Are you finding flavors coming through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
I received my DSE601 yesterday and I also received my JC sample pack. The TAB flavor that comes with the pipe comes through pretty good (maple flavor), however, I am getting little to no flavors thus far from JC. I haven't sampled all of them yet, but I have tried about 5 or so. At this point if I get a flavor it is very very mild.

What are others finding with regards to flavor?

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
I just got a DSE601 with high hopes of FLAVORFUL ENJOYMENT and I'm very disappointed in the flavor department. 3 different juices tried now and it still tastes like I'm vaping off the radiator hose under the hood of my car. I'm getting HINTS of my J.C. flavors, but NOTHING like how wonderful they taste in my VX2's (mini e-cigs). I WASTED a cart full (3 or 4 mL) of nice RY4 (from LiteCigUSA) on this UNFLAVORFUL epipe! AS much as I like the flavors from LitCigUSA, I refuse to vape on full PG juices when there are REDUCED PG juices available.

By the way, I got the "Welcome to e-smoking" kit at J.C. and I have already decided upon my favorite flavors (tested all 10 flavors by filling blank carts on my three VX2 units from LiteCigUSA (with USB PASSTHROUGH, + 1 auto & 5 Manual Batts). I am now awaiting 4 bottles of the following flavors of juice (all REDUCED PG, 15mL, MED): Tennessee Cured, Chocolate Truffle, French Vanilla, Espresso. On a scale of 1 to 5, I have rated all 10 JC juices as follows:

Johnson Creek flavors (reduced PG, MED) rated on 5 scale:

Tennessee Cured = 4.9

Chocolate truffle = 4.8

French vanilla = 4.7

Espresso = 4.7

Black Cherry = 4.6

Summer peach = 4.6

Simply strawberry = 4.5

J.C. Original = 4.4

Mint chocolate = 4.3 (VERY REALISTIC FLAVOR, BUT TOO MUCH MINT 4 ME!)

Arctic menthol = 3.5 (YUK....Don’t like menthol AT ALL)

Think I'll just use up my Mint Chocolate & Arctic Menthol samplers in my DSE901. Since I hate those two flavors, it wil still get used up, since I won't taste how crappy they really are. IF I use a FRESHLY CHARGED BATTERY, I certainly won't taste them LOL

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Sorry, I should have been more specific about it. I've now EDITED that post to be more specific about testing the 10 flavors from Johnson Creek SmokeJuice; hope that helps clarify. Also, be sure to read my other posts in this DSE601 section....you will discover an idea I came up with for POSSIBLY increasing flavor production with the DSE601....just a hunch really

Last edited:

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Thanks for the info. I am not sure what to do. I have now tested all the JC flavors and none are very strong with most having no taste. I went back to the TAB that came with the pipe and strangely I am not getting flavor from that now either. Plenty of vapor, but no flavor.

To your other point, my battery is still strong. I may have to try and make my own juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread