Are you done stocking up?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Me too, what a waste! I guess it’s part of the discovery process when starting DIY. I’m glad I always stuck with buying the smallest sizes. There’s only 2 flavors where I buy in larger quantities!
I am the same.

I went bonkers with new flavours and barely use any of them. I have dozens of flavours that I spent hundreds of $$$ on and will likely never use them.

My wife vapes grape (FlavorWest Grape and a bit of Cotton Candy) only so I buy her grape flavouring in 500ml bottles. I am down to my Cinnamon Churro and Stawberry Custard and I use maybe 6-7 flavours total which I buy in 120-250ml bottles.

Glad I know what I like but don’t know what I was thinking when I decided to order things like 120ml of maple syrup, deep fried Oreo, etc. :rolleyes:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
good news today for another day (soon i hope)

The South Korean conglomerate said on Monday that its research arm — Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) — has successfully synthesised “graphene balls” that can boost its battery capacity by 45 per cent and increase charging speed by five times the existing standards. Subscribe to read
I've been following battery announcements for years. They all have something in common. There is a big announcement then you never hear any more about it.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I managed to not buy any gear last weekend. I had a few hundred bucks worth of squonk gear in carts but only bought a dozen batteries (need 20 more), 3 gallons of VG and 10 or 12 ounces of flavor refills. I bought a 500' box of rayon today locally, should be good on wicks for the next 10 - 15 years.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I managed to not buy any gear last weekend. I had a few hundred bucks worth of squonk gear in carts but only bought a dozen batteries (need 20 more), 3 gallons of VG and 10 or 12 ounces of flavor refills. I bought a 500' box of rayon today locally, should be good on wicks for the next 10 - 15 years.

Good self-restraint! My humongous rayon box will last me maybe 8 years compared to your 10-15 as I also use it to remove fingernail polish!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Good self-restraint! My humongous rayon box will last me maybe 8 years compared to your 10-15 as I also use it to remove fingernail polish!
I brought my dog to VetCo @ PetCo last week. I looked around the strip mall to see what's new and saw a Sally's. I had the thought that I could buy a box while I'm there but...it lasted less than a second because I still have 300' left from the box I bought long ago. Maybe I'll get another in a couple of years or so...

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Slacker. Have you even thought about what could happen after 2157? This is no time to lose focus. :evil:

I might have to build a coil. The current crop of lawmakers will be well dead by then and I can dance on their grave.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I was basically stocked up when the Deeming first came out. There were still lots of thin spots though. So, I worked to fill them in.

So, I'm pretty well set. Except for a bit more nic since I've been mixing all my sister's liquid.

But, now and then I'll hear about a new problem I hadn't thought of before. Like the fact that LED screens have lifespans shorter than the length of time I want my stash to last.

I do have mechs. But, a long term stash of VV would be nice. So, I've become interested in VV mods without LED screens. IOW, potentiometers. I just ordered one that's on sale: http://www.fasttech.com/p/7713400

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Oh Wow! The ol' potentiometer! Talk about bringing old skool back. Love it, DH!

minxy3.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Im just waiting on a few orders
Ive made to ship
to add to my collection.
Then think i will be good for a while
Also got the Hussar v1.0 DS goon sqounker mod clone
Entheon RDA an a few others from 3f vapes to add to the list. Thats me done for this year's shopping.
b87ae5968f2b75fb34cf54f2b01e9e13.jpg
8f8cdb89372b5e958c3053bb5c0e3896.jpg
30497e78ac02b5e26f2f4b63ecdeaa4f.jpg
d89d2d0b4426d5ff378ea9103a5560e8.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I want to be confident of a quality vape for 10 years (may be 20) but not over spend in the process since may be the products I prefer will remain available or may be there will be a compelling reason to change what's in the stockpile. Everything stays new in the box so I only buy what's needed. If I need to take something out of the stockpile for daily use it's replaced with something that stays new in the box. (I haven't bouught a new style of mod or atomizer for daily use or for the stockpile in more than a year because I don't see anything interesting.

May be I'm not a typical vaper because I only keep one atomizer juiced up at a time, use only one mod 99% of the time and mix only one flavor. May be that sounds austere but it turns out to be all I need.
Lol, I thought I was the only one. Have a TON of mods and tanks that have never even been opened. Large # of factory coils for the tanks that need them (several years of coils for each tank), and then my rebuildables as well.

I too feel the same, that once a tank or a mod has been opened, it's out of the stockpile and due to be replaced. Been using the same one or two tanks for the past 3-4 years, and typically have one single and one dual battery mod that are for daily use. The rest of my stockpile is to replace something I use daily that breaks or wears out. I'm planning on opening up a new dual battery mod in the next few weeks and trying to decide which one I want to try, lol.

My nicotine concentrate is frozen, and if I stay primarily at 3mg, I have enough to last over 30 years are my current usage rates. Still once/year, I purchase an additional 1/2 L of 100mg nic in case any of it goes bad or I got a bad batch, I have newer stock to replace it. At how little it costs to pick up an additional 1/2 L per year of the 100mg nic, it's worth it to me.

I also stick with ONE flavor of juice, UNFLAVORED, and I mix a liter of it at a time. Not only do my coils last forever with unflavored juice, vaping for me is about an effective way of delivering nicotine, not 'tasty' juices. :)

So trying to only buy new mods here and there, an extra tank sometimes when something that looks promising comes out, and then my 1/2L of nic juice each year.

So you aren't the only one. We sound pretty similar in many respects.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I'm the opposite.
Every new mod gets opened and tested, in case I need to return it.
They are put on the shelf and in rotation.
The mod I'm using this week will be put back on the shelf and not used again for another year.

I test the mod and run 2 batteries through it . Then in the box in the basement. Tanks get a once over then in the box. I am running one of each mod in the rotation to see how they last but they don't replace my daily drivers.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I don't have an exact count handy, but for me, it's closer to 20 than 52.

Oh, and almost all of them are mech squonkers.

I have six, two REO Grands, two P67 (which do not appeal to me), one DNA squoker (rarely used) and one very special aluminum CeeCee. I am stocked up for mods.

Users who are viewing this thread