to check it out first, right? What if it comes broken?

My intentions were to try lots of flavors. But, my laziness gets in the way. For a long time, I only vaped one flavor. I've only branched out because that one flavor is starting to seem rather tasteless to me.
I visually inspected the rda's. The boxes with mods are unopened. If and when significant restrictions on access to mods appears too be looming I'll open the boxes and test functionality then perhaps repack in acid free (archive style) packaging. If real restrictions really are coming perhaps I'll expand the stash but right now I'm where I want to be.

I discovered early that using minimal flavoring (1%) prevents me getting burned out on a flavoring,. A few months ago I tried a different flavor at 1%. It was different and a good vape but not worth the bother to mix more.

Today I opened a 1 liter amber glass bottle of 100 mg nic (from MFS) for the first time, and split it into 4 250 ml bottles. It had been in the freezer untouched for 2 years. It was almost crystal clear. My impression is there was no color change from 2 years ago. That's encouraging. I won't know how it vapes until the next batch is mixed, in a month. I'm sure it will be fine. One new thing I discovered, I couldn't pour directly from the full 1 liter bottle into the 250 ml bottles because the necks were too small and the 1 liter bottle too full. I poured part of the 1 liter bottle into an erylanmeyer flask, which has a wider neck, then filled the smaller bottles from that. Live and learn.

PS I believe part of the Erlenmeyer flask design is to make it easier to pour liquids in and out with control. I used a 1 liter flask for the above but a 500 ml might have worked just as well. I mix with graduated cylinders, not with flasks and syringes any more.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
May be I'm not a typical vaper because I only keep one atomizer juiced up at a time, use only one mod 99% of the time and mix only one flavor.
Not sure what a typical vaper is, because I am at the polar opposite of you. I need several setups with different types of ejuice to keep me interested and off cigarettes.
There are three I use regularly. One of them -- and the one I use the most -- is unflavored. However, there are two other (very light) flavors that I really like to have, particularly in the mornings. In fact, I grabbed the wrong mod (the one with the unflavored) when I went to bed last night. I realized it when I put it on the nightstand but decided it wasn't worth going back downstairs to get the right one. This morning, I wished I had, because it just wasn't the right 'wake-up' vape.

I do have a few others that are juiced up and could be vaped at any time, but I rarely bother.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
There are three I use regularly. One of them -- and the one I use the most -- is unflavored. However, there are two other (very light) flavors that I really like to have, particularly in the mornings. In fact, I grabbed the wrong mod (the one with the unflavored) when I went to bed last night. I realized it when I put it on the nightstand but decided it wasn't worth going back downstairs to get the right one. This morning, I wished I had, because it just wasn't the right 'wake-up' vape.

I do have a few others that are juiced up and could be vaped at any time, but I rarely bother.

I guess I am not the only one with a specific start of the day juice.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If anyone bought more nic base and needs bottles:

PackagingOptionsDirect.com
has FREE Shipping TODAY only!

Use this code at Checkout: CYBERSAVINGS​

They also carry dropper bottles if anyone needs some. They don't come with the tall thin tips, but their shorter fatter ones work fine, too.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
the right 'wake-up' vape.,,,,,,,,,i vape the same recipe for over a year 24/7,,,,,,,now you're making me want my coffee morning vape i made up over a year ago lol. whats really sad is all of the flavors i have done nothing/so little with.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
the right 'wake-up' vape.,,,,,,,,,i vape the same recipe for over a year 24/7,,,,,,,now you're making me want my coffee morning vape i made up over a year ago lol. whats really sad is all of the flavors i have done nothing/so little with.

Me too, what a waste! I guess it’s part of the discovery process when starting DIY. I’m glad I always stuck with buying the smallest sizes. There’s only 2 flavors where I buy in larger quantities!

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I think like many, heavy smokers who had tried to quit many times, I kind of went overboard, probably, as I was so THRILLED that vaping was working, and I joined when deeming was still looming, so I may have overbought some things.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
good news today for another day (soon i hope)

The South Korean conglomerate said on Monday that its research arm — Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) — has successfully synthesised “graphene balls” that can boost its battery capacity by 45 per cent and increase charging speed by five times the existing standards. Subscribe to read

Users who are viewing this thread