Are you done stocking up?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
If it’s like stained glass, get a drop on your iron and touch quickly to the point you want to leave the dot. I wonder if you have to flux to get it to adhere? All I saw in another site was to file the battery top a bit.

Wish I knew the answers. That linked page mentioned fluxing. I do have a soldering iron out in the garage somewhere but my soldering experience is limited. I once had a box of light strips that came with the wrong plugs, whenever I replaced one I had to reuse the old plug and solder on the new wire. Didn't matter if it was a misshapen mess.

Might grab an old metal tin or a can or something and experiment. It sounds like fun actually. Wouldn't want to try it on a battery until I have some idea what's going to happen.

Reactions: NolaMel

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Wish I knew the answers. That linked page mentioned fluxing. I do have a soldering iron out in the garage somewhere but my soldering experience is limited. I once had a box of light strips that came with the wrong plugs, whenever I replaced one I had to reuse the old plug and solder on the new wire. Didn't matter if it was a misshapen mess.

Might grab an old metal tin or a can or something and experiment. It sounds like fun actually. Wouldn't want to try it on a battery until I have some idea what's going to happen.
Try a heavy piece of glass. The solder blobs will pop right off. Use a wide tip, not a small one like you use to spot solder electronics

Reactions: englishmick

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I don't know soldering myself, and like I said, I don't think I'd be comfortable soldering an adapter onto a battery even if I did. But maybe someone out there experienced, with a stash of umpteen provaris, maybe could experiment on one that was way old and almost worn out anyway (if there even is such a thing), and try to solder the adapter into the tube where the connector is? Just an idea, please don't hate me if anyone actually tries this and wrecks a provari. Do at your own risk, I accept no liabiltiy if something goes wrong, I think I have my legal bases covered here. Now those of you who have more knowledge and experience can tell me how this wouldn't work, I'm honestly curious. Could turn into a nice side business for someone if they could pull it off successfully.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So the Dicodes v2 is just a bit bigger than the mini, otherwise the same? Still thinking about it :)
In a word: yes. The mini is minimalized, smooshed, and has the display sideways, all of which is pretty sweet ergonomically, it's like a smaller, better built, more powerful Radius. I think the V2s and #6's (26650) are both about to get a reboot. A dual battery mod is also -- perpetually -- forthcoming, but hasn't seemingly made their priority list since most of the people buying dicodes are using things like Kayfuns, Skylines, Hussar, Squape, Dwarv, Vapor Giant, Taifun, etc, stuff that drifts from MTL to DL, but doesn't require 800 gigawatts to power.

I think Creme De Vape has a sale on both V2s and 6s, the thing to keep in mind is if you buy it from the UK, you're not getting dicodes pretty stellar US customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread