Are you done stocking up?

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
I've heard of folks in the UK getting nic from Hiliq and being happy with it. They don't seem to be shy about what they put on shipping labels. I do wonder what kind of trouble you would be in if the package got opened or damaged.

I gotta figure it's not illegal to mail vape stuff, even in June, we can still mail anything tobacco up to 10 times per month from private adult to adult. Just the business would be breaking the law, maybe they'll go to China and cry up a storm

Reactions: NolaMel

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Current postal regulations for shipping tobacco products consumer to consumer say total package weight limit is 10 ounces.

So after a Mailer/Box/Packing Peanuts and a Container, you be looking at 180 ~ 220ml of e-Liquid or so.

At least that's what the Back of the Envelope Calculation says.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Current postal regs for cigarettes and smokeless tobacco summarized for C2C shipments. Don't know if Pact Act is changing any of it.

Strange that it doesn't mention pipe tobacco or cigars :confused:

DMM Revision: Treatment of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco as Nonmailable Matter

- Package weight must be no more than 10 oz.

- Must be shipped using face-to-face service. In other words, must present to postal worker at USPS counter. No pickups allowed. Proof of age and identity of sender must be verified with govt issued photo ID.

- Must be sent with "Express Mail" (I take this to mean Priority Express? - expensive, minimum $25 but more if Adult 21+ Signature service is required to be purchased, not clear on that. You will be paying retail rates since you have to buy this postage at the post office, so it might even be closer to $30+ all tolled).

- Must bear real, full names of shipper and recipient on shipping label.

- Outside of package must be labeled with wording "PERMITTED TOBACCO MAILING – DELIVER ONLY TO AGE-VERIFIED ADULT OF LEGAL AGE"

- Package cannot be delivered to recipient. Recipient must pick up package at post office and proof of age and identity of recipient must be verified with govt issued photo ID. Recipient must sign PS Form 3849.

- One person cannot mail more than 10 such shipments a 30-day period (meaning, you will be put in a database to track your identity to how many tobaco shipments you made in the last 30-days, which is why you have to ship it via a trip to the post office).

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2016
    When this thread first started I had no plan to start stocking up. Now I have a lifetime supply of nic base (I’m 80 years old), I just laid in 100 coils, I have 2 units I use daily and 5 new ones in stock. About a years supply of VG & PG but that should be available for some time to come. I can thumb my nose at these .....’s that think they know what’s best for me

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So after a Mailer/Box/Packing Peanuts and a Container, you be looking at 180 ~ 220ml of e-Liquid or so.

At least that's what the Back of the Envelope Calculation says.

Weight of some mods & kits in manufacturer's packaging and juice in glass.

Swag 2/NRG PE kit - 10oz.

Swag 2 mod - 6.5oz.

Pico 75W/Melo 3 Mini kit - 9.8 oz.

Pico 75W mod - 8 oz.

4oz glass bottle of PG nic - 8.5 oz. (bottle & cap weight is 4oz)

1oz glass bottle of PG nic - 3 oz. (bottle & cap weight is 1.5oz)

ETA: I just got done weighing various different priority mail boxes and PM padded envelopes (which I know are the same as PM Express) and you can figure proper packing materials to add and additional 2-3 oz. But with the way some people have shipped things to me, I'd never be buying nic base from most people. :facepalm:

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Weight of some mods & kits in manufacturer's packaging and juice in glass.

Swag 2/NRG PE kit - 10oz.

Swag 2 mod - 6.5oz.

Pico 75W/Melo 3 Mini kit - 9.8 oz.

Pico 75W mod - 8 oz.

4oz glass bottle of PG nic - 8.5 oz.

1oz glass bottle of PG nic - 3 oz.

The Last time I shipped a Mod using USPS, the person at the PO asked me if these was "any Flammable Liquids or anything Hazardous? Any Batteries?" I looked Her right in the I eye and said... "No. It's a Hobby Power Supply. No Battery". She said Great and slapped the Postage on it.

If I ever ship a Mod again, I'm going to tell them the Same Thing. No Matter what it Weighs.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If I ever ship a Mod again, I'm going to tell them the Same Thing. No Matter what it Weighs.

If you're going to take the "stealth" option then, as I posted in another thread yesterday or so, might as well go full stealth and just print shipping online and either drop it in a blue box or schedule a free pickup. Postage is cheaper online (through Paypal or other online postage places due to them getting "commercial base rate"), no lines, no interrogations, no etc. OBLIGATORY: "But it's not legal".

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If you're going to take the "stealth" option then, as I posted in another thread yesterday or so, might as well go full stealth and just print shipping online and either drop it in a blue box or schedule a free pickup. Postage is cheaper online (through Paypal or other online postage places due to them getting "commercial base rate"), no lines, no interrogations, no etc. OBLIGATORY: "But it's not legal".

No, If I am going to Mail something like a Mod, I'm going to walk right up to the Counter and have the PO person put the Postage on it. And I'm going to give the Camera hanging on the Wall a Full full 5 Second look so the AI can Cross Reference my Face.

I'm Not Doing Anything wrong Shipping a Mod that Doesn't have a Battery in it. No Reason to Act like I am.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Hmm. I wonder if that could actually be done.
    Yep it can be. Companies can request that nicotine be tested from either blood, urine or saliva just like they do for drugs, THC, etc. Some companies do this already due to their tobacco policies. Insurance is another reason companies do it.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Strange that it doesn't mention pipe tobacco or cigars :confused:

I make NETs using Pipe tobacco and cigars. I buy both forms of tobacco online from vendors here in the US using Paypal and have the tobacco shipped, no signature required, to my house.... FedEx, USPS and UPS have no issues with handling these shipments. Go figure.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yep it can be. Companies can request that nicotine be tested from either blood, urine or saliva just like they do for drugs, THC, etc. Some companies do this already due to their tobacco policies. Insurance is another reason companies do it.

I was asking whether or not a test could be devised to differentiate cotinine from smoking cigarettes and cotinine from vaping.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    I was asking whether or not a test could be devised to differentiate cotinine from smoking cigarettes and cotinine from vaping.
    OK, understand now. No I don't think it can be, nor do they care if it could. Tobacco is Tobacco, etc....In their eyes.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    NE Texas, USA
    I make NETs using Pipe tobacco and cigars. I buy both forms of tobacco online from vendors here in the US using Paypal and have the tobacco shipped, no signature required, to my house.... FedEx, USPS and UPS have no issues with handling these shipments. Go figure.

I see young people buying cigars and cutting the sides and dumping the tobacco so the casing can be refilled with something else. I wonder why those kids aren't worth saving...hmmm

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

Probably not cotinine, but some other test. Perhaps a metabolite of PG or VG being very high. High Nickel or Chromium will detect some but not all.

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    My recommendation to @Vapeon4Life for a cigar/pod-like set-up is what I've used daily for the last few years for low wattage, high resistance MTL.

The Smok Zmax Mini is a single button, tubular, 20mm wide, VV/VW device that uses an 18350 battery, or with an extension tube an 18650. Its range is 3-6 volts or 3-15 watts and can fire coils no lower than 1.2 ohms.

VP Distributions has the Starter kit that includes an extension tube for $10.39 after discount and just the mini mod for $3.19. Use code WELCOME20 for 20% off your entire order. Ignore the shipping estimate in the cart which gives the wholesale price starting at $9.99, retail shipping starts at $3.99. For orders of $30 and more shipping is free when logged in with a registered account.

SmokTech Mini Zmax Starter Kit( FINAL SALE) - $12.99 - VP Distributions & Wholesale Supplier

SmokTech Zmax Mini VV Mod( FINAL SALE) - $3.99 - VP Distributions & Wholesale Supplier

For the pod, I recommend the GS-H5 clearomizer which uses the same MT3 coils as the Kanger eVod tanks that UncleJunkle suggested. It's the most durable clearomizer I've found. All the H2s or eVod knock-offs I've tried break or leak badly in short order.

They're available here in colors for $1.99. Shipping is $6.20. For orders of $29 or more use code FACEBOOK10 to get a 10% discount.

e Cigarette Vaporizer | GS-H5 Clearomizers | e Veporizer

Clear ones are available for $2.99 here.

GS H5 Clearomizer | Electronic Cigarette Tank
    Received the Smok Zmax Mini Starter Kit today. I wasn't sure if the battery would be any good after sitting on the shelf these past seven years, but it was at 3.7 volts out of the box. I vaped it down to 3.3 volts and put it in the charger. It's only a 750mah rated battery. It took 566mah to bring it to full charge, so I think it still has some useful life.

Users who are viewing this thread