Are you done stocking up?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
@DancingHeretik - I just went to Aqua Vapor and had clicked to add some things in my cart when this Security Warning popped up:

"The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party.
Are you sure you want to send this information?"

Do you know anything about this? Did it pop up for you or anyone else?

Sounds like tge traditional warning i get when i use a public wi-fi hot spot to access a secure site.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
:(
Yeah, that is a sobering thought. I hated spending money on coils even before I started worrying about the Deeming so everything I've got has to have coils made. I'm 65, eyes are getting dodgy and knuckles are starting to ache.

Thought I was finished stocking up. Now I have to start getting more new stuff again. :(

Or maybe another solution would be to wrap a lifetime supply of coils. Still have to install them in the tanks but wrapping is probably the hardest part eye and hand-wise. How many PT, Lemo and Kayfun coils will I need for the rest of my life? Time to get out the calculator. Might not be all that many, they can be rewicked for quite a long time.

Now I'm thinking about this stuff I see another problem looming. Getting Kayfun tanks apart is giving me fits already, especially getting the first tank section off the base. There isn't much to get hold of and the threads are really grippy. Maybe I need to build a jig to help with that.

Maybe we need a thread for ideas on age-proofing our vaping gear.
Absolutely! Do it!
I mix right in my tank mostly. Just add a few drops of flavoring and fill with my peegeeveegy mix.

Today it's two drops Lemon Sicily and two drops Whipped Cream with one drop of Lime Tahiti. Would depend on the size tank of course. :)
I much more spontaneous and fun method. Great idea.
There is only one fool proof way to age proof your gear - a favorite nephew that needs spending money...
With me it's a teenaged grandson, and two more grandson's to follow once the oldest leaves home.
...the other thing that really helps a lot when taking the Kayfun (LitePlus) apart is to remove the fill screw first....:blush: I speak from experience. :laugh:
Excellent idea.
@DancingHeretik - I just went to Aqua Vapor and had clicked to add some things in my cart when this Security Warning popped up:

"The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party.
Are you sure you want to send this information?"

Do you know anything about this? Did it pop up for you or anyone else?
No, it didn't. I've ordered from them several times. This is the first time I didn't buy just a Hybris from them. I love the Hybris!
Anyone have 1 of these? The sucker looks about 4-5" long with the extension pole in it!! At only 14mm diameter, I bet the deck is very tiny, too, huh?

Tobeco Mini KayFun V2 Rebuildable Tank Atomizer Rebuildable Tank Atomizer from Aqua Vapor eCig North Carolina
I bought one to use in my MicroStick. Haven't tried it yet.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I just now finished a purchase with them this minute and had no problems at all. Maybe check your isp?

eta I also ran the 2 security checks with the ssl server and Sucuri. Passed with an 'A', so I went ahead and made the purchase.

eta again
Sucuri has a medium warning about no website fire wall. And then wants the owning company to purchase their product. Since this keeps coming up on most of the companies I have been testing, I am beginning to wonder if this is a way to get the companies to order their products. Dunno. Warrants some more investigating, I guess.

I have WOT (Web of Trust) on my computer which gives ratings as to whether the site is safe.....there have been a couple of vendors I will not visit anymore because of their poor ratings. Aqua Vapor is one of the good guys.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I have WOT (Web of Trust) on my computer which gives ratings as to whether the site is safe.....there have been a couple of vendors I will not visit anymore because of their poor ratings. Aqua Vapor is one of the good guys.

Web of Trust isn't very trustworthy as it relies on user input. Far too many use the site to downgrade competitors or sites they disagree with.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Web of Trust isn't very trustworthy as it relies on user input. Far too many use the site to downgrade competitors or sites they disagree with.
Wow! I didn't think of that aspect! Yes, it is a 'community' based opinion poll, actually.
Do you have another website checker you can recommend?

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
this is my unknown.. he is a RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0mL)2.4Ω / silver / 1*airhole↓ details & specifications
i bought him for flavor tasting,, havent used him much,,i had bigger air flow holes drilled.
1395707-4.jpg

FT also has a 3 hole version of that little guy. Tiny holes, but better than just one. I liked it, but got spoiled by larger RDAs.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yup. Places like ECF are likely to get bad reviews because people disapprove of the subject matter. Very capricious rating system.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Yup. Places like ECF are likely to get bad reviews because people disapprove of the subject matter. Very capricious rating system.

Well ECF is a bad place - just think of all the money you would have saved if you would have discovered ecigs, but never found ECF and all the new toys that everyone enjoys... Everybody here is a bad influence... :eek::D:lol: Of course I luckily have stayed safe - strong procrastination skills have saved me time and time again and of course the all to famous Sold Out notices if you procrastinate to long... :D

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
FT also has a 3 hole version of that little guy. Tiny holes, but better than just one. I liked it, but got spoiled by larger RDAs.
i bought that little squirm on my very first ft order about 3 months into vaping.. heck i was buying odd things based on other people's posts about their gear.....granted they were talking about old gear too hahah...i was using some 'old future' gear thoughts and trying to find an atty that was less than 20mm for mod i was trying (and never got) to get.

while waiting on that never coming mod,,i started watching youtube videos non stop,, i think i watched every dM video there was lol,, my world of choices greatly expanded,,, i saw what i liked,, saw what i didn't like,, i bought a few small mistakes (1 aspire pen thing ,, the 2 neboxes i wouldnt do again,, if i were starting all over today or telling a newbie,,, buy a mod you like,, then sample atty's)

when i started vaping my information about vaping was more about the science of vaping,, i did not see this board until after i bought that item,, heck,, if i had started on the message boards first i think my vaping journey would have been different... but that's ok,, i am at a happy spot ,, i like my small stash.

JeremyR is who i give credit to for me successfully converting to vaping,,i was struggling to stick with vaping because of chronic vapors tongue.. while i was still open minded to mixing things up i picked up some rayon...i am extremely happy i did.. because i dont get vapors tongue anymore.. i chain vape,,, so that means i am demanding a lot of juice through a coil,, cotton was becoming an old wet rug,, while rayon acts more like a pipeline for ejuice.

i dont know why i just told you all of that,, but maybe it helps another person.---find what you like and stick with it :)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I have 3 of these and a friend drilled larger holes in them, and I find myself using them off and on all day rather than just testing juices.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well ECF is a bad place - just think of all the money you would have saved if you would have discovered ecigs, but never found ECF and all the new toys that everyone enjoys... Everybody here is a bad influence... :eek::D:lol: Of course I luckily have stayed safe - strong procrastination skills have saved me time and time again and of course the all to famous Sold Out notices if you procrastinate to long... :D
Procrastination can be very useful, especially when will power is lacking. I don't think I would have saved money. I just would have thrown more things away and maybe still not be satisfied with my vape.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I can procrastinate also but, when I put off today, what I can do tomorrow, that tomorrow always catches up to me. Right now I'm procrastinating on a Provari Classic, gun metal. I'll probably be able to hold out till sometime next month, but I know it's coming. :)

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can procrastinate also but, when I put off today, what I can do tomorrow, that tomorrow always catches up to me. Right now I'm procrastinating on a Provari Classic, gun metal. I'll probably be able to hold out till sometime next month, but I know it's coming. :)
...those look REALLY nice. :)

I procrastinated getting a Coilmaster ohm reader.
I just built my first KFL coil on it. :facepalm:
Night and day difference!!! Can't believe I waited sooooooo long!! (YMMV, but I love :wub: it!)
My DH always says that the right tools make all the difference, and for me, this was a much needed one. :)
Happy camper. :D

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
...those look REALLY nice. :)

I procrastinated getting a Coilmaster ohm reader.
I just built my first KFL coil on it. :facepalm:
Night and day difference!!! Can't believe I waited sooooooo long!! (YMMV, but I love :wub: it!)
My DH always says that the right tools make all the difference, and for me, this was a much needed one. :)
Happy camper. :D

They do look nice indeed. I've wanted a gun metal for quite awhile.
Glad you are liking the CM 521, it really helps me out, good and solid to do your work on.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They do look nice indeed. I've wanted a gun metal for quite awhile.
Glad you are liking the CM 521, it really helps me out, good and solid to do your work on.
...that blem is an AWESOME price!!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
JeremyR is who i give credit to for me successfully converting to vaping,,i was struggling to stick with vaping because of chronic vapors tongue.. while i was still open minded to mixing things up i picked up some rayon...i am extremely happy i did.. because i dont get vapors tongue anymore.. i chain vape,,, so that means i am demanding a lot of juice through a coil,, cotton was becoming an old wet rug,, while rayon acts more like a pipeline for ejuice.
Pretty much the same here.I did not like the taste i got from the silica wicks in my first tanks at all,so i started using cotton really early on in my vaping journey.I got tired of the cotton taste really fast too,and i was constantly getting dry hits or vapors tongue.I seen the rayon thread about 6 months after i started vaping,and after trying it once,i haven't used anything else since.If i had not found out about rayon,i really doubt i would still be vaping.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
...that blem is an AWESOME price!!

Oh wow! I didn't see that. I was just looking at the non blems. Well now, I gotta really think about this. I gotta go count the money in my secret stash now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread