Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My mind jumps to "bigger things" right away. I would not be surprised if big tobacco has their special "case sniffing" rats infiltrating certain type of law firms and paying them to take case even if they dont think they can win.

This does harm in a larger way than a few thousand bucks. This gets the news and the sensationalists, to do the poison they do best, which is scare the public.....and remember the average "public" are the "reality show" "wanna get my 15 mins" "all about me" types.

GREED, GREED..... Todays modern "circus" where no one cares about the "animals" because , well, humans dont tend to be cuddly.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
In the work place I remember having a chat with an Admin, and we were just talking about "stuff" I used the phrase " common sense" and he poo poo'd that and shook his head, "We can NOT use that phrase anymore in the workplace, it makes the employee feel dumb and its like you are insulting him with not having any."

We both chuckled.

I think people have skipped teaching "common sense" to their young in the last few decades for fear of ruining the "you can do anything, and be anything" BS they keep shoving in the youngs faces.

For decades I have seen many people , even those with supposed common sense throw batteries in a drawer with nails, screws, spare change etc......

Unless you are familiar with the power those batteries can generate, no one think they are a threat. They think of the AAA, AA and others of that sort, and think what can happen , IF they even think anything of it.

The Cells for vaping are quite different and when purchasing (Im of the minority here), but I think someone somewhere along the vape journey should educate and say, DONT do this or that.... These can be dangerous.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I use the toaster and hair dryer when I'm in the bathtub.[emoji6]
I wouldn't sell batteries to anyone unless they were in a battery box and their lawyer was present.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Pretty much it, these days. THe catch 22 is this.... If you're a reseller you want to SELL. If you sell you have to seduce the buyer with how you life will be better if you buy this. You have to excite them, with smokers you are selling them health, longer life and general "goodness"

If you start to educate them, you know what happens? They start to think E-cigs are more work, and can kill me in a horrible burny way..... No thanks I will smoke....

We see the same explosions in many of the "we need this to live" products we use , I.E. cellphones, laptops etc.

But the media doesnt demonize them because they are not associated with the "devils" candy: Smoking cigarettes.

Reactions: Tonee N

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I sold Oreos and Velveeta for 7 years, our company slogan should have been "Making America Fat 1 Oreo at a Time".
But then again when they pretty much sell themselves and people don't care of the long term use that's what lawyers are for.
"I gained weight, my sex life went down hill, and now I'm depressed and it was Nabisco's fault for not warning me that this would happen"

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
Jesus, anti-vaping is going to have a field day with this. Its always the batteries nowadays isnt it? Maybe on top of the small boxes companies could include small rubber caps for each end of the battery when not in use. This way people dont need to keep the box or buy a case to carry batteries around. Sort of like the rubber top that comes with the UWell crown II coils. I know you can buy stuff but maybe if the batteries just came with rubber tops people wouldnt really have an excuse for completely unprotected batteries.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Jesus, anti-vaping is going to have a field day with this. Its always the batteries nowadays isnt it? Maybe on top of the small boxes companies could include small rubber caps for each end of the battery when not in use. This way people dont need to keep the box or buy a case to carry batteries around. Sort of like the rubber top that comes with the UWell crown II coils. I know you can buy stuff but maybe if the batteries just came with rubber tops people wouldnt really have an excuse for completely unprotected batteries.
Totally agree. The cost to the company to provide a plastic case is minimal compared to the thousands they could be sued for, let alone saving the injuries from occurring. If customers purchased batteries that came with a case and then failed to use that case at least the company covered itself. Not following directions would then fall to the end user. Responsible use should fall to the end user with any product used, not just ecigs or cell phones. I always totally understand any product before I even attempt to use it.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Want to make big $$$ just become an [edited]!

I find amazing that people get rewarded for their lack of common sense and stupidity.

One thing is a faulty cell (something I understand may happen but it is extremely rare) and another the users lack of intelligence.

Took me 9 months to buy a mech. I never carry extra batteries with me and all my cells are kept with an individual silicone cover and the best part is that I didn't have to study a PhD to know about battery safety.

If the cells become unavailable due to this kind of lawsuits we are going to be doomed.

I'm really mad [emoji35]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
All of you claiming the user is at fault need to step back and remember what your knowledge base was like when you first started vaping. There are even long time vapers who are still pretty clueless about the power that's packed into each battery. Considering the number of shops (both online and physical) that sell batteries that are wrapped with outrageous CDR numbers, owners and employees are pretty clueless as well. Perhaps a lawsuit or two will wake the rest of the industry up and force them to start taking battery safety seriously.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I do agree with what you are saying. But if the user doesn't have common sense or takes responsiblity for their own actions(since batteries etc are inanimate objects) then they resort to blaming others.
I also believe they're are many vendors online and B&M stores who's employees do not teach or caution users and or lack the knowledge to do so in regards to battery safety.
It's really frustrating to see, unless the product is faulty, anyone not taking responsibility for their own actions.
Yes, I will be the first to admit I cannot walk on water and I have made countless mistakes in my years but I learned quick to fess up and take the heat for my mistakes.
You can't blame the dog for everything.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
However, in this case, battery safety is a very serious issue that can have long reaching repercussions if you don't handle them properly. This isn't like an alkaline battery that you've tossed in your pocket over the years. The power behind a lithium ion battery has the ability to seriously injure you.

I would hazard a guess that most shops don't even carry the plastic cases for batteries, and you know good and well that the employees aren't saying boo about safety to their customers.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
However, in this case, battery safety is a very serious issue that can have long reaching repercussions if you don't handle them properly. This isn't like an alkaline battery that you've tossed in your pocket over the years. The power behind a lithium ion battery has the ability to seriously injure you.

I would hazard a guess that most shops don't even carry the plastic cases for batteries, and you know good and well that the employees aren't saying boo about safety to their customers.
Agreed. I am fortunate to have 2 great stores that do practice battery/vaping safety with their customers.(They carry ALOT of battery cases).
I know the world and it's inhabitants aren't perfect, I just wish for a little more effort in our daily thinking. Even myself.[emoji106]

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Reactions: zoiDman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread