Are you done stocking up?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
He is wrong. I use mine every day. I would really really like to get some gold but I my wallet keeps me more of a chicken instead of filet minion type of person. :)

I could have sworn that thing for for buy at much less than chicken prices earlier. More like Ramen Noodles! ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, and maybe JC can correct me, it changed from a sale to a bid, and it would have been after an email I sent if so. I hope I'm wrong. :eek:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I could have sworn that thing for for buy at much less than chicken prices earlier. More like Ramen Noodles! ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, and maybe JC can correct me, it changed from a sale to a bid, and it would have been after an email I sent if so. I hope I'm wrong. :eek:
Maybe there was a lot of interest in it but no one was buying so the price increased....I dunno

Bunches and bunches of years ago .... We had an upholstery shop. Occasionally we would pick up a piece of furniture, recover it an sell it. We had a nice little recliner that we picked up for a good price so were able to put a low price on it. Lots of folks looked and liked but didn't buy. After a couple of months we decided to raise the price. It sold in a couple of days. I guess folks though there had to be something wrong with it since we had such a good price one it. seems it is all a mind game. Maybe he is wanting it gone and figures if he raises the price it will be gone in a heartbeat with no questions asked beforehand :D

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I could have sworn that thing for for BUY at much less than chicken prices earlier. More like Ramen Noodles! ;)

I first started messaging back and forth with him about some questions I had...about 2:45AM EST. Then I submitted an offer which he accepted, at 3:09AM EST. He didn't have a Buy It Now price on anything as of that time. Everything listed had a starting bid price shown and also the Best Offer option was available.

He did have the starting bid price for both the P3 and the Gold Zenkote, set lower at that time. During more back/forth messaging over the next 1/2 hour or so...I suggested he might want to take a look back at completed listings for those 2. He'd see what many had sold for...so he'd get a more fair price for them, especially since he was also willing to accept Best Offers. It was after he did that, when he raised the starting bid for each of them, as no one had placed bids nor made offers by then. Actually, the $11 higher starting bid for the GZ is still extremely fair, IMO, considering it's NIB, comes with the extension cap, has the Best Offer option available, and also is Free S/H. The P3 is IMO, well-within the price range that used ones of those have sold for on eBay, and even here on the Classies. He's also still got the Best Offer option shown, with Free S/H for it, too.

ETA: Since PV closed its doors, I've seen more than just a couple of the GZ and the Dragon 2.5...sell NIB for $200+ on eBay.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think anyone who answers yes to this thread is either a) in deep denial or b) is purposefully lying or c) has the fortitude and self-restraint of an elephant.
Or d) they recognize the distinction between "stocking up" and buying stuff just because they want it.

I finished "stocking up" more than two years ago, right around the time the final Deeming Regs were published. From that point on, I slept well at night knowing nobody could ever make me stop vaping and thereby tempt me to go back to smoking.

But that doesn't mean I haven't bought some stuff I've wanted. :D

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Or d) they recognize the distinction between "stocking up" and buying stuff just because they want it.

I finished "stocking up" more than two years ago, right around the time the final Deeming Regs were published. From that point on, I slept well at night knowing nobody could ever make me stop vaping and thereby tempt me to go back to smoking.

Exactly. Me & Mrs. used to spend $600/month on cancersticks.
Now we vape for $20/month including her BVC coils because of DIY.

"nobody could ever make me or my friends stop vaping" - fixed it 4U :)
nic pic 2018.jpg

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

That hits the mark. I declared my end of stocking up date July of last year, even put it in red at the top of my vaping diary file next to my quitting date. I had enough tanks and mods and spare parts to see me through. Since then I've picked up 2 nice mods and a STM just because I felt like it. Plus some Picos for the wife when she started vaping more and Spinners weren't doing it.

There really is a difference between stocking up and getting stuff for pleasure. A lot less pressure for a start. It's more like fun rather than a grim battle against time and the forces of darkness.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Stopping by to say to all the Stocked up gang :) I also wanted to share that I just opened some e juice I had in the freezer since May 2016 and it was great! Tasted very fresh. So glad I kept some of my old favorites in the freezer. I make my own juice, so this was a treat from the past. I haven't bought anything in 2 years besides flavors. So how are the tariffs affecting everyone? I thought of FT right away.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This thread is kinda like the Shinyitis thread only without the enthusiasm. LOL.

So, I'mma gonna add some: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR G10 BLACK PULSE X because you never know when you are going to NEED ONE!

GOOD job for getting it done early and should you need to stock up more, well YOU SHOULD it's an UNCERTAIN future!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I DIY my own juice so I’ve got 5 liters of 100mg mic in the freezer. I may actually buy one or two more but will wait until cooler months.

As far as mods go I’ve got too many because of shinyitis. Easily at 20 mods now. I’ve got a lot of RBAs and several sub ohm drop in coil atties & their coils stocked pretty good.

All the other stuff like wire and flavors will be available regardless of the vape legislation.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
This is nice for saving usb ports amd also making it easier to plug stuff in. Just buy as many as yoi have mods and mobile phones and keep them in. The other side plugged into cables. Then forget about them :)

Of course, select apptopriatr types based on your devices (micro usb, usb c, apple)

$3.91 (Free Shipping) Micro-USB to 8-pin Magnetic Converter Adapter (Micro-USB to 8-pin, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

I just purchased a 3 pack of the magnetic USB adapter for $12 at Amazon. I use 1 on my Pico Squeeze 2 because the 21700 battery keeps getting chewed up by the charger unit. I use the other two on my iPhone and iPad

Reactions: stols001

Users who are viewing this thread